TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,485 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Yeah...that’s not exactly the entire picture. Calvin’s first year was with Coker, not Hurts. Coker attempted almost 400 passes by himself and threw for over 3,000 yards. Coincidentally, that was Ridley’s best year in terms of total usage. For the subsequent seasons, Hurts (2016) put up 382 attempts and 255 (Tua has 77). In comparison, Fromm threw 291 passes in 2017 and 307 this past season. Pretty stark difference there in volume. 

We will see how Riley grades out at the combine, but he has translateable skills and slightly better measurables in terms of height and size over his brother (6’2, 200 lbs). 

Meh, I dont know about stark difference. The 2 years you gave numbers on we threw it at a 84+% of the time Bama did. But Riley's numbers weren't 84+% of Calvins those 2 campaigns. Not that Riley isn't talented. Just those numbers don't really jive.

32 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Meh, I dont know about stark difference. The 2 years you gave numbers on we threw it at a 84+% of the time Bama did. But Riley's numbers weren't 84+% of Calvins those 2 campaigns. Not that Riley isn't talented. Just those numbers don't really jive.

Huh?

Draft has less to do with production and more to do with potential. Riley Ridley has the measurables, all the skills and I’m telling y’all the way we develop receivers as downfield blockers is going to help them a lot with pro scouts. Especially if they have the ideal measurables and other tangible skills. 

Putting Ridley behind Marquise Brown is questionable. Brown is 5’10” and fast. He gets love because of his brother, Antonio Brown. Antonio was drafted in the 6th round because he was also just a 5’10” burner coming out of college. They are about a dime a dozen. Maybe not with Antonio’s speed exactly, but that type of receiver is not highly sought in the draft. He benefited a lot from Big Ben’s big arm, too. 

I think if we used our receivers more in our offense that Ridley would have a bigger reputation. His draft projections are based on a lot more than his stats though.

“They see our class this year and are scared. Plus we are pulling a better 2020 class and they are starting to feel it. Add in the fact Dan owns Kirby as a HC and they see the writing on the wall. Kirby won’t make it past this season and the House of Cards will crumble.

Georgia Sucks!”

this is a very common repeated post on gator boards.. LOL 

14 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

“They see our class this year and are scared. Plus we are pulling a better 2020 class and they are starting to feel it. Add in the fact Dan owns Kirby as a HC and they see the writing on the wall. Kirby won’t make it past this season and the House of Cards will crumble.

Georgia Sucks!”

The Turds are so delusional.  Mullen is a cartoon character and I'm not worried about them beating or outrecruiting us as long as CKS is at UGA and Cousin Eddie is coach of the Gayturds.

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

Georgia Sucks!”

giphy.gif

mike teevee, 95Dawg and Carter like this

You should see them on Twitter anytime Mullen posts one of his cornball photo ops with a recruit. Dudes are on there like “Dan is the realest coach in college football.”

I'm like whoa take it easy out there on the streets of Orlando’s finest suburbs.

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Georgia Sucks!”

200w.gif?cid=3640f6095c3e63ae4f754d52631

mike teevee and 95Dawg like this

Americus just hinted at some news coming tomorrow. It could be recruiting related, but my guess would be the DC hire announcement. 

Edited by RandomFan
AutumnEffect and sdogg like this

LMAO! What the heck is wrong with people?!? OK Barn guy...UGA is about to give college football the 'Ol Number 6 next season: 

Only thing that concerns me is we lay an egg on the road vs an SEC West team every single year so far with Kirby. We better not get cocky for one single game this year. Our margin for error is so small. 

Porter Osborne Jr and sdogg like this

Is it though? We can always afford 1 in season loss then the pre-playoff game to get in playoffs vs bama.. don’t see east teams being good enough for us to not be able to handle 1 lost and still get in seccg