TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,624 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Is it though? We can always afford 1 in season loss then the pre-playoff game to get in playoffs vs bama.. don’t see east teams being good enough for us to not be able to handle 1 lost and still get in seccg 

1 loss is it and it can’t be a bad loss like all our road game losses under Kirby have been. Blown out by Ole Miss, blown out by Auburn, blown out by LSU. That can’t happen. After 1 loss our margin for error becomes nothing. Have to have to beat Bama/win the SEC to get in. Look at 2018... 

sdogg likes this

Yea don’t count ol miss we were pretty avg that year anyway, but barn L still got us in and we’d been fine last year , gotta win the sec IMO to get in unless ur bama, we need 2+ titles before we get that kinda leeway. 

this coming year we need to handle our business at auburn.. the a&m game is in our house and we don't see to screw the pooch at home. 

17 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Yea don’t count ol miss we were pretty avg that year anyway, but barn L still got us in and we’d been fine last year , gotta win the sec IMO to get in unless ur bama, we need 2+ titles before we get that kinda leeway. 

The Ole Miss blowout counts because it’s a trend. We didn’t even show up in that game. Then you look at Auburn 2017 and LSU 2018, we were overconfident going into both of those games and got bullied. In 2017 we got in because we won the SEC with 1 loss and avenged that only loss to Auburn. In 2018 we didn’t get in because we got blown out by LSU and also because of UF and GT athletic directors blocking us in the committee.

Had Bama beat in 2017, lost.

Had Bama beat in 2018, lost.

That’s our biggest stumbling block.

Auburn has a brutal schedule in 2019. I can absolutely see them losing 2-3 games before we play them and we go in there overconfident again if we are undefeated at that point. Hopefully we overcome those trends. If it happens once, ok, it happened... if it happens every year it’s a problem.

50 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Is it though? We can always afford 1 in season loss then the pre-playoff game to get in playoffs vs bama.. don’t see east teams being good enough for us to not be able to handle 1 lost and still get in seccg 

Yeah but if we lose that and **** the bed against Bama we lose a playoff spot

"I think Georgia is beatable heading into next season. I don't think they are going to be as good as they were this past season let alone two seasons ago when they were in the National Championship" - @bmarcello"

hahaha.. auburn guys. 

12 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

"I think Georgia is beatable heading into next season. I don't think they are going to be as good as they were this past season let alone two seasons ago when they were in the National Championship" - @bmarcello"

hahaha.. auburn guys. 

I'm sorry, but Aub has way more question marks and unknowns than UGA does. As a matter of fact, you can probably say that about every team in the SEC. 

Take this with a grain of salt, as I'm not familiar with the site, and they don't link a source, but they say that we're among those interested in this kid

https://thespun.com/big-ten/nebraska-cornhuskers/lawrence-cager-transfer-miami-nebraska-adrian-martinez-iowa-state-visit?fbclid=IwAR0739tiL0zyQ_GgNf7gZ-XXzD1Q0coUqQyToBkNcziF7TgYcls2yLC7So4

Youngbloodz, any info on if this kid is actually worth pursuing? That's the actual main reason I even posted it, info.

In all seriousness, this is where I expected him to end up, with the family link and all

We ever hear the real story on exactly what his issue(s) was(were)

Can't have been academics like some have suggested I wouldn't think, seeing as he's able to transfer

4 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

In all seriousness, this is where I expected him to end up, with the family link and all

We ever hear the real story on exactly what his issue(s) was(were)

Can't have been academics like some have suggested I wouldn't think, seeing as he's able to transfer

Substance abuse from what has been said for a long time... and a lack of really caring. Kirby did everything he could for him. 

If JR Reed wasn’t a good enough family connection and role model for him at UGA then I doubt Warrior will be. But I genuinely hope he makes the most of his opportunity. I hate to see folks blow their golden opportunity to make it in life.

38 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

What was wrong w gurley? 

Just didn't play well at all outside of that TD run late in the first half. He dropped a ball into an INT on the Rams first drive. Rams would get into a rhythm without him on the field, so they decided to ride Anderson as the lead back.

Honestly I have no idea how the Rams stayed in the game, they really should have been blown out and left for dead early, but I'm THANKFUL they weren't.

Edited by VoiceofReason95

Ugh just thinking about the Saints playing for a Super Bowl in our stadium and using Falcons facilities to practice was nauseating. So glad the Rams won and super happy for Gurley to get this experience!

Hopefully he can use these next couple weeks to rest up and be ready to have a big game.

Pats and Chiefs both have Dawgs, so it’s exciting from that perspective. I’m hoping for Chiefs though just because that first Rams/Chiefs game was nuts and it would be cool to have 2 teams in that haven’t been in the Super Bowl in a while.

BamaBirdLady and RandomFan like this

So happy to not see the Saints playing in the SB, especially in our stadium. No doubt in my mind that Payton and Brees would have done something to rub it in our faces. Especially had they won the SB. 

RandomFan likes this

YES!!!!   So happy!!!  Boom Saints lost!!  Go Rams!!  I want them to win it all.  I have always rooted for them since I was a kid. 

Wow what a game... New England gets the win so we will have Sony and Gurley both in the Super Bowl! Wow...

Can’t forget Andrews and Wynn. Although Wynn missed the whole season with a torn Achilles. Didn’t realize they had released Malcolm Mitchell.

Wonder if Zamir will be anything close to what he was or will two bum knees make him avg.  wish Holyfield could’ve stayed. Not sure who will be 2nd back- cook just seems to small to run between the tackles as we seem to only do- herrien of course but that is a big drop from swift

45 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Talk about a recruiting tool for our boys.. when was the last time a college had both RBs in the super bowl?

i am trying to remember, but i don't think it has ever happened that both starting rbs are from the same college.