Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Polar Bear Jones

2011 players the Falcons have shown interest in

444 posts in this topic

Falcons | Cameron Jordan expected to visit

Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:18:19 -0700

The Atlanta Falcons are expected to meet with University of California DE Cameron Jordan before the 2011 NFL Draft, a source told Adam Caplan, of FOXSports.com.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: FOXSports.com - Adam Caplan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Falcons | Ryan Kerrigan to work out Thursday

Thu, 31 Mar 2011 08:19:46 -0700

Purdue DL Ryan Kerrigan will conduct a private workout for the Atlanta Falcons Thursday, March 31, according to Aaron Wilson, of NationalFootballPost.com.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: NationalFootballPost.com - Aaron Wilson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Falcons | Brandon Harris worked out

Thu, 31 Mar 2011 06:26:02 -0700

University of Miami CB Brandon Harris worked out for the Atlanta Falcons, reports Aaron Wilson, of NationalFootballPost.com.

Falcons | Scheduled to work out DeMarcus Van Dyke

Wed, 30 Mar 2011 06:12:34 -0700

The Atlanta Falcons are scheduled to work out University of Miami CB DeMarcus Van Dyke Wednesday, March 30, reports Aaron Wilson, of NationalFootballPost.com.

RB Bilal Powell

Louisville running back Bilal Powell is scheduled to visit the Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys, Atlanta Falcons and the New York Jets, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Rai likes this

TD is really really high on him.

I remember watching this kid at the senior bowl thinking he was a beast. Kid was all over the field. While he doesnt seem to have the full package he def has a nose for the ball. My question is can he play OLB?

Twitter

Allen Bailey/DL/Miami-Fl worked out with the Atlanta Falcons yesterday.

yea.. Most likely we worked out all the U players that we liked yesterday

Am I the only one that has noticed that the scouts for the Falcons, Cheifs, and Patriots all seem to show up at the same pro-days (even the small/obscure schools)? It's like they're travelling in a three team pack.

TD has talked about a "friends help friends" philosphy he got from the Pats. Maybe their pooling some scouting talent in some way.

Am I the only one that has noticed that the scouts for the Falcons, Cheifs, and Patriots all seem to show up at the same pro-days (even the small/obscure schools)? It's like they're travelling in a three team pack.

TD has talked about a "friends help friends" philosphy he got from the Pats. Maybe their pooling some scouting talent in some way.

Nope. I saw that last year too. Especially the Pats. Seems like we

like the same players.

yea.. Most likely we worked out all the U players that we liked yesterday

Unless it's undercover, I haven't heard about Hank yet. As far

as working out. We talked to him at the Sr. Bowl tho.

Nope. I saw that last year too. Especially the Pats. Seems like we

like the same players.

yup... We play different schemes but the core of what you want in a player is near the same.

During the season i remember reading an article about Scott Pioli and Thomas Dimitroff being out scouting the same player (Ben Ijalana) and hanging out

Defense:

LB – Mike Mohamed, Akeem Dent, Casey Mathews, Quan Sturdivant, Colin Mccarthy

CB – Brandon Harris, Demarcus Van Dyke, Rashad Carmichael

S – Robert Sands, Quinton Carter, Jeron Johnson, Chris Conte, Mistral Raymond

DT - Jurrel Casey

DE – Sam Acho, Allen Bailey, Justin Houston, Aldon Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, Cameron Jordan

Offense:

TE – Jordan Cameron, Stephen Skelton, Will Yeatman, Chris Blohm

OC - Colin Baxter

OT – Anthony Castanzo, Tyron Smith

OG – Zach Hurd

WR – Ricardo Lockette, Edmund Gates, Jerrel Jernigan, Denarius Moore, Dwayne Harris, Vidal Hazelton, Leonard Hankerson, Torrey Smith, Titus Young, Tyler Beiler

FB –

QB – Adam Weber, Adam Froman, T.J.Yates

RB – Noel Devine, Taiwan Jones, Ryan Williams, Kendall Hunter, Dajuan Harris, Da'Rel Scott, Mario Fannin, Derrick Locke, Bilal Powell

judging by this i would venture to say we are targeting a DE in rd 1 with the outside shot of an OT slipping to us or CB brandon harris.

round 2, 3, 4, and 5 looks like a RB, WR, LB, and S.

round 6, 7, 7, and 7 looks like interior OL, QB, RB, WR, TE, or S.

didnt we also look at that kid devon house or something like that? cb from new mexico st

Haven't heard that one yet.

i think a good mock draft from this information would be...

#27-LDE - Allen Bailey - i base this on all the attention we have given him and the fact that he would fill possibly our biggest need. add in that he will assuredly be available and there you have it.

#59-WR - Torrey Smith - because he is the best WR available. [he said with fingers crossed]

#91-LB - Colin McCarthy - best LB available because we need a future starter to groom.

#124-RB - Bilal Powell - best RB in middle round.

#158-S - Chris Conte - he just strikes me as a dimitroff kind of guy.

#192-OG - Zach Hurd - he seems to fit here in the draft.

#209-RB - Johnny White - i seem to recall us showing interest in this guy at one time even though he is not listed. we scouted many WR's and RB's at all levels of the draft. due to the weakness at RB and the moderate strength at WR, i assume we will draft two RB's rather than two WR's.

#229-TE - Chris Blohm - very good blocker, and better reciever than Keith Zinger who we drafted around here.

#230-OC - Colin Baxter - i hope he slips to us here because of knee injury.

i think a good mock draft from this information would be...

#27-LDE - Allen Bailey - i base this on all the attention we have given him and the fact that he would fill possibly our biggest need. add in that he will assuredly be available and there you have it.

#59-WR - Torrey Smith - because he is the best WR available. [he said with fingers crossed]

#91-LB - Colin McCarthy - best LB available because we need a future starter to groom.

#124-RB - Bilal Powell - best RB in middle round.

#158-S - Chris Conte - he just strikes me as a dimitroff kind of guy.

#192-OG - Zach Hurd - he seems to fit here in the draft.

#209-RB - Johnny White - i seem to recall us showing interest in this guy at one time even though he is not listed. we scouted many WR's and RB's at all levels of the draft. due to the weakness at RB and the moderate strength at WR, i assume we will draft two RB's rather than two WR's.

#229-TE - Chris Blohm - very good blocker, and better reciever than Keith Zinger who we drafted around here.

#230-OC - Colin Baxter - i hope he slips to us here because of knee injury.

You really think Torrey Smith drops to the end of the 2nd round I see the fingers crossed bit I think he's gone by then and I'm willing to swap out the Bilal Powell for a shot at Taiwan Jones that is if he has'nt also moved up.

JasonLaCanfora

More Brooks Reed: worked out for NE and BAL last week. Will visit AZ, WASH and ATL next week.

Wow didnt have to go into so much detail...lol

yea i think he can play 4-3 DE

Oh..lol.. more details... I think he has good instincts (around the ball a lot), smart football IQ, GREAT leader (what TD loves) , and great tackler (big hits) .... Some are not high on him because he is not the fastest guy... I know TD love this type of player... His leadership is unquestionable.

Its a couple of LB's i like more... But ive always felt like Colin McCarthy was a good LB.