Leonard Hankerson

hawkeye

I like Hankerson and Jernigan for us. I think I might take

Jernigan tho b/c of his speed, return ability, and toughness.

But Hankerson is a baller too. He has the size, hands, and

runs good routes. I think one of them will be a Falcon.

Check out the video in the link below and also what the guy

says about him being a Falcon.

http://www.xtrapointfootball.com/201102091025/2011-articles/february/nfl-draft-prospect-leonard-hankerson-wr-miami-hurricanes.html

I would really like to see Hankerson get paired with an elite receiver. Hankerson would pair great opposite of Roddy White with the Atlanta Falcons who have the 27th pick in the first round. Giving Matty Ice that type of receiving duo with a solid running game could have the Falcons somewhere they haven't been since the dirty south was doing the dirty bird.

i really like hankerson although i dont see the need for a #2 receiver as i personally like jenkins and feel our biggest WR need is an explosive slot player but i would not be averse to hankerson, also have a look at his workout sessions with mark duper on youtube, great work ethic and hands.

Agree 100%.

i really like hankerson although i dont see the need for a #2 receiver as i personally like jenkins and feel our biggest WR need is an explosive slot player but i would not be averse to hankerson, also have a look at his workout sessions with mark duper on youtube, great work ethic and hands.

Jenkins is a functional #2, but that isn't what we need. He doesn't fight for the ball and doesn't get separation as much as you'd like. What we need is a good #2 who can take attention away from White and open up the middle a little bit more for the slot receivers and tight ends. If we can get an improvement at #2 then we can push Jenkins down the depth chart where, I think, he'll be extremely effective with some favorable match ups there.

Jenkins is a functional #2, but that isn't what we need. He doesn't fight for the ball and doesn't get separation as much as you'd like. What we need is a good #2 who can take attention away from White and open up the middle a little bit more for the slot receivers and tight ends. If we can get an improvement at #2 then we can push Jenkins down the depth chart where, I think, he'll be extremely effective with some favorable match ups there.

I agree!

i disagree, there is no wr bar jones and green who will be able to be an improvement over jenkins next year or quite likely the year after and when you factor in the chances that they never become as good as jenkins then i feel that we can improve our team much better by going for a different position, and even if they did improve on jenkins after the 1st year they will not take coverage off of white as much as a improvement in the slot bringing down the safety to cover him, and as jenkins is most definitely not a slot receiver he would drop down to 4th receiver which with a 5 year contract signed a couple of years ago that doesnt sound our best bet to improve this team.

i disagree, there is no wr bar jones and green who will be able to be an improvement over jenkins next year or quite likely the year after and when you factor in the chances that they never become as good as jenkins then i feel that we can improve our team much better by going for a different position, and even if they did improve on jenkins after the 1st year they will not take coverage off of white as much as a improvement in the slot bringing down the safety to cover him, and as jenkins is most definitely not a slot receiver he would drop down to 4th receiver which with a 5 year contract signed a couple of years ago that doesnt sound our best bet to improve this team.

Im pretty sure there is only 2 years left on Jenkins contract which means we would prob either redo his contract or cut him after next year to avoid paying his salary like we just did with coleman. It would not bother me if we took a WR like Hankerson but if we did i would like to move back into the second and do so. If we r to take a WR in the first i would rather have Torrey Smith over Hankerson cause of smiths speed factor and return ability. Most likey know one will take Jenkins spot in their first year but think smith will contribute more than hankerson would.

Well I cant say for sure that a guy like Hankerson wouldnt take Jenks spot this year. If Willy Mo didnt get hurt his 1st year I think at some point he would have started because all it took was Coleman getting injured in game 1 and Willy Mo and the coaches never looked back.

So if Hankerson has a good TC and after a few games Jenks hasnt produced I think there would be a very good chance that Hankerson would start down the stretch.

I just read it and a pure pass catcher that gets seperation from running good routes sounds exactly like the type of WR we need and a WR that could beat out Jenks.

The timing routes we use can only happen if you run good routes, that might be the reason we see Jenks catch passes on the same routes all the time it seems like and Roddy catches passes anyqhere on the field.

Its hard to defend timing routes, and if we can hit them with Hank and Roddy I'm sure that will do just as much damage as a speed guy.

If HD comes back and and if TD and Smith thinks he will, Hankerson could be the perfect number 2 for us.

Am I the only guy that feels like he is a Jenks clone?

I thought everyone was clamoring for a speed WR and more explosive plays, what happened to that? Hankerson doesn't really fit that profile.

Well, Hankerson definitely isn't the 4.3 or 4.4 speed type of guy, but he does know how to get open and do other things that make up for his not so elite speed(still good enough though)

Unlike Jenkins, Hankerson actually plays to his size(even bigger at times). He can actually get YAC unlike Jenkins and he is more physical. He also ain't afraid of a little contact. Also, I think he's shiftier and more elusive than Jenkins. Another thing is that Hankerson just seems to want the ball when it's thrown his way and he's not soft when attacking it...

Honestly, I would love to have the guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Uu9gm6Ea0

I am starting to really like Hankerson a lot more. I agree

with Don on his comparison to Jenkins. Jenkins is too soft.

"Explosive" can also mean coming out of your breaks explosive.

I like the way he attacks the ball and they say he runs good

routes. We also talked to him at the Sr. Bowl too.

Theres more than 1 way to make an offense explosive, if Hankerson can consistently beat 1 on 1's the defense will have to give help towards his side. And with the size of corners today and the fact that he runs crisp routes and attacks the ball and has the soze to take care of small number 2's he could draw some attention from the safeties.

And even if the DC's of opposing teams dont want to respect him even if he is beating 1 0n 1's then we will take his match up all day. But if the D has to give help with the safety after they already have double Roddy we can find a void deep down the middle with Harry because D's will jump all over Tony underneath.

In other words we want to force defenses to play a cover 2 and leave that void deep down the middle and when we hit it then all of the sudden those safeties cant help as much as they want to on the outside and then the play we like to throw JEnks way( Matts 1st TD play) can be ran by Roddy because he will have more room to the inside, and quick throws like that means YAC.

So as long as Hankerson comes in and can beat 1 on 1's more often than Jenks did then this offense will become more explosive, and it will also become more explosive un the run game becasue we all know the more DB's the D has in the game vs our run game is obviously better for us.

We continue our series with Miami wideout Leonard Hankerson, whose name has been on the lips of most personnel evaluators after his stellar performance in the Senior Bowl game and the week of practice. Hankerson finished his Miami career with 128 catches for 2,089 yards and 21 touchdowns in 40 games.

Pros: Had a pretty serious problem with drops early in his collegiate career, but his work with former Dolphins great Mark Duper and subsequent improvement speaks to his ability to take coaching and turn it into production. Has a good understanding of, and the ability to run, the entire route tree. Hankerson is particularly polished on intermediate vertical routes that allow him to get going after the catch.

Shows good toughness in traffic, as well as on comebacks with defenders all over him. Great in any route where short-quick cuts are needed. He sits in zones very well and gets upfield with authority. He will go up to catch high throws on slants and posts with everything he's got - no fear when it comes to potential tacklers obviously closing in for big hits. Duper wasn't the only former NFL star to help him out - his position coach in high school was should-be-Hall-of-Famer Cris Carter.

Cons: Hankerson doesn't explode off the line - it takes him a bit of time to get a full head of steam - and as a result, he may have problems with press and man coverage at the NFL level. At Senior Bowl practice, he was more easily able to show his attributes in three-receiver sets where a slot guy on his inside was able to take a safety or nickel back away from his route.

That lack of immediate speed also shows up when he's asked to run routes demanding quick cuts (digs, slants, and crosses). This is less of an issue if the routes are underneath coverage, but he's not going to win a lot of short-area speed battles in coverage on cuts alone.

Conclusion: So far, the primary NFL comp for Hankerson seems to be Andre Johnson(notes), but at 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds, he doesn't quite have that kind of size. The other comp I've seen is Sidney Rice(notes), but Hankerson isn't quite that explosive. What he does possess is a great overall understanding of how to play the receiver position; the little things and intangibles which make receivers great.

The fact that he's already developed so much as a player in the last few seasons, and done so in an offense under construction during his time there, indicates that he'll excel at the NFL level. In the right kind of system (he seems the ideal outside guy in an offense that doesn't demand specific receiver speed), he could have multiple 1,000-yard seasons in his future.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Shutdown-40-36-Leonard-Hankerson-WR-Mi?urn=nfl-319675

Theres more than 1 way to make an offense explosive, if Hankerson can consistently beat 1 on 1's the defense will have to give help towards his side. And with the size of corners today and the fact that he runs crisp routes and attacks the ball and has the soze to take care of small number 2's he could draw some attention from the safeties.

And even if the DC's of opposing teams dont want to respect him even if he is beating 1 0n 1's then we will take his match up all day. But if the D has to give help with the safety after they already have double Roddy we can find a void deep down the middle with Harry because D's will jump all over Tony underneath.

In other words we want to force defenses to play a cover 2 and leave that void deep down the middle and when we hit it then all of the sudden those safeties cant help as much as they want to on the outside and then the play we like to throw JEnks way( Matts 1st TD play) can be ran by Roddy because he will have more room to the inside, and quick throws like that means YAC.

So as long as Hankerson comes in and can beat 1 on 1's more often than Jenks did then this offense will become more explosive, and it will also become more explosive un the run game becasue we all know the more DB's the D has in the game vs our run game is obviously better for us.

Again, this is a lot of hypothetical. We can't expect anything out of Harry cause he hasn't shown anything. Jenks actually played well this season too, see the multiple games he helped win due to fingertip catches. Remember, he was injured multiple games.

Again, this is a lot of hypothetical. We can't expect anything out of Harry cause he hasn't shown anything. Jenks actually played well this season too, see the multiple games he helped win due to fingertip catches. Remember, he was injured multiple games.

Why cant we expect anythinh of HD? TD expects a lot of him next season so we know Smitty does to. Yea Jenks played well but thats exactly why we need an upgrade. he helped win some but every player helped win some.

Whats hypothetical? if we draft the guy it will be because he will take Jenks spot, and that would mean an upgrade and D's will have to play us differently. Do you want us to draft a slot guy instead? and leave Jenks out there? That would make no sense. Did you expect anything out of Harry his 1st year? he hadnt done anything in the NFL up to that point. I know if we draft anyone and they see the field I sure as **** expect something from them.

So we cant expect anything out of Harry but we can expect to see Jenks not consistently beat 1 on 1s zndcarch the same 3 routes it seems like. Matts 1st td route, that sideline route, and 10 yard in route and all 3 of those are timing routes because weve seen Matt throw the 10 in with a guy all over Jenks, but if the timing is right it cant be stooped vs certain D's. Oh and he runs that 20 yd fade kind of route, rarely does he beat 1 on 1's so we rarely see a safety pay him any attention.

Why cant we expect anythinh of HD? TD expects a lot of him next season so we know Smitty does to. Yea Jenks played well but thats exactly why we need an upgrade. he helped win some but every player helped win some.

Whats hypothetical? if we draft the guy it will be because he will take Jenks spot, and that would mean an upgrade and D's will have to play us differently. Do you want us to draft a slot guy instead? and leave Jenks out there? That would make no sense. Did you expect anything out of Harry his 1st year? he hadnt done anything in the NFL up to that point. I know if we draft anyone and they see the field I sure as **** expect something from them.

So we cant expect anything out of Harry but we can expect to see Jenks not consistently beat 1 on 1s zndcarch the same 3 routes it seems like. Matts 1st td route, that sideline route, and 10 yard in route and all 3 of those are timing routes because weve seen Matt throw the 10 in with a guy all over Jenks, but if the timing is right it cant be stooped vs certain D's. Oh and he runs that 20 yd fade kind of route, rarely does he beat 1 on 1's so we rarely see a safety pay him any attention.

So your argument is, we should upgrade Jenks who we KNOW what we get and keep HD hoping that he magically loses the dropsies? Jenks might not be a burner, but he blocks extremely well and steps up in the clutch. Thats a lot more than HD has ever done.

Don't get me wrong, I would love an upgrade over Jenks and HD to step it up, but I don't think you can say that Hankerson is definitely an upgrade. I would take a solid roleplayer in Jenks and a gamble at slot than to gamble that Hankerson is better and HD will finally step up.

So your argument is, we should upgrade Jenks who we KNOW what we get and keep HD hoping that he magically loses the dropsies? Jenks might not be a burner, but he blocks extremely well and steps up in the clutch. Thats a lot more than HD has ever done.

Don't get me wrong, I would love an upgrade over Jenks and HD to step it up, but I don't think you can say that Hankerson is definitely an upgrade. I would take a solid roleplayer in Jenks and a gamble at slot than to gamble that Hankerson is better and HD will finally step up.

We KNOW Jenks is good for about 50 catches a year and good blocking, but other than that he does his role but I wouldnt say he steps up in the clutch, other than the Ravens and bears game I cant remember the time he did something for us like those 2 catches on a game winning drive, well I would actually put the Bucs game in there to.

But we also know that the guy just doesnt beat 1 on 1 enough, becasue if he did the D's wouldnt be able to play ROddy and Tony the way are. THe D's we faced basically said ok Jenkins we will leave you 1 on 1 all day beat us if you can, and he hardly ever beats them.

22 294 13.4 1

23 320 13.9 1

Bottom stats are HD's 1st year and the top stats are from last year, he had 1 less catch and 26 less yards. We all loved him his first year, and Roddy didnt magically just stop dropping passes, he worked and worked at it, just because Harry dropped some this year doesnt mean he will continue dropping them

If its trues that Hankerson runs very good routes and can get seperation than I would say I'm 90 percent sure he would be an uograde over Jenks. I dont want this to seem like I am hating on Jenks because I have stuck up for him before but we just went 13 and q and it was apparent thats the best we could do with group on O, we need yo upgrade somewhere and its easy to point at the number 2 WR.

That might be the better gamble but thats being conservative, becasue if we find the guy thats better than Jenks then that gamble at the slot wouldnt be much of a gamble.

Dez Bryant went late but he is a stud. I don't see that in

Baldwin or Smith. IMO the closest would probably be

Hankerson and that would still be a reach.

This is what I said in another thread. Apparently Russ Lande

thinks Hank is worth a 1st rd pick.

27. Atlanta Falcons: Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami (Fla.)

The Falcons have Roddy White but don’t have a playmaker to complement him. So they grab Hankerson, who has the height, hands, receiving skills and speed to be an impact receiver.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-01/2011-nfl-draft/story/nfl-mock-draft-alabama-dt-marcell-dareus-moves-up-to-no-1