TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,404 posts in this topic

UGA opens as 8.5 point favorites at LSU next week. Kinda figured it would be more, but meh. 

Edited by RandomFan

26 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

UGA opens as 8.5 point favorites at LSU next week. Kinda figured it would be more, but meh. 

I believe it dropped to 7.

15 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

I believe it dropped to 7.

I think it probably settles at 6.5 by Saturday. We’ll be lucky to cover imo... one of the youngest teams in the country going into Baton Rouge, it’s gonna be tough.

AutumnEffect likes this

21 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Don't have Insider any more, but here was someone's quick write up on the general synopsis:

It is basically saying Kirby is mirroring some of the things Saban did but is mixing up his own imprint on the program. He built a culture of accountability with doing things the right way that took players to get used to when they were confronted.

UGA has elite talent within 4 hours from Athens for recruits.

Practices are hard as **** and make the games easy according to Javon Wims.

We will need to be consistent in success to be considered elite. We have only finished in the top 10 in two consecutive years a few times. This needs to be more the norm.

And that we do not go all in for football as the main focus of the University like Alabama does because we emphasize academics and other sports as well. I had to give McEars a little for the dig to Alabama academics on that.

A lot of it was stuff we already know on this board but the nation is not aware.

Every recruit needs to see this. What a NFL coach thinks about GA

During a conference call on Monday with reporters, offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels talked about Sony Michel’s physicality and toughness.

“Yeah, Sony’s a tough kid – runs hard, certainly willing to engage in contact, and he was at Georgia, like the way he finishes runs and he’s a tough guy to bring down,” McDaniels said. “So, his run style, I think, fits what we try to do here, and hopefully he’ll continue to improve and get better and make progress as we go forward. But, I think we’ve seen some decent things from him here in the first few weeks that he’s been up and active, and we’ll continue to try to work hard to get better.”

Take it fwiw but I listened to Greg McElroy on the radio today and his take on Fromm and Fields was that Fromm should still be the guy. His argument was that Fields is a little late on his passes and he feels he's not quite up to the speed of play in the passing game. 

Whether that's true or not I have noticed that as great as Fields throws it, I feel like his release is a little long and maybe that accounts for some of that. 

2 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

jsahbiewbqgcrrwwmyhl.gif

Leonard Floyd and Roquan Smith, future WWE tag team champions 47tu0fs.png

can't believe they called a penalty on that..  all they did was tackle the guy and put him on the ground. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

can't believe they called a penalty on that..  all they did was tackle the guy and put him on the ground. 

Well it was funny to watch but my Phins need all the help they can get. 

1 hour ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Take it fwiw but I listened to Greg McElroy on the radio today and his take on Fromm and Fields was that Fromm should still be the guy. His argument was that Fields is a little late on his passes and he feels he's not quite up to the speed of play in the passing game. 

Whether that's true or not I have noticed that as great as Fields throws it, I feel like his release is a little long and maybe that accounts for some of that. 

Fields has 25 college career throws in his LIFE.  Trying to determine flaws in FIELDS throwing motion on that sample size would be like trying to predict an MLB player’s lifetime batting average by watching one game.

sdogg and Yo_Lover like this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Fields has 25 college career throws in his LIFE.  Trying to determine flaws in FIELDS throwing motion on that sample size would be like trying to predict an MLB player’s lifetime batting average by watching one game.

im sure the coaches see something we don’t during practice and meetings. 

Edited by Ga_spider