TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,479 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Carter said:

Florida is the next ranked SEC team behind Alabama on the coaches poll. UF, LSU, UGA all bunched together right there at 6, 7, 8 on both AP and coaches.

No idea how UGA gets tied at 7 with UF on the AP poll when we beat them head to head by 3 touchdowns.

Because Florida won their post season exhibition game and UGA did not. 

Playoffs have made postseason polls irrelevant. 

Justin Houston had two sacks, two TFLs, two QB hits, batted down a pass and recovered a fumble against the Colts yesterday, which was Houston’s thirtieth birthday. Andrew Luck had been sacked the fewest times of any quarterback in the league this season. 

17 hours ago, RandomFan said:

I think Mullen must have been drunk

Mullen is an idiot who shows he can't count.

4 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Because Florida won their post season exhibition game and UGA did not. 

Playoffs have made postseason polls irrelevant. 

I get what you’re saying but I refuse to go along with the mentality that everything but a natty is meaningless and everything is irrelevant. People don’t even enjoy watching college football anymore because if you’re not first you’re last.

Like I cant imagine applying that standard to anything else in life. Nick Saban has ruined college football fans lol

1 hour ago, Carter said:

I get what you’re saying but I refuse to go along with the mentality that everything but a natty is meaningless and everything is irrelevant. People don’t even enjoy watching college football anymore because if you’re not first you’re last.

Like I cant imagine applying that standard to anything else in life. Nick Saban has ruined college football fans lol

I never said they were meaningless. What I'm saying is that Deandre Baker sat out the Sugar Bowl. Lot's of guys have sat out the bowl games but they don't sit out conference championship games or playoff games.

Why am I supposed to care more about those games than they do? These bowls are largely exhibitions regardless of how much fans would like to think they aren't.

sdogg likes this

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I never said they were meaningless. What I'm saying is that Deandre Baker sat out the Sugar Bowl. Lot's of guys have sat out the bowl games but they don't sit out conference championship games or playoff games.

Why am I supposed to care more about those games than they do? These bowls are largely exhibitions regardless of how much fans would like to think they aren't.

I’m not going to try to convince anyone that they should like watching football the way I do man. I wish FBS had a more meaningful postseason format to begin with, but if bowls are mostly pointless (and I’m not arguing that they aren’t) then what could I possibly say? We’ve had that postseason system forever now. The playoff is little more than a +1 game, it just isn’t presented as such.

The players have financial reasons that outweigh the risks of playing in a game that doesn’t end with a championship trophy being given to one team. That’s on them. I’m watching and supporting UGA in multiple ways, to include financially... every sanctioned game we compete in means something to me.

But anyway, we were talking about Florida being ranked above or tied with UGA despite the head to head dominant win by UGA and postseason rankings being pointless. I just can’t get behind that. If so much about college football and the final standing of each season felt so pointless to me I can’t imagine I would continue watching. The blatantly inconsistent officiating has been close enough at times for me to get sick of it all. 

The players on my team that are playing in games not caring how they perform in games does not in turn make me not care. It actually does more to infuriate me.

8 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

we got 5 to 6 support positions still needing to be filled.  

Buster Faulkner has been added as an offensive qc.

35 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Buster Faulkner has been added as an offensive qc.

Nice..  Hartley is our te coach as well.. great freaking hire..

CBS latest Mock has Riley Ridley going 19th to Titans.  Isn’t this a massive reach?

Edited by Falconsin2012

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

CBS latest Mock has Riley Ridley going 19th to Titans.  Isn’t this a massive reach?

Nope, his brother killed it and he's getting mocked in the first pretty consistently. I think you guys undervalued him here, same for Nauta.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Nope.. riley Ridley is a 1st round talent.  Our fans usually downgrade our players.

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Nope.. riley Ridley is a 1st round talent.  Our fans usually downgrade our players.

I don't think he is 1st round, especially that high, but not so far off. So my opinion might be a little hair splitting. To me, whether Ridley is low 1st or high 2nd to me possibly speaks to Chaney's poor utilization of talent. I don't believe Ridley's numbers come anywhere close to his talent level. And I know we are run 1st, but there is something to be said about getting the most out of each guy. 

Yo_Lover and Falconsin2012 like this

11 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

I don't think he is 1st round, especially that high, but not so far off. So my opinion might be a little hair splitting. To me, whether Ridley is low 1st or high 2nd to me possibly speaks to Chaney's poor utilization of talent. I don't believe Ridley's numbers come anywhere close to his talent level. And I know we are run 1st, but there is something to be said about getting the most out of each guy. 

I'm not gonna say he is going to go in the first, just that I wouldn't be surprised at all. If I was betting I'd say 2-3.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

23 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I like Riley, but I have him behind AJ Brown, Marquis Brown, Metcalf, Harry, Campbell, Whiteside, Samuel, Harmon & Collin Williams.  This is a deep year for receiver 

Edited by Falconsin2012

13 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Like I said earlier, if Ridley runs below a 4.6, I bet he gets drafted in the 2nd/3rd and has a career that shows us he wasn't targeted enough.

Calvin Ridley had Hurts throwing him the ball and had 2,700 yards in 3 years.  Falcons graves him late in 1st.  So Riley has Fromm (a Passing qb) and gets 1,015 in 3 years yet is mocked higher than his brother.  Seems like a reach.

without Calvin Ridley’s name, Riley is a 5th/6th rd projection IMO

Edited by Falconsin2012

47 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Calvin Ridley had Hurts throwing him the ball and had 2,700 yards in 3 years.  Falcons graves him late in 1st.  So Riley has Fromm (a Passing qb) and gets 1,015 in 3 years yet is mocked higher than his brother.  Seems like a reach.

without Calvin Ridley’s name, Riley is a 5th/6th rd projection IMO

Yeah...that’s not exactly the entire picture. Calvin’s first year was with Coker, not Hurts. Coker attempted almost 400 passes by himself and threw for over 3,000 yards. Coincidentally, that was Ridley’s best year in terms of total usage. For the subsequent seasons, Hurts (2016) put up 382 attempts and 255 (Tua has 77). In comparison, Fromm threw 291 passes in 2017 and 307 this past season. Pretty stark difference there in volume. 

We will see how Riley grades out at the combine, but he has translateable skills and slightly better measurables in terms of height and size over his brother (6’2, 200 lbs). 

If Riley Ridley is a first rounder then the Dawgs passing game is more underachieving than I thought possible.

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

All depends on who it is.. :ninja: