TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,471 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Still nothing on a dc? And is Chaney at the point now where his contract has to be extended or does he have 1 more year? 

Chaney’s contract only ran through 2018. There has been no update on him nor the DC hire. Should hear something soon I think.

2 minutes ago, Red Bandana said:

Did JR Reed declare? I saw him in a mock draft 

Not that I'm aware of.  Would be great to have him back.  I feel like he needs it too.  He dropped off a little from the previous year.  I can't imagine his draft grade was good enough to warrant him to move on.

3 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Bucs are interested in Kirby. Oh this best not happen. 

I don't see Kirby having any interest.   

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

I don't see Kirby having any interest.   

Yeah, I think Kirby is like Richt when it comes to the NFL. Not very interested. 

1 minute ago, sdogg said:

Yeah, I think Kirby is like Richt when it comes to the NFL. Not very interested. 

Yeah.  Kirby is home.

8 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Of course the University of Florida says they will pay his salary up to 5 million per year.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Believe Tyler Clark is staying as well.

Another one who had an off year from the prior season.  Wise move for him too.

95Dawg and sdogg like this

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:13 AM, sdogg said:

This happens all the time with Saban and will happen all the time with Kirby, better get use to it!

When you have a good coach, the rumors about him leaving or other teams wanting him will always be spreading out there, and it sure does beat the alternative. Your coach could be a loser and no one would EVER be interested in him!

sdogg likes this

23 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

This happens all the time with Saban and will happen all the time with Kirby, better get use to it!

When you have a good coach, the rumors about him leaving or other teams wanting him will always be spreading out there, and it sure does beat the alternative. Your coach could be a loser and no one would EVER be interested in him!

Yep.  And expect coaches under Kirby to get poached.  Product of having a good staff.

On 1/5/2019 at 1:05 PM, g-dawg said:

everytime you see a Redshirt Sophmore declare for the draft - safe to say the HC wasted a year of possible production.

Quinnen Williams - redshirt sophomore. I barely new who he was until this year. To be fair though reports confirm that he wasn’t ready as a true freshman and helped just a bit last year. He literally came out of nowhere. 

45 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Quinnen Williams - redshirt sophomore. I barely new who he was until this year. To be fair though reports confirm that he wasn’t ready as a true freshman and helped just a bit last year. He literally came out of nowhere. 

He was a back up to Payne last year and before that Payne was backing up Allen.

That is depth at Bama, something the Falcons certainly lack, but always the way it has been since Saban got there.

Terry Godwin is 'a Georgia guy, forever'

ByJAKE ROWE 27 minutes ago

8771853.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Chris Collins, 247Sports)

It was a somber scene in Georgia's locker room after its 28-21 loss to Texas in the Allstate Sugar Bowl a week ago. Smiles were few and far between while a number of players got in and out as quickly as they could so as to avoid having to talk about what went down.

Senior wide Terry Godwin receiver wasn't among them. Godwin donned his wide trademark grin as he thanked every teammate he came across. This smile, however, was different. This wasn't the fun-loving Godwin who always seemed happy just to play the game that he loved. This smile had a purpose.

Godwin was wearing that grin to keep it together and it wasn't the only thing he was wearing. The former five-star wideout had on his full uniform except for the helmet. When a teammate gave him an odd look because he was the only guy in the room still fully dressed, Godwin cracked a little.

"I don't wanna take this stuff off, man," Godwin said. "I can't."

For Georgia fans, it was the end of a four-year run that saw Godwin rack up 134 catches, 1,800 yards, and 11 receiving touchdowns. He also had rushing and passing touchdowns during his Georgia career, both coming as a freshman in 2015.

Godwin was a part of a large 2015 signing class that Kirby Smart labeled "special" on multiple occasions. The Bulldogs signed 30 prospects in Mark Richt's final group and only 10 of those players saw action 2018. Two, DaQuan Hawkins-Muckle and Justin Young, played sparingly. Several players got medical disqualifications, a few transferred out in search of more playing time, and a couple left early for the 2018 NFL Draft.

By the time Godwin's class had been on campus for four years, it had been depleted, two-thirds of it gone or inactive. But Smart called it special because of the buy-in. Guys like Godwin, D'Andre Walker, Natrez Patrick, Deandre Baker, and Jonathan Ledbetter played in two SEC Championship games with one win, made a College Football Playoff run and came painfully close to a second.

Try our newly enhanced fiber-backed network with blazing fast speeds at a cool price.

Playing a significant role in those two successful seasons with the program is something for which Godwin is grateful. Watching it all end, with a loss, wasn't an easy pill to swallow.

"Inside my head, there's a lot going on," Godwin said, beginning to get a little choked up. "You don't ever know the meaning until you put this jersey on and do what you've got to do for four years, offseason workouts, going through everything with these guys. It means a lot. To take this off one last time, it's tough."

The 5-foot-11, 185-pound pass catcher underwent a transformation during his time in Athens. He went from a skinny, crafty slot receiver in his freshman and sophomore seasons to playing on both the outside and inside during his final two years. Godwin was a liability in the run game when Smart and his staff first arrived but grew into a physical blocker on the edge as a junior and senior.

He leaves Athens having made his mark. Georgia fans won't soon forget his one-handed grab at Notre Dame, the 59-yard touchdown on the Bulldogs' first play from scrimmage against Mississipi State, an electric 75-yard catch and run for a score against Vanderbilt, or his fourth-and-three catch that went 38 yards for a touchdown against Auburn.

The opportunity Godwin got to play at Georgia, something that happened in a summer camp after his freshman year at Callaway High School, is all he ever wanted. He battled through injury and a coaching transition during his time in The Classic City, and he'll bleed red and black no matter where he makes his home in the coming years.

"A lot, a lot," Godwin said when asked what his time at UGA meant to him. "I'm a Georgia guy, forever."

1 hour ago, 95Dawg said:

Terry Godwin is 'a Georgia guy, forever'

ByJAKE ROWE 27 minutes ago

8771853.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Chris Collins, 247Sports)

It was a somber scene in Georgia's locker room after its 28-21 loss to Texas in the Allstate Sugar Bowl a week ago. Smiles were few and far between while a number of players got in and out as quickly as they could so as to avoid having to talk about what went down.

Senior wide Terry Godwin receiver wasn't among them. Godwin donned his wide trademark grin as he thanked every teammate he came across. This smile, however, was different. This wasn't the fun-loving Godwin who always seemed happy just to play the game that he loved. This smile had a purpose.

Godwin was wearing that grin to keep it together and it wasn't the only thing he was wearing. The former five-star wideout had on his full uniform except for the helmet. When a teammate gave him an odd look because he was the only guy in the room still fully dressed, Godwin cracked a little.

"I don't wanna take this stuff off, man," Godwin said. "I can't."

For Georgia fans, it was the end of a four-year run that saw Godwin rack up 134 catches, 1,800 yards, and 11 receiving touchdowns. He also had rushing and passing touchdowns during his Georgia career, both coming as a freshman in 2015.

Godwin was a part of a large 2015 signing class that Kirby Smart labeled "special" on multiple occasions. The Bulldogs signed 30 prospects in Mark Richt's final group and only 10 of those players saw action 2018. Two, DaQuan Hawkins-Muckle and Justin Young, played sparingly. Several players got medical disqualifications, a few transferred out in search of more playing time, and a couple left early for the 2018 NFL Draft.

By the time Godwin's class had been on campus for four years, it had been depleted, two-thirds of it gone or inactive. But Smart called it special because of the buy-in. Guys like Godwin, D'Andre Walker, Natrez Patrick, Deandre Baker, and Jonathan Ledbetter played in two SEC Championship games with one win, made a College Football Playoff run and came painfully close to a second.

Try our newly enhanced fiber-backed network with blazing fast speeds at a cool price.

Playing a significant role in those two successful seasons with the program is something for which Godwin is grateful. Watching it all end, with a loss, wasn't an easy pill to swallow.

"Inside my head, there's a lot going on," Godwin said, beginning to get a little choked up. "You don't ever know the meaning until you put this jersey on and do what you've got to do for four years, offseason workouts, going through everything with these guys. It means a lot. To take this off one last time, it's tough."

The 5-foot-11, 185-pound pass catcher underwent a transformation during his time in Athens. He went from a skinny, crafty slot receiver in his freshman and sophomore seasons to playing on both the outside and inside during his final two years. Godwin was a liability in the run game when Smart and his staff first arrived but grew into a physical blocker on the edge as a junior and senior.

He leaves Athens having made his mark. Georgia fans won't soon forget his one-handed grab at Notre Dame, the 59-yard touchdown on the Bulldogs' first play from scrimmage against Mississipi State, an electric 75-yard catch and run for a score against Vanderbilt, or his fourth-and-three catch that went 38 yards for a touchdown against Auburn.

The opportunity Godwin got to play at Georgia, something that happened in a summer camp after his freshman year at Callaway High School, is all he ever wanted. He battled through injury and a coaching transition during his time in The Classic City, and he'll bleed red and black no matter where he makes his home in the coming years.

"A lot, a lot," Godwin said when asked what his time at UGA meant to him. "I'm a Georgia guy, forever."

that an awesome article.. thanks for posting.