Well. I just renewed my season tickets

It's not like I struggled with the decision - I knew I was going to renew. But it wasn't the big joyful purchase it normally is. I work hard for my money, and my business is completely driven by the economy. I don't have tons of disposable income. What I did have just went to the Falcons.

So I'm trying to figure out why I had so much angst making the purchase. I guess I am still very resentful of how this season ended. In the 2 years we have made the playoffs, we have been 1-and-done, and neither game was played well by the Falcons.

The Falcons need to step it up this year. Oee more playoff miss and the Falcons are going to start looking like the Braves - massive underachievers.

And the impending lockout does not make me feel warm and fuzzy about sending $1600+ to the NFL.

Sorry folks, but I am not a happy fan. I'm upset with both the Falcons and the NFL. I can easily see how people would not want to renew not only here in Atlanta, but across the league. Not a great time to be a fan of the NFL.

Just my thoughts.....

It's not like I struggled with the decision - I knew I was going to renew. But it wasn't the big joyful purchase it normally is. I work hard for my money, and my business is completely driven by the economy. I don't have tons of disposable income. What I did have just went to the Falcons.

So I'm trying to figure out why I had so much angst making the purchase. I guess I am still very resentful of how this season ended. In the 2 years we have made the playoffs, we have been 1-and-done, and neither game was played well by the Falcons.

The Falcons need to step it up this year. Oee more playoff miss and the Falcons are going to start looking like the Braves - massive underachievers.

And the impending lockout does not make me feel warm and fuzzy about sending $1600+ to the NFL.

Sorry folks, but I am not a happy fan. I'm upset with both the Falcons and the NFL. I can easily see how people would not want to renew not only here in Atlanta, but across the league. Not a great time to be a fan of the NFL.

Just my thoughts.....

After they figure out how split their 8 billion in revenue and its time for kick off again you just have to ask yourself is there any other place you would rather be than in the dome. Its never easy putting down that kind of cash but I envy you if I was living in the ATL I would do it in a heartbeat.

Say what you want about the Braves, but they won a world championship and had a decade and a half run of division titles. Not the best comparison if you are trying to complain about a team's performance.

14 division titles, 1 World Series win. That is a 7% success rate. Pretty bad.

After they figure out how split their 8 billion in revenue and its time for kick off again you just have to ask yourself is there any other place you would rather be than in the dome. Its never easy putting down that kind of cash but I envy you if I was living in the ATL I would do it in a heartbeat.

I know that, and that is what I am counting on. But it was just resentfull having to pay today with the past season so fresh in my mind.

At least if they have a lockout they will refund our money within a certain length of time. I thought for sure they would try to hang on to everyone's money until a new season starts. I'm getting sick of the not ready for primetime feeling in the playoffs too but I still think this is a team that improves every year whereas many are hot and cold. I think that's a sign of a good foundation. This young team going into it's 4th year is literally only a playmaker or two from grabbing some hardware and I don't mean at Home Depot.

Say what you want about the Braves, but they won a world championship and had a decade and a half run of division titles. Not the best comparison if you are trying to complain about a team's performance.

+1 for you! No comparison. The Falcons 0-2 playoff record, in no way, should ever be compared to 5 National League Championships. I do admit that The Braves should have at least 3 WS trophies, but again...very bad comparison.

+1 for you! No comparison. The Falcons 0-2 playoff record, in no way, should ever be compared to 5 National League Championships. I do admit that The Braves should have at least 3 WS trophies, but again...very bad comparison.

I totally disagree. The 1 for 14 is not great. It is underperforming. I cannot understand how anyone can see the differently.

Falcons are heading in that direction, and I don't want to see them go down that path of underachieving.

I know exactly how you feel and I have a kid on the way that I am budgeting for. Having to tell a pregnant woman that over $2000 is off limits because I need to save for season tickets is not an easy thing to do.

But for me season tickets is about the experience and except for the last 2 night games the Falcons have provided great value because they've mainly won at home.

I was just as disgusted with what happened against Green Bay and I think that it's been 3 years so there's not a lot of excuses left for the defense. If the defense doesn't develop this year I think changes will be coming to that side of the ball.

Anything to make you feel better about renewing your season tickets....

About your stat there....the 14 represents Div. Champs so we'd actually be batting a 1000. wink.gif

Whatever makes you sleep better. ;0

14 Division chamionships. 1 WORLD SERIES WIN.

You stilln have not offered up any stat or argument that I am wrong, other than just saying it. You cannot deny those numbers. 1 WS win in 14 straight years of division titles is a FACT that cannot be disputed. The Yankees won more WS and far less division titles.

And is it the goal of a team to win the division and lose in the playoffs? No, that would be ridiculous.

I can, and I did. wink.gif

1 for 14. that is a .071 batting average.

0.71 > 0.00

and 14 consecutive div titles is dare i say slightly better than a franchise total of 4 division titles in 50 years.

i love my atlanta falcons, but they'll have to obtain a world championship before I would say they're starting to "look like the braves."

14 consecutive division championships will probably never ever be equaled. THAT IS AN AMAZING RECORD !!!

For the record, I didn't renew this year and I dearly loved my seats and location. I own a small jewelry store and

this economy plus failing heath plus the slaughter by Green Bay = nope.

not to mention the greed by owners and players = lockout

0.71 > 0.00

and 14 consecutive div titles is dare i say slightly better than a franchise total of 4 division titles in 50 years.

i love my atlanta falcons, but they'll have to obtain a world championship before I would say they're starting to "look like the braves."

I said they are "starting" to look like the Braves, heading down the same road. I did not say the situation were identical.

People need to read what was said and the context it was said.

14 consecutive division championships will probably never ever be equaled. THAT IS AN AMAZING RECORD !!!

For the record, I didn't renew this year and I dearly loved my seats and location. I own a small jewelry store and

this economy plus failing heath plus the slaughter by Green Bay = nope.

And out of 14 division titles, would you consider 1 WS win as successful?

Whatever makes you sleep better. ;0

14 Division chamionships. 1 WORLD SERIES WIN.

You stilln have not offered up any stat or argument that I am wrong, other than just saying it. You cannot deny those numbers. 1 WS win in 14 straight years of division titles is a FACT that cannot be disputed. The Yankees won more WS and far less division titles.

And is it the goal of a team to win the division and lose in the playoffs? No, that would be ridiculous.

I just did....14 does not represent 14 trips to the WS...If you were to say 1 for 5 in the WS, then you'd be correct in apply whatever formula you'd like to show that 1 of 5 is NOT good...

So, why do you suppose they hung 14 banners at the Ted? huh.gifcool.gif

Get off The Braves....Man!! biggrin.gif

Ok, I am done with nthis. I consider 1 championhip in 14 playoff appearances bad, and does Leo Mazoni, Chipper Jones, Tom Glavine, and others that were in those duggouts.

You find it acceptable. Good for you. We disagree. End of discussion.