Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

##### IMD Discussion #####

701 posts in this topic

The trade committee is set, the 3 members are:

Snelling44

Smiler11

m2Falcons

I've given them some instructions on what I expect. Please show them the same respect you guys have always given me. All trades (and I already have several on PM that I have not answered) need to be PM'd to each member of the trade committee by each team involved in the trade. If the trade is not sent to them via PM (posted in the thread or PM'd to only 1 member of the committee), they have been instructed to ignore it.

The TC will respond with either approved or denied to every trade. If it's denied, then you can ask for reasoning (if it's not given initially) and for advice on what can be done to help make the trade acceptable. Please don't just start arguing if a trade is declined. I've told the TC some general guidelines and if it falls outside of that, then they will decline the trade.

The TC will soon start a trade thread. Again, don't post trades for consideration in that thread. It should be for approved trades only. If you disagree with a trade or want to comment on a trade, do it in the IMD Discussion thread that is pinned.

Remember, this is a game. Trades will be accepted that are never going to be accepted in real life. There also have to be limits on how far we can let that go or eventually we'll end up with Carolina trading the #1 pick for 15 players & Green Bay's last 7th round pick.

Is there a specific website we should refer to for our draft picks??? Didn't know if we set a specific one.

I've been looking for a full 7 round draft listing (without a mock in it preferably). If anyone sees one or knows where one is, I would appreciate it if you would let me know. Otherwise, we use the order of the 1st round in all 7 rounds, substituting the known trades that happened prior to this mock starting.

Everybody, please go check your bids and verify that they are all on the website. I have updated all correct bids up to this point, but I may have missed one or two, or even an entire post accidentally, so double check me.

Also, now would be a good time to check your RFAs. Make sure that they do not have bids on them if you intended to keep them, or make sure that GMs didn't put tenders on them after a contract offer was made. Come Thursday midnight, every player on the RFA page will be awarded to either the current team or the bidding team. If you have an RFA on the list, make sure you go into the FA page for that position & see if there is a bid there for the player also. Trying to catch them as they come up, but not the primary thing I'm looking for.

Might want to start looking at players who you are offering that other teams have offered also. Plan for the bid off. You would hate to get caught without enough money to increase your bids on players you really want.

I've been looking for a full 7 round draft listing (without a mock in it preferably). If anyone sees one or knows where one is, I would appreciate it if you would let me know. Otherwise, we use the order of the 1st round in all 7 rounds, substituting the known trades that happened prior to this mock starting.

For my personal sake, I have used Walter Football. Here is the link to their order:

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2011.php

For my personal sake, I have used Walter Football. Here is the link to their order:

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2011.php

Looks good, I see 1 error off the bat & that's in the 6th round. Atlanta has Detroit's 6th round pick right now. Only way that changes is if somehow Detroit can swing a deal to get a 7th round pick. They owe us a 7th rounder for the Chris Houston deal last year & their 1st 7th rounder went to San Francisco (ours was conditional, SF's was not) and then Detroit lost their other 7th round pick for tampering. That means we get Detroit's 6th rounder unless they can get us a 7th rounder.

I don't see any of my bids on the website at all.

They are there. Look at the pages under Free Agency, the ones labeled by position (Free Agent list 1 - Free Agent List 7). Don't look at the "updated FA list".

Since Sac hasn't bothered to post at all despite being a moderator and being on here everyday, is it ok if I take over for the Lions?

Since Sac hasn't bothered to post at all despite being a moderator and being on here everyday, is it ok if I take over for the Lions?

...... and who has Miami and SanDiego????

Robb I've made offers on:

Titans=

Jason Babin (DE)

Jacob Ford (DE)

Ahmard Hall (FB)

Mike Otto (OT)

Alex Smith (QB)

Jets=

James Ihedigbo (SS)

Lance Laury (LB)

Eric Smith (SA)

Steve Weatherford (P)

Robert Turner (OG)

No, Sac doesn't usually participate in the FA part, like several GMs, but he will be here for the draft. I'm sure he'll answer any trade requests anybody might want to send the Lions.

DraftSharks.com just posted their first mock draft of the year. Here's what they have for the Falcons...

27. Atlanta Falcons – Titus Young, WR, Boise St.

Perhaps more than any other team in the league, the Falcons draft for need. That makes them relatively – and relatively is the key word – easy to predict when it comes to their draft choices. The Birds enter this offseason with a glaring hole at WR. Michael Jenkins is a below-average #2 WR and just doesn’t offer much play-making ability. Adding a burner like Titus Young would give this offense a completely different look. Young has seen his stock soar after dropping jaws at Senior Bowl practices. In the mold of DeSean Jackson, Young (5’11, 174 pounds) is undersized but can absolutely fly. If he runs a sub 4.4 forty-yard dash at the Combine, he’ll solidify himself as a 1st-rounder.

DraftSharks.com just posted their first mock draft of the year. Here's what they have for the Falcons...

27. Atlanta Falcons Titus Young, WR, Boise St.

Perhaps more than any other team in the league, the Falcons draft for need. That makes them relatively and relatively is the key word easy to predict when it comes to their draft choices. The Birds enter this offseason with a glaring hole at WR. Michael Jenkins is a below-average #2 WR and just doesnt offer much play-making ability. Adding a burner like Titus Young would give this offense a completely different look. Young has seen his stock soar after dropping jaws at Senior Bowl practices. In the mold of DeSean Jackson, Young (511, 174 pounds) is undersized but can absolutely fly. If he runs a sub 4.4 forty-yard dash at the Combine, **** solidify himself as a 1st-rounder.

Falcons aren't gonna' draft Titus Young. bank it. and this doesn't belong in THIS thread either.

...... and who has Miami and SanDiego????

If anybody wants another team, these are the 2 we need owners for. Both of their GMs told me they had to back out.

Alright. So what happens to RFA's that don't get tenders?

They go back to their team at no penalty against your cap space. Same with unsigned free agents at the end of the FA period.

Everyone check out this site.

Ourlads

This is a draft order that looks pretty good to me, let me know what you guys think about it and if you see any errors. Dan Shonka is pretty **** good so my guess is that he's probably right.

That site looks good to me Robb, only dispute I see involves the Eagles 6th round picks but that seems to be in question at every site. I can live with that though.

It says within the rules that signing bonuses cannot equal an amount more than three times the base year salary.

So is that statement referring to the OVERALL bonus total? Or the per year bonus amount?

For example, I'm thinking of offering a $20M TOTAL bonus over 5 years, meaning $4M in bonus money per year. In regards to the TOTAL salary, I'm thinking of offering $20M over 5 years, meaning $4M in salary per year.

So, the per year salary and bonus would be $4M each, putting the base year cap hit at $8M (and every year for that matter considering I'd be offering a flat-rate contract).

Is that an OK offer?

Pretty sure it's overall bonus.

$20 million bonus with $10 million in first year is fine. $20 million bonus with $5 million in 1st year isn't.

It says within the rules that signing bonuses cannot equal an amount more than three times the base year salary.

So is that statement referring to the OVERALL bonus total? Or the per year bonus amount?

For example, I'm thinking of offering a $20M TOTAL bonus over 5 years, meaning $4M in bonus money per year. In regards to the TOTAL salary, I'm thinking of offering $20M over 5 years, meaning $4M in salary per year.

So, the per year salary and bonus would be $4M each, putting the base year cap hit at $8M (and every year for that matter considering I'd be offering a flat-rate contract).

Is that an OK offer?

I've been lenient on the bonuses. I said 3 times the base, but I think I meant to put 4 times the base. So I've been accepting bids up to 4 times the base salary. I've turned one down only contract & it had a bonus 5 times the base salary.

What it all means is, for example, if the Year 1 Base Salary is $1,000,000 then the max signing bonus I will accept is $4,000,000.

If the Base Salary in year 1 is $7,000,000, then you can go up to $28,000,000 in signing bonus. But remember, the number has to be divisible into a figure that ends with 250,000; 500,000; 750,000; or 000,000. So in this example, if it were a 6 year deal, you could not max out at a $28,000,000 bonus. That bonus divided by 6 years is $4,666,666.66 per year. The max bonus you could give in that case is $27,000,000 (27,000,000/6 = 4,500,000).

...... and who has Miami????

We still need GMs for this team. Who wants a 2nd team while you've still got time to do a little FA with them.