Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

##### IMD Discussion #####

701 posts in this topic

A few changes regarding Rams' roster:

Steven Jackson signed a 6 year contract in '08, so there's no chance he is an UFA as listed on the page this season.

I'll just use rotoworlds list for the Rams roster. KFFL is so inaccurate, it's not even funny. I just can't imagine any reason why we use their list.

A few changes regarding Rams' roster:

Steven Jackson signed a 6 year contract in '08, so there's no chance he is an UFA as listed on the page this season.

I'll just use rotoworlds list for the Rams roster. KFFL is so inaccurate, it's not even funny. I just can't imagine any reason why we use their list.

Can somebody link me the rotoworld site where all of the FA's are listed on 1 page (or at least by position)? I'll check it out.

Basically, KFFL had the easiest database to import into excel spreadsheets. I wasn't about to try and type in line by line 370+ free agents. I've got to have someway of keeping track of these guys & the bids on them or we'll be waiting of FA to finish sometime around week 4 of the next season.

Can somebody link me the rotoworld site where all of the FA's are listed on 1 page (or at least by position)? I'll check it out.

Basically, KFFL had the easiest database to import into excel spreadsheets. I wasn't about to try and type in line by line 370+ free agents. I've got to have someway of keeping track of these guys & the bids on them or we'll be waiting of FA to finish sometime around week 4 of the next season.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/02/17/2011-free-agent-tracker/

That has a spread sheet but unfortunately, it doesn't say whether a player is a UFA or RFA.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/02/17/2011-free-agent-tracker/

That has a spread sheet but unfortunately, it doesn't say whether a player is a UFA or RFA.

Ok, this list has about 200 more FAs than the one I used.

Let's call a quick timeout and discuss it today only.

Do you guys want to go with what I already have posted or do you want me to update the FA list with this one from pro football focus? Or does anybody have one they consider better?

Need to come to a consensus on this quickly so we don't delay things too much. I'd prefer it be done by the end of the day.

If you want to keep bidding on the list I've got posted right now, go ahead & do it, but it might change slightly depending on what happens today.

I vote for the ProFootballFocus one. If you want, I don't mind getting a list of all the RFAs for you.

I vote for the ProFootballFocus one. If you want, I don't mind getting a list of all the RFAs for you.

I'd appreciate it. Attempting to update my current spreadsheets with bids now.

OL/DL spreadsheet is updated. Please let me know if you guys can see the updates to it on the website. Will be back in an hour or less to work on the others.

Please check all my posts in the FA thread. There are a lot of contract offers in there that are not valid. Partly my on a lot of them. All bonuses must be divisible and end with either 250,000; 500,000; 750,000; or 000,000.

Bonuses ending in 100,000 or 200,000 for example are not what I was expecting, although it's not completely expressed that way in the rules, which is my fault.

Also, several bids on players I don't have on the spreadsheet. Not saying they are not FAs, because they probably are. Read above about using a different site than KFFL & let me know.

OL/DL spreadsheet is updated. Please let me know if you guys can see the updates to it on the website. Will be back in an hour or less to work on the others.

Please check all my posts in the FA thread. There are a lot of contract offers in there that are not valid. Partly my on a lot of them. All bonuses must be divisible and end with either 250,000; 500,000; 750,000; or 000,000.

Bonuses ending in 100,000 or 200,000 for example are not what I was expecting, although it's not completely expressed that way in the rules, which is my fault.

Also, several bids on players I don't have on the spreadsheet. Not saying they are not FAs, because they probably are. Read above about using a different site than KFFL & let me know.

I just checked it and can see it updated fine.

All Free Agents updated at this point.

If you make changes to a contract offer, please post again it in the FA thread (don't edit the old post, make a new post).

If you don't see your offer on my website, double check to make sure of the following things:

1. The bonus is correct (divisible by the number of years & ends with 250,000; 500,000; 750,000; 000,000)

2. The contract base salaries also need to end with 250,000; 500,000; 750,000; 000,000.

If you think your offer was correct but it's not on my website, repost it & also let me know it was missing the 1st time through.

Remember, you don't have to give bonuses. A $200,000 contract with a $20,000 bonus isn't right. Just make it a $250,000 contract with no bonus.

Marshal Yanda is a UFA lineman that's been bid for by a few teams that isn't on the site yet. Brandon Johnson of Cincinnati, Michael Huff of Oakland and Barry Cofield of NYG are also 3 UFAs that I've bid for that aren't up yet.

I think people should post in this thread if there's any notable players that aren't up that have been bid for, especially if by multiple teams.

guys missing from the list that I've bid on:

RFA's

Titans: OT Mike Otto

Titans: OLB Colin Allred

UFA's:

Ahmard Hall (FB) Tennessee

Jason Babin (DE) Tennessee

David Ball (DE) Tennessee

I offered Leroy Harris (OG) but my offer is not on the website.

Stephen Tulloch (MLB) Tennessee

I offered Alex Smith (QB) but my offer is not on the website.

I offered Evan Mathis (OG) but my offer is not on the website.

Jets:

RFA: OG Robert Turner

I offered Santonio Holmes (WR) but my offer is not listed.

I offered David Harris (LB) but my offer is not listed.

Steve Weatherford (P) is not listed on the website.

Eric Smith (S) is not listed on the website.

James Ihedigbo (S) is not listed on the website.

Lance Laury (LB) is not listed on the website.

Kyle Cook (OG) is not listed on the website.

Robb did you see my post on the previous page? I totally understand if you haven't had time to put the offers yet I just want to make sure the offers are all ok. Thanks you're doing one heck of an amazing job.

Robb did you see my post on the previous page? I totally understand if you haven't had time to put the offers yet I just want to make sure the offers are all ok. Thanks you're doing one heck of an amazing job.

There were some issues with your bids. Read the Free Agency thread and look specifically at post #32. That's the one where I replied to one of your list of contract offers.

Tomorrow I will change the website and update it with the new FA lists. I'll continue to update both the current and new FA lists with offers until it's ready to bring the new pages online.

I noticed someone had bid on Carl Nicks. Free Agent Guard from the Saints. From what I have seen online he is a Restricted Free Agent. Just trying to clear up whether or not I needed to tender him. Thanks guys.

Update: PFF doesn't say which they are and KFFL lists him as a UFA but everything else I have seen lists him as a RFA.

I noticed someone had bid on Carl Nicks. Free Agent Guard from the Saints. From what I have seen online he is a Restricted Free Agent. Just trying to clear up whether or not I needed to tender him. Thanks guys.

Update: PFF doesn't say which they are and KFFL lists him as a UFA but everything else I have seen lists him as a RFA.

That's the biggest issue I'm seeing. You could go to 5 sites & all 5 would have different UFA/RFAs. There isn't a standardized list. I'm thinking just to nix the RFAs for this year.

Will somebody do me a favor. I'm going to be out with people flying in for business this afternoon, so I'm not going to have much time, and this evening I need to catch up the day's contract offers & rework the website a little.

So, could someone please PM all of the team GM's and let them know FA has started & give them the link to the FA thread & my website?

Please, if you do this, post that you are going to do it in here first. I don't want people getting 10 PM's saying the same thing. If a couple of you want to divide it up, just post in here that you'll do team's 1 - 10 or how ever many you want to do.

Really appreciate it & maybe it will get more people involved.