Anybody sell insurance?

Im currently in high school and would like to get into selling insurance. I was wondering which major i should choose from, Business Management or Marketing Management. i plan on either going to a Juco my first year then transferring to University of South Dakota to save up on a couple grand, or just go straight to USD. Im wondering because i need to know which classes i would take, so i can talk to USD if those courses will transfer. Thanks

It doesn't matter what you major in. Sales experience is what matters in these cases. Try to get a part-time bank teller job while you're in college then try to get promoted to a personal banker once you graduate. Do that for a couple years and show that you can sell and you can get a nice insurance job.

Some insurance companies will hire people straight outta college with no experience, but those companies will pay you zero salary, commission only, and you have to generate all of your leads and sales. They will have you start with hitting up your friends and family and get referrals from them, and go from there. If that's something you don't mind doing, you'll make squat your first few years but it is possible to build up a nice client base and you can end up making good loot if you stick with it. I don't recommend this route though. There's a reason you'll see about 10 people in your "group interview" and everyone who decides they want to work there will get the job. 9 of the 10 will be gone within two months.

If you're sure insurance sales is what you want to do, I'd go the bank route first and get the financial sales experience that the good firms look for. You'll hafta put in some time for a couple years before you're doing what you want to do, but at least you're getting paid and getting easy experience.

The most useless business degree is simple Management. Anyone can be a manager in Finance, Marketing, Accounting, etc.

I'd go with Marketing. It's a fun major and focuses on sales more than anything, especially if the college you choose has a emphasis on the sales in the degree. I graduated with a degree in Marketing with emphasis on Sales and Sales Management

The most useless business degree is simple Management. Anyone can be a manager in Finance, Marketing, Accounting, etc.

I'd go with Marketing. It's a fun major and focuses on sales more than anything, especially if the college you choose has a emphasis on the sales in the degree. I graduated with a degree in Marketing with emphasis on Sales and Sales Management

Funny. Those of us with Accounting degrees say the same thing about Marketing.