Buck Belue and his sources say our Strength Program is wack

Mr Pickle1

http://blogs.buckbelue.com/2011/02/10/still-questions-about-strength-program.aspx?ref=rss

Also, according to him, we have not been in contact with CES as UGA has said they would.

Would anyone care to reassure me again that Buck and/or his source don't know jack about what they are talking about?

Bearing in mind a few points:

1. I'm a Richt guy.

2. I really want Buck to be wrong.

3. The past leadership from this administration makes me concerned. Joe T isn't a sophisticated strength guy...which is why the plan was to bring in someone else to head up the football part of S/C, with Joe T over him.

I'm not dogging the team, or the coaches...the report just makes me feel worried.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://blogs.buckbelue.com/2011/02/10/still-questions-about-strength-program.aspx?ref=rss

Also, according to him, we have not been in contact with CES as UGA has said they would.

Would anyone care to reassure me again that Buck and/or his source don't know jack about what they are talking about?

Bearing in mind a few points:

1. I'm a Richt guy.

2. I really want Buck to be wrong.

3. The past leadership from this administration makes me concerned. Joe T isn't a sophisticated strength guy...which is why the plan was to bring in someone else to head up the football part of S/C, with Joe T over him.

I'm not dogging the team, or the coaches...the report just makes me feel worried.

Didn't they say they were bringing in the CES consultants for speed work in the summer?

Buck has the right to make his own opinions, the guy probably has some good connections to our program. I may not always agree with what he says but the man probably has good knowledge about the program.

You would think.... but he's shown again and again that he doesn't.

That's exactly what I'm considering. Buck's opinions on the S/C program has no value to me. His "source" sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

Well when Buck doesn't understand the subject to begin with how is he going to understand what his "source" is talking about?

I spoke to a friend of mine who was an Olineman for UGA in the mid 80's when JT was a Grad Asst and he was not really hot on the idea of JT being our S&C Coach. I honestly don't think he cared much for him personally so I took it with a grain of salt. It did make me question whether JT is the best S&C guy out there. I don't question the fact that he sounds like the best ball-buster, but how much does he really know about S&C?

IMO, we need the following:

1)

Edited by Blackout

I spoke to a friend of mine who was an Olineman for UGA in the mid 80's when JT was a Grad Asst and he was not really hot on the idea of JT being our S&C Coach. I honestly don't think he cared much for him personally so I took it with a grain of salt. It did make me question whether JT is the best S&C guy out there. I don't question the fact that he sounds like the best ball-buster, but how much does he really know about S&C?

1) JT as supreme ballbuster

2) CES to create the program and consult on a regular basis

3) Young enthusiastic GA's like Thomas Brown to insprire the kids

Any thoughts?

Edited by Blackout

Buck has the right to make his own opinions, the guy probably has some good connections to our program. I may not always agree with what he says but the man probably has good knowledge about the program.

the problem is buck doesn't.. you would think he does, but with his radio work he has pretty much alienated any friends he might have had at one time at BM.. right now buck and fran are on par for sources at uga.

Any thoughts?

BOOM

Any thoughts?

Stroke of Genius Blackout, loved the crossing out one. This IS exactly what we are doing.

Buck Belue, is an irrelevant fool.

Now that is out of the way. Joe T is overseeing as the head of S&C and yes he is a tough guy. Who cares what Belue says, Joe T is consulting with THE experts, he is not a idiot that takes performance training like it was 1975 again. Give him a break.

I really like have a nutritionist staff as well, do you guys notice we get tweets from our athletes concerning such as having to eat three meals a day?

Buck Belue was a scrawny *** little puck when guys like Joe T., Mike "Moonpie" Wilson and "Cowboy" Joel Parrish were the leaders. While Joe T continues to contribute to the Bulldogs to achieve their best, what is Belue bringing? Oh yeah an irrelevant blog.

Edited by crap sandwich

Stroke of Genius Blackout, loved the crossing out one. This IS exactly what we are doing.

Buck Belue, is an irrelevant fool.

Now that is out of the way. Joe T is overseeing as the head of S&C and yes he is a tough guy. Who cares what Belue says, Joe T is consulting with THE experts, he is not a idiot that takes performance training like it was 1975 again. Give him a break.

I really like have a nutritionist staff as well, do you guys notice we get tweets from our athletes concerning such as having to eat three meals a day?

Buck Belue was a scrawny *** little puck when guys like Joe T., Mike "Moonpie" Wilson and "Cowboy" Joel Parrish were the leaders. While Joe T continues to contribute to the Bulldogs to achieve their best, what is Belue bringing? Oh yeah an irrelevant blog.

Glad to hear my fears were unwarranted. S&C is a science and JT doesn't strike me as a scientist. I can certainly see him scaring the sh** out of kids though which I love!!!