Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Polar Bear Jones

2011 players the Falcons have shown interest in

444 posts in this topic

It's hit or miss. If we draft Harris I'll be really happy. If we draft Hankerson I'd be ok with it but I don't like their other players.

Where do you think we will go now Snelling?

Where do you think we will go now Snelling?

I think DE has to be our first round pick (if we don't trade down). Although I may not agree with it I can see us trading up for Ryan Kerrigan since he fits the bill of what a Falcons player looks like. Justin Houston has gotten some looks but his inconsistent motor scares me and I can't see the Falcons taking him. Jabaal Sheard and Allen Bailey could also be possibilities. If we go with a WR I think Hankerson has to be the favorite in the 1st or Jernigan in the 2nd. I think our first 3 picks are DE, WR and RB. In what order and where on the draft board I do not know.

What He Said.... with one exception; I'd like see us get LB - Colin McCarthy

Yea i think TD is really really high on him... Loves his leadership

WR Tyler Beiler, Bridgewater

link

I was thinking he is like Marc Mariani but he is not as good in traffic but both are elusive and can get on top of coverage and are special teams threats.

Dont know much about Tyler Beiler but dude looks fast and elusive... Has good stats...

I think DE has to be our first round pick (if we don't trade down). Although I may not agree with it I can see us trading up for Ryan Kerrigan since he fits the bill of what a Falcons player looks like. Justin Houston has gotten some looks but his inconsistent motor scares me and I can't see the Falcons taking him. Jabaal Sheard and Allen Bailey could also be possibilities. If we go with a WR I think Hankerson has to be the favorite in the 1st or Jernigan in the 2nd. I think our first 3 picks are DE, WR and RB. In what order and where on the draft board I do not know.

well i kinda agree with u, either we move up and take RK, or if thats too much then we move down and get someone like houston if he is still there... houston motor does run hot, but it has been questioned, but so was corey peters comming out of college, but we see how that turned out... if we draft him i dnt think we will have to worry about his motor with guys like abe and beerman babs to show em how its done...

i like the baily pick as well, he seems like he hasnt even gotten close to his potential, def since he could never stay in just the DE position.. so thoes other guys WHO HAVE TOP 20-32 talent is there rightfully so, but cause they have more experience then he does....

i also agree we go DE,WR,RB in the first three rounds, but one thing is for sure, we all kno were not taking a RB with that 1st pick nor the second one.. i see IT like this, the most talent for the first three rounds..

1st:DE,OT,QB

2nd:WR,RB,DE

3rd:RB,CB,S

well i kinda agree with u, either we move up and take RK, or if thats too much then we move down and get someone like houston if he is still there... houston motor does run hot, but it has been questioned, but so was corey peters comming out of college, but we see how that turned out... if we draft him i dnt think we will have to worry about his motor with guys like abe and beerman babs to show em how its done...

i like the baily pick as well, he seems like he hasnt even gotten close to his potential, def since he could never stay in just the DE position.. so thoes other guys WHO HAVE TOP 20-32 talent is there rightfully so, but cause they have more experience then he does....

i also agree we go DE,WR,RB in the first three rounds, but one thing is for sure, we all kno were not taking a RB with that 1st pick nor the second one.. i see IT like this, the most talent for the first three rounds..

1st:DE,OT,QB

2nd:WR,RB,DE

3rd:RB,CB,S

What? Never once read or heard about this

What? Never once read or heard about this

mayock said it one or two times when he mentioned him about a sleper at DT.... he questioned his motor

To be honest realistically I think Ryan Kerrigan is the only guy we are looking at in the 1st round.If we don't make a move for him I think like many we need to trade down and reaccess.

To be honest realistically I think Ryan Kerrigan is the only guy we are looking at in the 1st round.If we don't make a move for him I think like many we need to trade down and reaccess.

The only guy? I highly doubt that.

Now, he's headed back to Indiana to conduct a private workout for the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday.

And Kerrigan has upcoming visits next month with the San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins and the New York Jets and the Atlanta Falcons.

USC tight end Jordan Cameron's trademark athleticism was on display today during the Trojans' Pro Day workout.

According to a league source who attended the workout, Jordan caught the football smoothly and excelled during positional drills.

The 6-foot-5, 250-pounder generated a lot of buzz with scouts and coaches as he stood on his NFL scouting combine numbers. He's entering the second-round conversation after initially being regarded as a fourth-round or fifth round draft target.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Strong-workout-for-USC-TE-Jordan-Cameron-today.html

I think he will end up going 3-4, but won't last until our 4th.

So if we want him bad enough we might have to take him 3rd.

Falcons, Broncos worked out Miami cornerback Brandon Harris today: Miami cornerback drawing high marks from scouts

Twitter

The other top prospect in attendance was defensive tackle Jurrell Casey, who like Smith, bypassed his senior season. Casey said he is receiving the most interest from the Chicago Bears and Atlanta Falcons, both of which run 4-3 defenses.

http://atl.scout.com/2/1060376.html

That's surprising. I know the Bears have a huge need at defensive tackle, but us? This could mean the staff is less sure of Jerry's recovery than they've been saying... or perhaps that they are simply planning for Babineaux's eventual departure down the road.

USC tight end Jordan Cameron's trademark athleticism was on display today during the Trojans' Pro Day workout.

According to a league source who attended the workout, Jordan caught the football smoothly and excelled during positional drills.

The 6-foot-5, 250-pounder generated a lot of buzz with scouts and coaches as he stood on his NFL scouting combine numbers. He's entering the second-round conversation after initially being regarded as a fourth-round or fifth round draft target.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Strong-workout-for-USC-TE-Jordan-Cameron-today.html

Hopefully JC goes earlier and pushes someone like Thomas, Green, or Housler to us later in the 4th/5th. :lol:

Hopefully JC goes earlier and pushes someone like Thomas, Green, or Housler to us later in the 4th/5th. :lol:

TD likes to take a some swings at small school talent. Their speed is needed since we plasy at least 10 games a year in a Dome on turf.

I don't know how may of us on the board watched any Fort Valley State or Abilene Christian games. I am intrigued by these small school guys though.

I would not be suprised if he takes 2 WRs this year. 1 big guy and 1 smaller speed guy. There is alot of good WR talent in the mid rounds this year. With this being a passing league, more now then ever before, those WRs will be flying off the board.

I really like Gurley and Tolliver as big WRs......mainly b/c I'm most familiar with SEC players.......having seen each play in at least 5 games last year. Gurley is a beast and was the most productive reciever in the SEC last year (over both Green and Jones).

I really like Gurley as well. He is is big, and his very long arms give him an outstanding catch radius. Plus, he seems like the kind of guy TD really likes, and he did very well at the combine as well.

Gurley should be a late rounder, and if we do a double dip on WR, I would like us to pick up Jerrigan in the 2nd, and then Gurley later on. Both should be able to create some serious matchup problems for a defense!

JasonLaCanfora

USC T Tyron Smith set to begin his visits Mon in Dallas, then on to MINN, CLE, DET, TB, WASH and ATL. Full story upcoming on NFL.com

DE Cameron Jordan

Jordan is expected to visit several teams including the Atlanta Falcons (4-3), Buffalo Bills (3-4), New Orleans Saints (4-3), New York Jets (3-4), Pittsburgh Steelers (3-4), San Diego Chargers (3-4) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-3), a source confirmed. Jordan already visited the Detroit Lions, who run a 4-3 scheme.

Maybe it's all a smokescreen to make people think we are planning to trade up, but... Aldon Smith, Tyron Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, Cameron Jordan... we are really taking some looks at players that won't be on the board at 27.

T.J Yates

Yates, who had scheduled private workouts for the Chicago Bears, Kansas City Chiefs and Atlanta Falcons, is coming off a strong throwing session during February’s NFL Scouting Combine.

I hope we workout Greg little also

Maybe it's all a smokescreen to make people think we are planning to trade up, but... Aldon Smith, Tyron Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, Cameron Jordan... we are really taking some looks at players that won't be on the board at 27.

Well, every team does that. It's not really unusual, but it's typically a good thing to know what your options are come draft day.

Well, every team does that. It's not really unusual, but it's typically a good thing to know what your options are come draft day.

Not to mention that somebody drops every year- need to know if you want Smith if he drops to 27, for example

The other top prospect in attendance was defensive tackle Jurrell Casey, who like Smith, bypassed his senior season. Casey said he is receiving the most interest from the Chicago Bears and Atlanta Falcons, both of which run 4-3 defenses.

http://atl.scout.com/2/1060376.html

Casey is really good when he is fresh. He commands double teams and can split them and leaving him 1v1 is just a bad idea. When he gets gassed he can be a nonfactor but a mid round insurance policy for Jerry and any other injuries isn't bad.