TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,624 posts in this topic

No one knows outside of HR and the staff and there are zero leaks happening thanks to Kirby. 

10 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I liked the two employees “getting it on” story better. <_<

Meh... it would not have made sense. Superior is banging subordinate. Subordinate gets fired, superior gets 30 day suspension? That would be a lot worse for the university...

quoted from another site:

Per the insider sites, this has NOTHING to do with sexual relationships of any kind. King failed to follow repeated protocol directives from the UGA Compliance office. The indication is that nothing she did was overly serious with regards to the overall compliance picture, but it was a wanton and repeated violation of University implemented compliance directives. If anything, it sounds like the worst thing that occurred was too much contact with recruits, putting the program at risk for minor violations. All indications are that Abdulai either was aware of King’s disregarding of the compliance directives and failed to report back to compliance, or he was made aware by a recruit and did not follow up, but a fellow staff member DID follow up when the same recruit mentioned it to the football staff. Not much to see here other than an employee violating University protocol that was put in place to protect the program; said employee was terminated; and resulting violations would be self reported and minor. The major sin here wasn’t any kind of NCAA compliance issue, but a wanton disregard for the directives set in her employment with UGA.

Right now, it's all speculation, as the program isn't really letting out specifics (with good reason)... but somewhere between mild to moderate "issues" around compliance or failure to comply with compliance procedures/policies/directives... Assuming this is where it ends, I wouldn't give it too much worry.

12 minutes ago, Carter said:

I bet a lot of Bama and Florida fans are loving their newfound "substance" to further talk about how UGA is cheating. :rolleyes:

Meh... Bama fans largely pre-occupied with the fact that dude-bro in the federal investigation for CBB is quoted as claiming to have paid *football* athletes at many universities, including Bama, Notre Dame, Penn St and others...

I wouldn't read too much into that either, as I'm pretty sure we're talking about kids already on campus, not recruits they were paying to come... Just typical agent bullsquat.

All I know is Kirby needs to get this negative stuff under control. I'm getting sick of it. Players getting arrested every week (I know, exaggerating...but still) and now recruiting staff getting fired/suspended. I just keep thinking the hammer is going to hit us. 

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:47 PM, Carter said:

I bet a lot of Bama and Florida fans are loving their newfound "substance" to further talk about how UGA is cheating. :rolleyes:

Well, listening to them B**** for some reason makes me smile and very Happy!:D

Carter likes this

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

FWIW, my prediction that Riley Ridley wouldn’t be drafted before 4th round is now reality.

We had a bet ..send me ya cashapp and I’ll send you the money 

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

A lot of people though both Riley and D Andre would be off the board in the third. Well at least the will get picked today. 

g-dawg likes this

Posted (edited)

The one guy I thought needed to come back gets drafted in the 2nd round to the perfect team for him. Way to go Mecole! Glad I was wrong, but we sure will miss him this year.

Edited by richham
g-dawg and Porter Osborne Jr like this

Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, richham said:

The one guy I thought needed to come back gets drafted in the 2nd round to the perfect team for him. Way to go Mecole! Glad I was wrong, but we sure will miss him this year.

Nauta needed to come back.  He did not get a good draft grade.

*** and he made his decision to leave early, mid-season.

Edited by Turkeydawg

Posted (edited)

Nauta I was more disappointed he didn’t come back, but he was pretty highly rated among those leaving. Holyfield had nothing to gain and everything to lose. If I was Holyfield I would have left too. I thought Mecole should have come back, so it shows what I know.

Edited by richham
g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, richham said:

He can thank Tyreek Hill 

Turkeydawg, sdogg and Yo_Lover like this

Just now, richham said:

Nauta I was more disappointed he didn’t come back, but he was pretty highly rated among those leaving. Holyfield had nothing to gain and everything to lose. If I was Holyfield I would have left too.

Yeah Nauta should have come back.   I thought Mecole should come back but 2nd round?  Good for him - that is as high as he could have possibly gone.

Don’t really think Nauta or Holyfield improves their stock with another year. 

Nauta just makes it where woerner gets less looks and he’s not going to gain anymore speed or height. 

Holyfield probably gets less carries if he comes back and once again wouldn’t of gained anymore speed. 

Personally id liked them to get degrees and finish the drill but don’t fault them two because the only thing gained by coming back is a degree and maybe a ring. 

g-dawg likes this

Next year's RB class is going to be incredible. Holyfield is 100% undrafted next year unless he exploded even more than he did in 2018, and him exploding would've been highly unlikely with the guys that Georgia has at RB. In the end it's a business decision here. Leave while your stock is high considering the dudes in the stable even though your ceiling in the draft isn't very high at all.

Nauta on the other hand is likely going to regret not going back to school, and it's rumored that he was all in on leaving halfway through last season.

Riley should be alright. I did think he'd be a 2nd-3rd rounder, but his ceiling is a possession receiver so he's not anything too special. Got drafted to da Bears in the 4th.

3 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Bears now have Quan Floyd Wims and Ridley now 

And TD continues to hate UGA players. 

Bears

Bengals

Rams

chiefs

Pats

seem to be the most consistent drafters of Dawgs

wish the Phins would’ve picked Elijah in the seventh instead of the guy from the barn

Hard to believe Ledbetter and Holyfield didn't get drafted. Best of luck to them, I hope they land in good FA situations.