RB- Serious thread

Wokezone

Turner is an amazing RB, and as we all know is starting to get older. not going to take anything away from him he is a probowl RB and had shouldered a Load here. We All also know he cant catch a cold, he can run through a brick wall but if you throw it to him you just wasted a down.

Snelling- Young RB strong, trucks like turner, fast and can catch the ball. A younger turner who can catch from what I can see, and would be a legitimate Trucking starting for us. Determination, speeed, powers through the lines, breaks tackles. could honestly be a future probowler.

Do we promote Snelling to Starting RB, and Draft a a speedy change of pace back, and consider the option of Trading Turner while he is still a Viable Trade especially being in the probowl this year.

No this isnt a thread bashing Turner, He is one of the best running backs we've had but I'm just presenting the idea of constantly increasing draft picks and talent.

Turner is an amazing RB, and as we all know is starting to get older. not going to take anything away from him he is a probowl RB and had shouldered a Load here. We All also know he cant catch a cold, he can run through a brick wall but if you throw it to him you just wasted a down.

Snelling- Young RB strong, trucks like turner, fast and can catch the ball. A younger turner who can catch from what I can see, and would be a legitimate Trucking starting for us. Determination, speeed, powers through the lines, breaks tackles. could honestly be a future probowler.

Do we promote Snelling to Starting RB, and Draft a a speedy change of pace back, and consider the option of Trading Turner while he is still a Viable Trade especially being in the probowl this year.

No this isnt a thread bashing Turner, He is one of the best running backs we've had but I'm just presenting the idea of constantly increasing draft picks and talent.

Yes. Turner is over the hill and in decline. Best trade him for a draft pick when he is still valued. Imagine trading him and drafting a multi-dimensional RB with that pick. What a great deal!

Falcons will eventually look for someone to replace Turner. Snelling is a backup and more versatile player b/c of his ability to catch the ball.

Snelling (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2007/draft/players/3083.html) is not a speed back. He was a bit of a tweener coming out of Virginia. Not really big enough to be a true FB, but had enough running skills to be considered a RB, but he lacks even 4.5 speed. Yes a slow RB can be successful, but I think the Falcons are looking to get faster, and more dynamic.

This brings up a good point, that makes me question our direction. I like Turner, and with a complimentary speed back who can stay on the field, and line up at WR every now and then would be great, but I also see the possibility of trading a Turner, keeping Snelling and drafting a speed back. Glad I'm not TD.

I think we need the best RB we can get. But he MUST have speed. And he must have good receiving skills. I would place this as a draft need directly behind DE and WR. If we can get a true WR/RB hybrid like the kid from Boise State, so much the better.

Overall I favor drafting for offense and FA for defense. This makes sense if you look at the average age of each unit.

The Turner Snelling combo is fine the way it is. The O-line is what keeps them both from being more successful. I, like many think Turner looks slow to the hole but the fact that he's the only RB that gets any production up the middle makes me wonder if the holes just aren't there for him. After all, if Turner is to slow wouldn't another back take his job????

I think we need to draft an RB that can fill in for Norwood should he go down again and focus on O-line.

Yes. Turner is over the hill and in decline. Best trade him for a draft pick when he is still valued. Imagine trading him and drafting a multi-dimensional RB with that pick. What a great deal!

MR.Right your wrong again how can you please tell me is Turner over the hill when he has just had 1300+ yard rushing season this year 1700 yard season in 08 and if not for injury probably the same number of yards in 09 as he had this year.Please explain to me how Turners over the hill again.

This brings up a good point, that makes me question our direction. I like Turner, and with a complimentary speed back who can stay on the field, and line up at WR every now and then would be great, but I also see the possibility of trading a Turner, keeping Snelling and drafting a speed back. Glad I'm not TD.

DeMarco Murray would be the perfect fit in my opinion. Not sure why some Draft sites and analyst have him rated lower than others. Looking at his numbers he has put up numbers that should have him going in the top 50 picks. I know injuries may be sited, but he missed 1 game in the last 2 season. He would be number one on my list of 3RD down type backs. Vereen, Todman, and Locke would also be good fits in my book.

This is all a bit backwards. Turner can catch dumpdowns. Snelling is better but Snelling is not fast. Turner is only 3 months older than Snelling.

I don't understand why people want to focus on the positions that are working and ignore the biggest glaring issue pass defense.

The Falcons should however pick up a new speed back in the mid rounds who can also catch. Every team loves to have their Reggie Bust guy but you don't have to waste a top 10 pick on him.

The Turner and Snelling tandem is just fine.. they can punish a defense when used right.

I used to be Norwoods #1 fan, but lets face it, he cant stay healthy.. let him go, and draft a young speed back... I think we have more issues at WR and Defense that need to be addressed.