Like Roger Goodell?

Tallahassee

Just curious what the thoughts on Roger Goodell around here were. He hasn't been on the job all that long, but he's made some big changes (NFL in Europe), with more ideas for change on the way (!8 game season, rookie wage scale, etc). Add to that the labor dispute, and I wanted to see if ya'll liked him or not...

Like the rookie pay scale idea, don't like the 18 game season. Iyt's kinda weird to say you are so concerned with player safety then want a longer season.

He's trying to clean up the NFL's image, and that is admirable, but he doesn't seem to know how to go about it. I imagine it's not the easiest job with billionaires on one side of you and millionaires on the other. But I don't mean that to mean I feel sorry for him. He's well paid and can have the best seat in the house to any NFL game.

Just curious what the thoughts on Roger Goodell around here were. He hasn't been on the job all that long, but he's made some big changes (NFL in Europe), with more ideas for change on the way (!8 game season, rookie wage scale, etc). Add to that the labor dispute, and I wanted to see if ya'll liked him or not...

I like the way he has handled some discipline issues with players that run into legal issues. I don't like the fact that there are a lot of fines for stuff that happens through the course of a game. He is pushing for 18 games in a season which I don't like. I didn't like the piece in the AJC about him urging Blank to get an outdoor stadium.

That being said, I think this CBA thing will say a lot about him. I would still say at this point I have a favorable view of him.

I like the way he has handled some discipline issues with players that run into legal issues. I don't like the fact that there are a lot of fines for stuff that happens through the course of a game. He is pushing for 18 games in a season which I don't like. I didn't like the piece in the AJC about him urging Blank to get an outdoor stadium.

That being said, I think this CBA thing will say a lot about him. I would still say at this point I have a favorable view of him.

I agree that the CBA will define his tenure. Outside of that, however, I see a commish who really wants to make his mark on the history of the game, and is willing to make sweeping changes to do so. Ideas such as the NFL in Europe and the 18-game season are dramatic, dramatic changes that certainly impact the game (and the bottom line). Problem is, I don't agree its for the better. Sometimes, figuring out how to maintain a good thing is the best solution. Tinker too much, and you can ruin it...