Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

##### IMD Discussion #####

701 posts in this topic

Kennesaw,

Robb said he was busy today. I think we are all wondering that but I think it would help if we could work on getting everyone involved first. I am about to start sending out the PM's to all team GM's.

Hey, Robb, I think I'm going to have to drop out of this. When I joined I was unemployed. Got a job last week that has me working from 6 PM to 6 AM six days a week. Don't think I can commit to this now.

BTW, I have found that Rotoworld and WalterFootball have the most extensive list. Like you said though Robb neither has a very easy layout for you to copy though. KFFL worked well last year but they seem to not have updated a lot of things since then. PFF is great except for the lack of RFA designation.

Kennesaw,

Robb said he was busy today. I think we are all wondering that but I think it would help if we could work on getting everyone involved first. I am about to start sending out the PM's to all team GM's.

definitely. I agree I wasn't trying to be difficult/ bit*hy. Sorry if it seemed that way.

definitely. I agree I wasn't trying to be difficult/ bit*hy. Sorry if it seemed that way.

No, no. not at all man. Just letting you know incase you missed his post from earlier.

In the past trades were announced in a specified IMD Trade Thread where everyone could see them once they were approved by the trade committee. And draft day trades were done last year if you could get them done in time for the pick in the trade. Think Robb is still trying to figure out the Free Agent situation first.

Hey, Robb, I think I'm going to have to drop out of this. When I joined I was unemployed. Got a job last week that has me working from 6 PM to 6 AM six days a week. Don't think I can commit to this now.

No worries, that's a great reason to have to drop out. Congrats on the new job.

Anybody want a team??? 1st taker gets it.

when will we announce trades and will we do draft day type of trades?

I'll get the trade committee going in a day or two. Just hold off until then. You can trade both players and draft picks (picks from this year only).

Thanks to Rai for the list.

This is from Rotoworld, and it's a list of all RFAs from their understanding of what makes a player an RFA. Do we want to go with this list or just go without RFAs this year?

Arizona Cardinals

RB Nehemiah Broughton

RB Tim Hightower

RB Reagan Maui'a

WR Early Doucet

DE Kenny Iwebema

OT Brandon Keith

CB Trumaine McBride

Atlanta Falcons

WR Eric Weems

CB Brent Grimes

Baltimore Ravens

OT Oniel Cousins

DL Lamar Divens

LB Tavares Gooden

S Haruki Nakamura

RB Jalen Parmele

WR Marcus Smith

S Tom Zbikowski

Buffalo Bills

QB Brian Brohm

TE Jonathan Stupar

Carolina Panthers

DT Nick Hayden

DT Ed Johnson

LB Jordan Senn

Chicago Bears

QB Caleb Hanie

Cincinnati Bengals

OC Kyle Cook

TE Clark Harris

QB Jordan Palmer

OT Dennis Roland

Cleveland Browns

LB Titus Brown

Dallas Cowboys (None)

Denver Broncos

PK Matt Prater

LB Wesley Woodyard

Detroit Lions

DE Cliff Avril

RB Jerome Felton

DT Andre Fluellen

RB Jake Nordin

PK Dave Rayner

RB Kevin Smith

Green Bay Packers

CB Josh Bell

LB Spencer Havner

WR Brett Swain

Houston Texans (None)

Indianapolis Colts

DT Eric Foster

RB Mike Hart

CB Mike Richardson

TE Gijon Robinson

TE Tom Santi

S Jamie Silva

Jacksonville Jaguars

CB Tyron Brackenridge

DT Leger Douzable

WR Nate Hughes

LB Bryan Smith

Kansas City Chiefs

RB Jackie Battle

DB Brandon Carr

RB Tim Castille

RB Mike Cox

DE Wallace Gilberry

CB Maurice Leggett

OT Barry Richardson

Miami Dolphins

RB Patrick Cobbs

OG Nate Garner

TE Joey Haynos

RB Lex Hilliard

Minnesota Vikings

S Husain Abdullah

LB Erin Henderson

WR Jaymar Johnson

New England Patriots

S Josh Barrett

RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis

New Orleans Saints

LB JoLonn Dunbar

RB Lynell Hamilton

PK Garrett Hartley

OG Carl Nicks

New York Giants

CB Courtney Brown

WR Darius Reynaud

New York Jets

OT Robert Turner

Oakland Raiders

LB Bruce Davis

RB Marcel Reece

Philadelphia Eagles

RB Eldra Buckley

Pittsburgh Steelers

QB Dennis Dixon

S Tuff Harris

OT Tony Hills

P Jeremy Kapinos

S Ryan Mundy

San Diego Chargers

LB Antwan Applewhite

OT Brandyn Dombrowski

RB Billy Latsko

RB Mike Tolbert

San Francisco 49ers

OG Chris Patrick

Seattle Seahawks

CB Kennard Cox

OT Tyler Polumbus

St Louis Rams

DE C.J. Ah You

WR Danny Amendola

CB Quincy Butler

LB Chris Chamberlain

OT Renardo Foster

LB Larry Grant

OL John Greco

LB Curtis Johnson

CB Justin King

LB David Vobora

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

PK Connor Barth

DT Michael Bennett

S Corey Lynch

CB Elbert Mack

DT Frank Okam

WR Micheal Spurlock

Tennessee Titans

LB Patrick Bailey

DE Jacob Ford

P Brett Kern

OT Mike Otto

LB Tim Shaw

Washington Redskins (None)

Just wondering, but about how much should I leave available for draft pick contracts (I'm the Jacksonville Jaguars; 25 million tier)?

you won't need any to sign draft picks. That 25 million is only for the FA phase.

I vote to use this list of RFA. Rotoworld seems to have it together. I would even vote to use Rotoworld for our UFA list as well. They look to be up to date on extensions. I could help put together a list if someone would split some teams with me if other people wanted to use rotoworld.

I vote to use this list of RFA. Rotoworld seems to have it together. I would even vote to use Rotoworld for our UFA list as well. They look to be up to date on extensions. I could help put together a list if someone would split some teams with me if other people wanted to use rotoworld.

The UFA list looks pretty solid and accurate to me. There's just some RFAs on there but apart from that, I think it's ok.

The UFA list looks pretty solid and accurate to me. There's just some RFAs on there but apart from that, I think it's ok.

Yeah I just went over and compared and I think it is pretty accurate too. Mainly checking out my 2 teams I only noticed what I think was 1 or 2 mistakes. If possible maybe editing our list with Roto's list but if it is too much work I am fine with what we currently have. Thanks for making that list Rai.

Ok, yes on RFA's. We'll use the list above. You can also find the list here with updated info (as I get to it today). RFA List w/ updates

RFA will run through Thursday Feb 24th. All bids, including tenders on any RFA players must be submitted by Thursday midnight EST. Tenders can be placed anytime between now & Thursday midnigh. Yes, tenders can be placed after another GM places a bid on the player. It's VERY important to know that if you place a bid on someone's RFA that you MAY lose draft pick(s). So, after bidding on an RFA that does not have a tender, make sure that on Thursday night you double check to make sure the tender was not placed. After Thursday midnight, you will be unable to remove the offer & the original GM may get a draft pick from you if they decide not to match offers. Owning teams cannot withdraw tenders once they are made until Friday Feb. 25th.

GMs will have until Saturday Feb 26th at midnight to decide if they want to match the bid that was made on their RFA or not match it. If there is no answer then the bid will be considered MATCHED. It's on the original GM in these 2 days to make a decision one way or the other.

Once a tender is placed, that amount is removed from the owning team's cap space. When a contract offer from a new team is made, the Year 1 cap hit amount is removed from that team's cap space. If the GM matches, then that matched amount is subtracted from their cap space instead of the tender. Once the Saturday deadline is reached & the player is awarded to one of the two teams, the team that didn't win the bid has their cap space returned.

Thanks Robb. Really liking the website to use as reference.

Thanks, I did one from scratch as part of a class I was taking 2 years ago but I didn't put it out there, except to a couple of people to let them look at it.

I like how I can update it and keep it all together there. Got some work to do on it today, but it should be good to go by tonight.

Also, just to clarify...

What determines highest bid? The base year cap hit or the overall dollar amount of the entire contract? I would assume the base year cap hit, but clarification doesn't hurt.

For all of the contract offers, please do them in a format similar to this:

Charles Johnson - DE

6 year deal with 6,000,000 signing bonus

Year 1 - 6,000,000

Year 2 - 7,000,000

Year 3 - 8,250,000

Year 4 - 9,250,000

Year 5 - 10,500,000

Year 6 - 12,000,000

Cap Hit: 7,000,000

Total Salary: 59,000,000

I need to see the full deal because contracts can be either front loaded or back loaded & it will make a difference. Here are two examples for everyone to see.

Mike Vrabel (older player, maybe only 1 or 2 years left to play)

4 year deal with 1,000,000 signing bonus

Year 1 - 1,000,000

Year 2 - 2,000,000

Year 3 - 3,000,000

Year 4 - 4,000,000

Cap Hit: 1,250,000

Total Salary: 11,000,000

or

2 year deal with a 2,500,000 signing bonus

Year 1 - 750,000

Year 2 - 1,000,000

Cap Hit: 2,000,000

Total Salary: 4,250,000

Vrabel would PROBABLY be more likely to take the 2nd one, even though the total salary is less. He's planning to play 1 or 2 more years & he gets more in that timeframe with offer #2. Of course, if offer #1 was from New England & #2 from Buffalo, he's PROBABLY going to New England. But either way, I do need to see the full deal as you want to lay it out.

Cap Hit: 2,250,000

Total Salary: 11,000,000

Bids are all updated on the master list Master FA List. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE verify that your contract offers are on this list. If they are not, verify that your bids are correctly done. If you think they are, then post ONLY the bids that I don't have on the list.

FROM THIS POINT ON:

Please do not repost your entire list of bids. Only post the bids that you are changing or that I have missed. It takes time to go though a list of 10 bids, compare it to my spread sheet, and then find you've only updated 1 contract offer.

Also, just to clarify...

What determines highest bid? The base year cap hit or the overall dollar amount of the entire contract? I would assume the base year cap hit, but clarification doesn't hurt.

There are multiple factors. Contract is obviously important. I'm not sure there are any NFL players that would turn down a 10 million dollar deal to play in a city they wanted to play in for $250,000. So obviously money is important.

Also, NFL contracts are not guaranteed (the only thing guaranteed is the initial signing bonus), so early money can be important. If it's a young player, then money in years 4,5,& 6 have some level of importance, but for an older player who likely wouldn't be around for the end of a longer deal, then early money has a lot more weight.

Middle age players like to find a medium level contract so that they can get 1 more big payday before the end of their career. So a guy who's been in the league say 6 years might want a deal that's 3 or 4 years as opposed to being locked up for 6 and missing an opportunity for 1 more big signing bonus. That will vary by position of course. RB's need that last big deal around age 27 or 28. WR's can get it at 31/32 sometimes.

Then there are other factors. Playing close to home, playing for a team they've been playing for, chance to win a ring (especially for older players without one), playing time (especially for younger players who have been locked behind a vet on the depth chart).

Those are most of the factors I'm going to consider, there may be others as well. I'll take each FA on a case-by-case basis.

There is also a tie-breaker procedure that I outlined in the rules for decisions that I believe are really close and I wouldn't be able to make a fair decision on.

Anybody using Internet Explorer? Can you tell me if the spreadsheets look normal to you on my website? I've got an old IE version 6 on my work laptop & I don't see all of the cell borders & it doesn't look right. My main computer is being upgraded right now & I can't use it to check.