Official Farewell Finneran Thread: He Will be Missed

HolyMoses

Finn is/was the consummate professional.

Was never given a decent amount of playing time

and was never one to be-atch about it either.

Only a few players have earned a roster spot after

back to back season ending knee injuries.

Finn would make an excellent Broadcast Personality,

and I hope that one of the networks picks him up.

On the other hand if we do not sign him I would like to

see him with the Rams or the Pats.

If he signs with the #@!&* Eagles, I will buy a dog and shoot it !

just saying is all.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been watching Finn since he was a preseason rookie. He and Chandler seemed to have clicked right away. I remember that first game he had in Indy (I think he had 2 or 3 TD's) and thinking, man this is only preseason, but this guy is going to be pretty good for us.

Finn was never a household name across the NFL or it's fanbase, but a solid, consistent player who gave his all for this team. He was a model for every other player in this league to live by, fought back through numerous injuries and played through pain. That's good enough for me and he will be missed. Definition of a blue collar guy who played hard whether or not he was starting, a 3rd down WR or on ST.

Good Luck Brian in the next part of your career, although many on here for years referred to you as "Finnerman", we know who you are.

From (start)Skillet hands to (finish)Sure hands. thank you u been a TRUE FALCON...

here a play that Finneran is in back in around 2001 Reevis is coach Reeves..

Reavis and Butthead: 3rd & Short

Butthead: "Umm, it's like, uh, third and short and stuff. What should we do?"

Reavis: "Up the middle. Yea, yea. Up the middle. Hee hee hee. Put in up the middle."

Butthed. "We like, uh, lost a yard."

Reavis: "Up the middle. Put my ball up the middle... Middle, middle, middle. "Run it up the middle........cause we're due!". Yea."

Reavis and Butthead: On Promising Wide Receiver

butthead-uh huh huh, that finnerman dude seems to be doing pretty good. we should like, put him in the game some more....or something.

reavis-NO WAY ######WIPE! heh..heh heh, that guy sucks in practice.

butthead-uuuhhhh yeah but, he just like...scored a TD.....or something.....

reavis-oh yeah heh heh, put mathis in. maybe he will score a TD too heh he he he heh heh

butthead- you dillhole, that guy has'nt scored a TD in 5 games.

reavis-no way butthead. that guy rules. he RULES!heh...heh heh..heh. we're gonna score, we're GONNA SCORE! he heh heh heh.

butthead-reavis, you dumb-###### uh...huh huh.

Reavis and Butthead: Which quarterback to Play

Butthead: "uh huh huh huh, uh, let's like, play Michael Vick, since we're like, losing and stuff"

Reavis: "um, hmm hmm, I got an idea. Let's just alternate him every other play with Doug Johnson."

Butthead: "uh huh huh, you said Johnson, huh huh huh huh huh"

Reavis: "ummmm, oh yeah, I did. Johnson, hmm hmm hmm"

Butthead: "Uh, but like, why alternate him every other play?"

Reavis: " I AM CORNHOLIO!!! YOU WILL PLAY DOUG JOHNSON NOW!!!"

Butthead: "What's wrong with you, Reavis?"

Reavis: " DO NOT DEFY ME!!! ALTERNATE DOUG JOHNSON EVERY OTHER PLAY! AND GET ME SOME NACHOS!!!"

Michael Vick: "Yo, man, what happened to Coach Reavis?"

Butthead: "Uh, he like ate like, 27 candy bars, and then he like, drank a six pack of rootbeer. And then he keeps talking about his Johnson"

Reavis: "STAY OUT OF THIS, VICK. ######!! IT'S YOUR PLAY ANYWAY. Hmm hmm, hey Butthead, hmm hmm, I'm like, putting in Johnson, and then pulling him out, hmm hmm hmm.

Reavis and Butthead: "Huh hUh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh"...

Reavis and Butthead: Draft Day

Butthead:uh reavis. so like what will we draft with our 1st pick?

Reavis:ummm a tight end. hmm yeah yeah. tight...end....hmm...hmm hmm

Butthead:DAMMIT REAVIS! you always draft a tight end. what the **** is your inflatulation with a tight end...or whatever?

Reavis:You never have enough good tight ends!! hmm..hmm hmm hmm

Butthead:[sLAP]WAKE UP BUTT NUGGET, its time for you to make your 3rd rd pick!

Reavis:OWWWW!!! hmm hmm. oh yeah hmm. tight end. tight... end...hmm..hmm hmm.

Reavis and Butthead: Formations

Butthead: "Uh huh huh huh, you said 'Tight End'. Uh huh huh huh."

Reavis: "um, oh yeah, yeah, hmm hmm hmm. We can like, put Johnson behind the Tight End, hee hee hmm hmm hmm."

Butthead: " uh, we should like, huh huh huh, insert Johnson into the Tight End slot, uh huh huh huh huh huh"

Reavis: "hmm hmm hmm, yeah, hmm hmm hmm, insert, hmm hmm

Reavis and Butthead: "uh huh huh huh huh huh huh"

Reavis and Butthead: the press conference

Butthead:testes, testes, 1,2,3? uh huh huh huh.

Reavis:hmm yeah. testes 1,2..3? hmm hmm....hmm.

Butthead:uhhh the honorable coach reavis will now be umm talking about how we got the crap beat out of us yesterday....um and stuff.

Reavis:hmm yeah. we like got the crap beat out of us yesterday....um and stuff. that sucks. uh we like just need to have better execution and communication hmm...hmm hmm hmm. I AM THE GREAT CORNHOLIO! i need TP for my ######. are you threatening me?

Butthead:i got a question. how come you always take up for guys that like uh suck?

Reavis:shut up terd burgler. i dont take up for players when that suck.

Butthead:oh yeah? well how do you think the o-line played yesterday?

Reavis:umm they were pretty **** good, actually, hmm, yeah, hmm hmm.

It's funny how stuff like this works.

Out of most of the Falcon's players, Finn was one I didn't want to see go. He wasn't putting up huge numbers. He wasn't the fun/flashy receiver. He just got it done period

I'm about 40 miles from Denver and I always likened Finn to Ed McCaffrey. He never was a leading receiver, but when it was on the line and a play needed to be made and they called his number, he got it done. He wasn't afraid to mix it up with the people in the middle. He wasn't afraid to go on the sidelines. He got done what needed done.

He wasn't our "best" player any years he played for us, but he was definitely one of if not the most consistent player we had. If we needed a completion, we passed it to him. Makes you wonder why we didn't pass to him more often. I know he didn't catch every single ball, but when we needed him, he saved our butts.

I will miss looking forward to watching him in a Falcon's jersey on Sundays.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS FINN AND THE ABSOLUTE BEST OF LUCK WHERE EVER YOU GO AND WHATEVER YOU DO!

Brian will always be one of my favorite Falcons. We had field passes the first year he hurt his knee, and he talked at length with my son about all different subjects. He made a point to be warm and personable with us, and he won a lifelong fan with my son.

It's been quite some time since I dropped by. Hearing about this made me drop everything and post to this thread.

I remember that day very well Rev. Finn was so gracious and friendly. I remember thinking, "Damn this dude is tall!"

I get to relive that day every day at work. I printed out the pic I took of my son with Finn, and it sits atop my desk. Paul was devastated over Kerney leaving and was searching for a new favorite player. He found one that day. He will be as sad as the rest of us when I give him the news in the morning.

Brian, we wish you the very best because you ARE the very best.

Fin has. always been one of my fav falcons big tall guy with great hands I hoped they kept fin to coach up the younger WR on our team. Fin had to go for 2 reasons. To clear some money for the players I hope they bringing on and Fin was injury prone. We never got the full affect of what he could contribute to the team if the ball is thrown his way its a catch. If its a 3rd down he'll convert it but he was never on the field. I hope they get a better WR to replace Fin if not shame on the FO

I posted most of this in another thread, but my man love for Finneran requires that he have a thread of his own.

I'm really upset about this. I have been on record, over and over, saying the Brian Finneran will NOT be cut from the Atlanta Falcons. Yet here we are.

I have always believed that his value to the team was much greater than the sum of his parts. I truly hope he will not be missed by the team (but I suspect that he will.) I know he will be missed by myself and probably a LOT of other fans.

About four years ago, I took my then seven year old son to a training camp practice and we walked up to Finn. I was totally star struck. I introduced my son and said "This is Brian Finneran, he is the perfect example of a professional dedicated to his craft and team." At least that's what I wanted to express. I think I probably said something like "This is Brian Finneran, he is a true professional athlete . . . "

Anyway, he did everything that was asked and then some. Look at those HUGE kick off returns by Weims, you'll see Finneran making key blocks. Punt returner when we needed someone who would NOT make a mistake. Good hands team on kickoffs. Deep safety defending Hail Mary's. H back. Of course, solid 3rd down receiver (really should be FIRST down receiver, because he always converted.) And, as I've said elsewhere, he'd probably fix the darn team bus if he was asked.

I am genuinely surprised that they would announce this. Maybe they want him to have a chance to sign with someone else. Maybe they will bring him in as a coach.

Or maybe, about the third week of preseason, when Douglass has a high ankle sprain, and Jenkins re-injures his shoulder and Meir just isn't working out . . . the phone in the Finneran household will ring and we can all be sure of this:

He will answer the call.

finneran has been a reliable target even with Vick. Im so dissapointed in this move. Jenkins shouldve been the one to get cut

I posted most of this in another thread, but my man love for Finneran requires that he have a thread of his own.

I'm really upset about this. I have been on record, over and over, saying the Brian Finneran will NOT be cut from the Atlanta Falcons. Yet here we are.

I have always believed that his value to the team was much greater than the sum of his parts. I truly hope he will not be missed by the team (but I suspect that he will.) I know he will be missed by myself and probably a LOT of other fans.

About four years ago, I took my then seven year old son to a training camp practice and we walked up to Finn. I was totally star struck. I introduced my son and said "This is Brian Finneran, he is the perfect example of a professional dedicated to his craft and team." At least that's what I wanted to express. I think I probably said something like "This is Brian Finneran, he is a true professional athlete . . . "

Anyway, he did everything that was asked and then some. Look at those HUGE kick off returns by Weims, you'll see Finneran making key blocks. Punt returner when we needed someone who would NOT make a mistake. Good hands team on kickoffs. Deep safety defending Hail Mary's. H back. Of course, solid 3rd down receiver (really should be FIRST down receiver, because he always converted.) And, as I've said elsewhere, he'd probably fix the darn team bus if he was asked.

I am genuinely surprised that they would announce this. Maybe they want him to have a chance to sign with someone else. Maybe they will bring him in as a coach.

Or maybe, about the third week of preseason, when Douglass has a high ankle sprain, and Jenkins re-injures his shoulder and Meir just isn't working out . . . the phone in the Finneran household will ring and we can all be sure of this:

He will answer the call.

Well said, Finn brought a lot to the Falcons, the rookies and the Fans.. perhaps he will be back in some other capacity in the Atl... ;)

Best of luck Finn, in your new life after football.

You are a gentleman, a competitor, a great team mate, a terrific ambassador for the Falcons, and a credit to the National Football League.

If only your knees were as good as your hands and heart, you'd be a certain Hall of Famer.

Your presence will be missed in the locker room, on the field, and with the fans.

05F243A47E2B47D58B0677E5ABDDFA6E.jpg

I'm really upset about this. I have been on record, over and over, saying that Brian Finneran will NOT be cut from the Atlanta Falcons. Yet here we are.

He will answer the call.

Yeah, his blocking and attention to routes was very underestimated by quite a few. My favorite Finn moment was against the Ravens in 2003, I believe. Vick had to do some evasive action, and was spinning to his left when he rifled a lazer to Finn on the right sideline, completely across his body and the field. It was almost a TD, but, as Finn often did, he turned a 3rd and long into a first.

Both my brother and I turned to look at each other, and our mouths were open. Amazing play.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really upset about this. I have been on record, over and over, saying that Brian Finneran will NOT be cut from the Atlanta Falcons. Yet here we are.

He will answer the call.

Thank you fin ur heart was great and u were good on 3rd down espicelly :) gonna miss u bro

Guest Gritz

Later LOSER!! :P

Even a brain damaged, sewer-dwelling skanktoid like you can't put a dent in this thread.

Eat it loser......

and thanks for everything Finn!

My illustration of Finn (I have a signed one in my art studio.....)

finneranafmb.jpg

Even a brain damaged, sewer-dwelling skanktoid like you can't put a dent in this thread.

Eat it loser......

and thanks for everything Finn!

My illustration of Finn (I have a signed one in my art studio.....)

finneranafmb.jpg

And I have one signed in my office, thank you very much!