TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,544 posts in this topic

What I like that is being undersold is RB Brian Herrien - I am assuming he is staying now with opportunity to be #2 or #3.

I know a lot of you aren’t big fans of his but the kid can play - he’s better than you think!

sdogg likes this

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

What I like that is being undersold is RB Brian Herrien - I am assuming he is staying now with opportunity to be #2 or #3.

I know a lot of you aren’t big fans of his but the kid can play - he’s better than you think!

I sure hope he is staying.  He was used a fair amount in the bowl game and played hard, as usual.  We will need Herrien early in the season, until Zeus is a full go and has more confidence.

g-dawg likes this

So, who do we see as the leaders on both sides of the ball next year? Guys that will step up and squash any mutiny before it starts..

14 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

So, who do we see as the leaders on both sides of the ball next year? Guys that will step up and squash any mutiny before it starts..

Offense - Ben Cleveland, Brian Herrien 

Defense - JR Reid, ???

Jake Fromm needs to step out of his buddy role into being leader of entire team.

m2Falcons, sdogg and Falconsin2012 like this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Defense - JR Reid, ???

Putting Fromm in there was too soon, no?  

I agree with Cleveland.  Fromm will be the biggest leader overall.  Could see Mays step up too, despite his youth.  Hopefully Thomas will be vocal.  On defense, hoping Reed and not sure who else.

Edited by Turkeydawg

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Defense - JR Reid, ???

Jake Fromm needs to step out of his buddy role into being leader of entire team.

Pretty sure Fromm will.. He's got that trait..

Think Swift can be added as well..

On D, I'm thinking LeCounte, but only after he learns to wrap up! And Jordan Davis?

Someone I expected to kill it this past year and leave early, was Clark.  Hopefully with Davis playing nt from the start, plus Wyatt coming on, it'll free up Clark some.  We also need better lb play, both inside and out.

TheTrue7 likes this

Posted (edited)

Early enrollees:

Stetson Bennett 

Dwan Matthis

Clay Webb

Warren McClendon

Ryland Goede

Trammel Walthour

Jermaine Johnson

Nolan Smith

Nakobe Dean

Trezman Marshall

Rian Davis

DJ Daniel

Lewis Cine

*** hopefully Tyrique Stevenson 

Edited by Turkeydawg

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Someone I expected to kill it this past year and leave early, was Clark.  Hopefully with Davis playing nt from the start, plus Wyatt coming on, it'll free up Clark some.  We also need better lb play, both inside and out.

YES! I remember seeing him coming on at the end of the previous year thinking this gonna be good.. Then not much of anything this year..

9 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

YES! I remember seeing him coming on at the end of the previous year thinking this gonna be good.. Then not much of anything this year..

Not having Thompson beside him and Roquan behind him, made things more difficult. 

3 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Not having Thompson beside him and Roquan behind him, made things more difficult. 

Not sure about Thompson.. that's another head scratcher..

But yes, it would be an understatement to say that we missed Roquan.. What a player!

Falconsin2012 and g-dawg like this

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

But yes, it would be an understatement to say that we missed Roquan.. What a player!

Thompson took on double teams and helped keep our lb's clean.  Davis will be a monster next year.

Edited by Turkeydawg
g-dawg likes this

2 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Thompson took on double teams and helped keep our lb's clean.  

Was more talking about how great he was, then left early after a bad year, went undrafted, and recently released..

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Was more talking about how great he was, then left early after a bad year, went undrafted, and recently released..

Yeah, head scratcher for sure.  Weird situation with the medical stuff, losing weight etc.  He got some poor guidance regarding his future. 

g-dawg likes this

4 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yeah, head scratcher for sure.  Weird situation with the medical stuff, losing weight etc.  He got some poor guidance regarding his future. 

Unless you’re a RB or a surefire 1st/2nd round pick, coming back is usually a better option.  

There are 96-100 slots in first three rounds and there are 300 football players that strongly believe they will go in first three rounds - go figure.

m2Falcons and TheTrue7 like this

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Unless you’re a RB or a surefire 1st/2nd round pick, coming back is usually a better option.  

There are 96-100 slots in first three rounds and there are 300 football players that strongly believe they will go in first three rounds - go figure.

Yeah.  I get it for some guys who need the money asap, but many would be best suited to continue and develop.  At the very least, they would be walking away with a degree. 

TheTrue7 and g-dawg like this

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yeah.  I get it for some guys who need the money asap, but many would be best suited to continue and develop.  At the very least, they would be walking away with a degree. 

yep, you are more likely to not ever complete your college degree than get a career ender that 4th year.  Risk/Reward.

Problem is hope springs eternal w/ all these players and their families that are so convinced that their son/friend/cousin/teammate is gonna go early - I just know it!

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I couldnt find your post but definitely agree.  Our fans need to get used to this.  It is going to happen often when we recruit on an elite level yearly.

Often like every year. That’s why Saban and Kirby rotate so many young players. They have to get them ready because they’ll be gone in 3 years. Red shirting for many players is a waste of a year. The kids coming out of big time high school programs are so much further along mentally and physically than 25 years ago.  It’s not even close. But you know that. 

SacFalcFan likes this

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

Often like every year. That’s why Saban and Kirby rotate so many young players. They have to get them ready because they’ll be gone in 3 years. Red shirting for many players is a waste of a year. The kids coming out of big time high school programs are so much further along mentally and physically than 25 years ago.  It’s not even close. But you know that. 

Absolutely right.  No point in sitting if you can help us now.  More prepared for the next year and also a good selling point.  

12 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Absolutely right.  No point in sitting if you can help us now.  More prepared for the next year and also a good selling point.  

everytime you see a Redshirt Sophmore declare for the draft - safe to say the HC wasted a year of possible production.

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Que Dean, the mini-Roquan

TheTrue7 likes this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Que Dean, the mini-Roquan

Looking forward to more Rice too.. What was a negative (LBs) could quickly turn into a huge positive..

Falconsin2012 likes this

Still nothing on a dc? And is Chaney at the point now where his contract has to be extended or does he have 1 more year?