Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyHighFalcons

What about Ike Taylor?

13 posts in this topic

We obviously need to address the defensive backfield, and I feel that one of our big problems has continuously been size. Why not Ike Taylor? At 6-2, he is one of the tallents CBs you'll find. So why not go get him if he is willing to leave Pitt? He is definitely an upgrade, and he will probably come at a lot cheaper price than the likes of Bailey or Asomugha. Another plus: he brings some more playoff and superbowl experience to the club.

iketaylor.jpg

We obviously need to address the defensive backfield, and I feel that one of our big problems has continuously been size. Why not Ike Taylor? At 6-2, he is one of the tallents CBs you'll find. So why not go get him if he is willing to leave Pitt? He is definitely an upgrade, and he will probably come at a lot cheaper price than the likes of Bailey or Asomugha. Another plus: he brings some more playoff and superbowl experience to the club.

iketaylor.jpg

Ike Taylor is strictly a zone coverage corner. He would be amazing if we had a tampa 2 defense. But we play man coverage and don't press. I like him, but he would probably struggle with our d. And not only that, I'd rather go after other positions in free agency over corners.

Ike Taylor is strictly a zone coverage corner. He would be amazing if we had a tampa 2 defense. But we play man coverage and don't press. I like him, but he would probably struggle with our d. And not only that, I'd rather go after other positions in free agency over corners.

The only other position in Free Agency that I think we should go after in DE, maybe OLB.

Wide Receiver?

Tight End?

Running Back?

There are a lot pretty good free agents out there this year.

Not that can be had or will be TD targets.

Sidney Rice is getting tagged, Vincent Jackson will not pass the Falcon filter, neither will Holmes, Edwards, TO, or Moss. The rest of the WR free agents will come at a cheap price and aren't any better than what we can get in the draft.

Lewis isn't leaving Jax (whether he gets franchised or not) and TD won't make a move for a top TE that won't get any playing time this year anyways. So if we do get a TE in Free agency, it'll be a VERY cheap one, but we're more likely to hit the draft for one.

Our running back situation is being overblown on these boards because reports have already stated that we are going to stand pat at running back, and we're fine with Turner and Snelling. We need a change of pace back, but those can be found in the middle rounds easily. Sproles and Deangelo Williams fit the bill but we won't spend that much money on a RB in FA when our defense is the only thing truly holding us back.

I think we focus on the D in FA and go after Offense in the draft.

You_Cant_See_Me_284 likes this

Average corner playing with a great front 7 in Pittsburgh. Would not be an upgrade over either of our starters IMO.

Would he be a good NB? Facing NOs twice, Philly, and GB next year means we need 3 starting caliber CBs.

Would he be a good NB? Facing NOs twice, Philly, and GB next year means we need 3 starting caliber CBs.

He'd be a good NB option, but (assuming a CBA gets done) I doubt he'll wanna be a NB or take NB $ as compared to staying in Pittsburgh.

He'd be a good NB option, but (assuming a CBA gets done) I doubt he'll wanna be a NB or take NB $ as compared to staying in Pittsburgh.

We may be forced to overpay. It's pretty obvious with GB floating around that we'll need 3 quality CBs to adavnce in the playoffs. If Owens can't cut it we're gonna have to find a CB somewhere.

FlyHighFalcons likes this

We may be forced to overpay. It's pretty obvious with GB floating around that we'll need 3 quality CBs to adavnce in the playoffs. If Owens can't cut it we're gonna have to find a CB somewhere.

Agreed. Taylor may not be the guy we get, but we need to get somebody else in there.

This.

/thread.