TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,479 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i am trying to remember, but i don't think it has ever happened that both starting rbs are from the same college. 

Just one other time, happened few yrs ago. (Marshawn Lynch and Shane Vereen - Cal)

TheTrue7 and SacFalcFan like this

Just now, Team UGA said:

Just one other time, happened few yrs ago. (Marshawn Lynch and Shane Vereen - Cal)

good catch..  

since 2010 there have been 18 teams that have scored at least 300 points in a class----

urban meyer was involved in 4---florida 2010, ohio st in 2013, 17 and 18.

nick saban has been involved in 7-bama 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and now 19.

kirby smart has been involved in 8----bama 12, 13, 14, 15, 16-the deal was done by the time he left for athens....then uga 2017, 2018 and now 2019.

the current total for the last 3 classes is bama 931.16 and uga 927.63..........its getting closer.

its a great time to be a dawg......when this class hits the field next year there wont be much gap with anyone......and next years class has been pointed to by recruiting guys for over a year.......enjoy these days folks.

Pro Football Focus

Nick Chubb finished as the highest-graded running back this season

So so let me get this straight
UGA has both starting RBs in the Super Bowl and also the highest graded RB this year

dang did Kirby/Dell need anymore ammo

Carter, TheTrue7, putnam6 and 2 others like this

And Terry Godwin too. People scoffed when I said UGA had just as much talent at WR as Bama. We gonna see when all these kids get to the NFL that the UGA WRs were criminally underused here. 

AutumnEffect likes this

7 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Has this been posted?

if so sorry but it’s pretty dang funny

yep this was awesome.. my wife came downstairs because i was laughing so freaking hard.. i have seen it like 10 times.. haha

I don't get too caught up in Mock Drafts, but I was just kind of curious where nfl.com was kind of aligning the players before the combine gets underway.  I just about spit out my water when I saw Elijah Holyfield mocked at the end of the 1st round to Greenbay.  If he even sniffs the 1st round, he definitely made the right decision to leave.

18 minutes ago, richham said:

I don't get too caught up in Mock Drafts, but I was just kind of curious where nfl.com was kind of aligning the players before the combine gets underway.  I just about spit out my water when I saw Elijah Holyfield mocked at the end of the 1st round to Greenbay.  If he even sniffs the 1st round, he definitely made the right decision to leave.

I've been saying this for a long time... I initially thought it would be crazy for him to leave early, until I looked at the RB draft class... It's awful. Next year is much stouter. I really wish he would have just made it clear earlier as it might have changed the results with Sanders. Hopefully it works out just fine and we double up in 2020 with some big time talent and we have a healthy rebound from Zeus.

95Dawg and richham like this

56 minutes ago, richham said:

i have seen a few full nfl draft mocks that have up to 7 or 8 UGA players drafted and a handful during the first 2 days.. we will see a number of UGA guys move up due to their combine/nfl pro day performance..  i can see 2 to 3 guys moving into the 1st round. 

44 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i have seen a few full nfl draft mocks that have up to 7 or 8 UGA players drafted and a handful during the first 2 days.. we will see a number of UGA guys move up due to their combine/nfl pro day performance..  i can see 2 to 3 guys moving into the 1st round. 

Agree. I believe Ridley is going to be a steal for some team...  no matter how high he goes.

Nauta same thing.

Baker is likely to be best long term CB in the draft. 

I could see Belichek WANTING all three!

9 dawgs were invited to the combine..

Coming off an 11-win season, with back-to-back SEC East Division Titles, trips to the SEC Championship, and an appearance in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, Georgia cornerback Deandre Baker, center Lamont Gaillard, wide receiver Terry Godwin, wide receiver Mecole Hardman Jr., running back Elijah Holyfield, defensive end Jonathan Ledbetter, tight end Isaac Nauta, wide receiver Riley Ridley, and edge rusher D'Andre Walker all were invited to the combine.