TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,621 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

9 dawgs were invited to the combine..

Coming off an 11-win season, with back-to-back SEC East Division Titles, trips to the SEC Championship, and an appearance in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, Georgia cornerback Deandre Baker, center Lamont Gaillard, wide receiver Terry Godwin, wide receiver Mecole Hardman Jr., running back Elijah Holyfield, defensive end Jonathan Ledbetter, tight end Isaac Nauta, wide receiver Riley Ridley, and edge rusher D'Andre Walker all were invited to the combine.

so all 4 of the early departures got an invite. that's good for them at least. Still maintain that Mecole should have come back... not sure if he had any academic concerns that he was going to have to deal with or not though?

3 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

so all 4 of the early departures got an invite. that's good for them at least. Still maintain that Mecole should have come back... not sure if he had any academic concerns that he was going to have to deal with or not though?

no academic concerns for Mecole.. he is going to move up the draft boards due to his speed and athleticism.  i think he should have stayed, but he will be picked earlier than our fans believe due to his physical ability. 

58 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Is this GT clown for real?

yes he is a clown and that clown is an idiot.  

Medical issues have brought an end to the football career of punter and 2016 signee Marshall Long.

Should now put us right at 85 on the roster after this recruiting class and grad transfers are counted in, without figuring any additional attrition into the mix.

Aaron Murray plays for Atlanta, Trenton Thompson plays for Arizona, Zach Mettenberger is with Memphis and Steve Spurrier coaches Orlando.

35 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Aaron Murray plays for Atlanta, Trenton Thompson plays for Arizona, Zach Mettenberger is with Memphis and Steve Spurrier coaches Orlando.

Yeah they played the first games this past weekend. Orlando put a 90s style Spurrier beatdown on Atlanta. Every other team’s offense has pretty much looked like garbage though. Defense is definitely ahead of the offenses now, which is to be expected with them only having like a month to practice together.

Just now, Carter said:

Yeah they played the first games this past weekend. Orlando put a 90s style Spurrier beatdown on Atlanta. Every other team’s offense has pretty much looked like garbage though. Defense is definitely ahead of the offenses now, which is to be expected with them only having like a month to practice together.

Michael Vick was supposed to be the offensive coordinator for Atlanta’s team but after Brad Childress backed out as head coach and Vick’s duties at Fox Sports expanded Vick took an off-the-field role with the team instead. I kinda wanted to see Vick drawing up plays for Aaron Murray.

26 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Michael Vick was supposed to be the offensive coordinator for Atlanta’s team but after Brad Childress backed out as head coach and Vick’s duties at Fox Sports expanded Vick took an off-the-field role with the team instead. I kinda wanted to see Vick drawing up plays for Aaron Murray.

yep.. the Atlanta team lost it's head coach and oc..  it stinks too because i was hoping that both would have stayed on..  overall though it was a lot of fun to watch and much better football than I expected.. especially with just a month to prepare. 

4 hours ago, Carter said:

Birmingham's offense looked really good. Their QB is Luis Perez, he won the Division II Heisman in 2017. Their defense looked even better. Christian Hackenberg got owned in that game. 26-0 shutout win.

4 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep.. the Atlanta team lost it's head coach and oc..  it stinks too because i was hoping that both would have stayed on..  overall though it was a lot of fun to watch and much better football than I expected.. especially with just a month to prepare. 

I enjoyed the 3 games I watched. Much better quality of football than I expected with as you said only 1 month to get ready for it. I also love the different rules. I can easily see the NFL adopting some of these rules, especially the kicking rules. Can't wait to see how OT looks. OT you get the ball at the 10 yard line and you've got 4 shots at a TD. No field goals and each team gets a chance to score.

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Birmingham's offense looked really good. Their QB is Luis Perez, he won the Division II Heisman in 2017. Their defense looked even better. Christian Hackenberg got owned in that game. 26-0 shutout win.

I missed that game. Atlanta, San Diego, San Antonio all looked terrible offensively. Just horrible. But a month really is a short timeframe for all new players to get on the same page. I’m sure the offenses will start doing better though.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

I missed that game. Atlanta, San Diego, San Antonio all looked terrible offensively. Just horrible. But a month really is a short timeframe for all new players to get on the same page. I’m sure the offenses will start doing better though.

You missed a good all around show by Birmingham. Trent Richardson scored a couple of TD's and was running through guys like a man possessed.

5 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You missed a good all around show by Birmingham. Trent Richardson scored a couple of TD's and was running through guys like a man possessed.

58 yards on 23 carries is running "like a man possessed"?

datboilando likes this

11 minutes ago, Ransack said:

58 yards on 23 carries is running "like a man possessed"?

Did you watch the game? Did you see the 2nd TD he scored? He ran over 3 men to do it. Just bulled run over them.

5 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

Lady Dawgs won a national title today in indoor tennis!

Boom!!!