TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,543 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me what the “sad news” about Jim Chaney that Jake Rowe posted about on 247 is about? 

2 hours ago, Lennon said:

Can anyone tell me what the “sad news” about Jim Chaney that Jake Rowe posted about on 247 is about? 

According to John FitzPatrick Chaney's brother passed away recently. Told us that Chaney has been out of pocket for the past few days with all of that going on. Tough 6 months for the UGA assistant coach. Lost a close friend during the 2017 season in Joe Tiller...

there you go.. :)

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I thought this was interesting.. even with the seniors starting UGA was the 2nd youngest team in the SEC and top 12 in the country.  we played 3rd most freshman this year so we got a lot of snaps for our younger guys. 

https://philsteele.com/2017/06/23/2017-experience-chart-page-29-of-magazine/

But, but, but.... we lost 31 seniors! :lol: 

11 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I thought this was interesting.. even with the seniors starting UGA was the 2nd youngest team in the SEC and top 12 in the country.  we played 3rd most freshman this year so we got a lot of snaps for our younger guys. 

https://philsteele.com/2017/06/23/2017-experience-chart-page-29-of-magazine/

Is this the right link?  I don't see anything about the number of freshman play this year and it looks this is saying that we were the 12th most experienced team in 2017, # 6 for Power 5 conference teams.

36 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

Is this the right link?  I don't see anything about the number of freshman play this year and it looks this is saying that we were the 12th most experienced team in 2017, # 6 for Power 5 conference teams.

i screwed that up.. LOL  need to not post past midnight.  you are right.  the playing the 3rd most freshman was from an interview yesterday i heard on xm radio college sports station, i believe the mark packer show.  they were discussing next year's SEC squad and they were talking about even though we would be a young team we have played the 3rd most freshman this year which is a big thing that the young guys got into games and go some game experience. 

22 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

According to John FitzPatrick Chaney's brother passed away recently. Told us that Chaney has been out of pocket for the past few days with all of that going on. Tough 6 months for the UGA assistant coach. Lost a close friend during the 2017 season in Joe Tiller...

there you go.. :)

Sad to hear that, it’s definitely been a rough year for him personally. Thanks for the info, Sac!

SacFalcFan likes this

5 hours ago, Lennon said:

Sad to hear that, it’s definitely been a rough year for him personally. Thanks for the info, Sac!

your welcome and definitely agree.. it's been a rough on. 

35 minutes ago, Carter said:

Eason has moved from Athens. I believe he will be enrolling at Washington in March or April as their academic calendar is on quarters and not semesters. 

Good luck to him. Hope he shines.

Carter, 95Dawg and ncgodawgs like this

Eason never seemed like a fit to me. The southern lifestyle never seemed to be his"thing". Im sure he enjoyed SEVERAL southern belle's during his time here,but Fromm is the quintessential GA boy to his heart tho and you could tell as he took us on that magical ride.

2 hours ago, lju713 said:

Eason never seemed like a fit to me. The southern lifestyle never seemed to be his"thing". Im sure he enjoyed SEVERAL southern belle's during his time here,but Fromm is the quintessential GA boy to his heart tho and you could tell as he took us on that magical ride.

IDK man if you ask me all it takes is wanting to be a Dawg and he sure as **** did. Feel awful for the kid since he never did anything to earn this bad situation and probably worked his tail off. Hoping he can rebound.

8 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

IDK man if you ask me all it takes is wanting to be a Dawg and he sure as **** did. Feel awful for the kid since he never did anything to earn this bad situation and probably worked his tail off. Hoping he can rebound.

I hope he has a great career at Washington, but working his tail off in Athens he did not.  I was a big Eason fan, but he had never been challenged before coming to UGA and that followed him.  I think losing the starting job was probably the best thing that could have happened to him, as I am sure it was  humbling and he knows that he will have to work his arse off to be the starter at Washington.  As was said, he was a DGD and he handled this situation admirably.

mike teevee and 95Dawg like this

Good thing Fromm's parents have some money.

I wouldn't want that dinner tab.  Wonder how much Ben and Cade put away.

16 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Good thing Fromm's parents have some money.

I wouldn't want that dinner tab.  Wonder how much Ben and Cade put away.

Who is in between Ben and Cade? Baseball player Tony Locey or someone else? Can't 100% identify the face... Assuming that's the "Tony" referenced, but figured I'd check.

1 hour ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Who is in between Ben and Cade? Baseball player Tony Locey or someone else? Can't 100% identify the face... Assuming that's the "Tony" referenced, but figured I'd check.

Yeah I'm not quite sure exactly who. 

It may be him but I'm not positive 

13 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

https://www.ndtscouting.com/georgia-linebacker-roquan-smith-poised-star-nfl/

There won’t be ten better prospects than Smith in this class, and I expect his stock to just keep rising following the combine.

Agreed... Would have sacrificed a goat or an Auburn fan to keep him for one more season... or to start a clone project for future UGA ILBs... :lol: 

LOL... I can't even tell who that is doing the rapping, but Brian Herrien's face in this video is amazing. Looks like Terry Godwin to the right in the video cheesing (before you hit play)

ETA: from a while ago, but I hadn't seen it. Was going through Fields' tweets to see how much was going on with this Bush discussion people were talking about. (relatively tame)

Edited by fibonaccisquared
Billy Ocean and Carter like this

20 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

LOL... I can't even tell who that is doing the rapping, but Brian Herrien's face in this video is amazing. Looks like Terry Godwin to the right in the video cheesing (before you hit play)

ETA: from a while ago, but I hadn't seen it. Was going through Fields' tweets to see how much was going on with this Bush discussion people were talking about. (relatively tame)

That’s freshman walk-on TE Wix Patton... and Herrien’s facial expression is incredible lol... great find.

fibonaccisquared likes this