TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,678 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2018 at 3:23 PM, LawDawg said:

Baker coming back for his senior year.

Never understood why he was even thinking of turning pro - but glad he is back!

On 1/15/2018 at 0:56 PM, 95Dawg said:

DGD

giphy.gif

Good lawd!  I have never seen a player with his play recognition combined with the jets to outrun every angle.  Roquan is Superman!

sdogg and 95Dawg like this

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Good lawd!  I have never seen a player with his play recognition combined with the jets to outrun every angle.  Roquan is Superman!

Combine that with him being such a great tackler and it's almost unfair.

95Dawg likes this

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

This tweet about GT AD being named to the CFP Selection Committee. Just perfect!

Brandon Adams @DawgNationDaily 

They wanted someone who wouldn’t ever have to recuse himself.twitter.com/cfbheather/sta…

:lol: Honest question, do committee members have to recuse themselves in regards to rival schools?

95Dawg and SacFalcFan like this

34 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

:lol: Honest question, do committee members have to recuse themselves in regards to rival schools?

no they don't.. they only have to recuse themselves if they have a connection with the school in question.  they also have to recuse themselves if they have to vote on a team that their team they are connected to might play another team.. like frank beamer couldn't vote for the 4th team in the cfp because uga might have to play them in the title game. 

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

no they don't.. they only have to recuse themselves if they have a connection with the school in question.  they also have to recuse themselves if they have to vote on a team that their team they are connected to might play another team.. like frank beamer couldn't vote for the 4th team in the cfp because uga might have to play them in the title game. 

Had a feeling that would be the case... Ultimately, GT AD would lose a lot of credibility by actively campaigning against us (or other rivals) in the future (as would Stricklin)... but meetings do happen behind closed doors, and it's political... Ultimately, would not anticipate us getting a Bama like backdoor into the playoffs anyways, so going to have to win in Atlanta in December in all likelihood.

SacFalcFan likes this

1 hour ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Had a feeling that would be the case... Ultimately, GT AD would lose a lot of credibility by actively campaigning against us (or other rivals) in the future (as would Stricklin)... but meetings do happen behind closed doors, and it's political... Ultimately, would not anticipate us getting a Bama like backdoor into the playoffs anyways, so going to have to win in Atlanta in December in all likelihood.

the GT AD was actually being interviewed on the local radio and they asked him about UGA losing in the title game and he was very happy.  he said as an AD and a GT fan it is great to see Georgia fail and everytime UGA loses it's a win for GT.  this guy is going to be part of the CFP process. 

20 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

the GT AD was actually being interviewed on the local radio and they asked him about UGA losing in the title game and he was very happy.  he said as an AD and a GT fan it is great to see Georgia fail and everytime UGA loses it's a win for GT.  this guy is going to be part of the CFP process. 

Sounds like every Tech fan I know.

95Dawg, g-dawg and AutumnEffect like this

34 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

13 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

c8efdb010652bec71bda7fcc001792b6a44b66f6

16 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

don't disagree, but this guy is going to be responsible for contributing to the decision making of who is or isn't in the college football playoff.  i don't agree at all that any sitting AD should be in this committee at all.  

47 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

LOL... missed that. Fan. Freaking. Tastic.

95Dawg and g-dawg like this

6 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

This tweet about GT AD being named to the CFP Selection Committee. Just perfect!

Brandon Adams @DawgNationDaily 

They wanted someone who wouldn’t ever have to recuse himself.twitter.com/cfbheather/sta…

This, is ridiculous. Dude is straight up saying he wants us to fail. 

SacFalcFan and 95Dawg like this

You expect fans to say stuff like that - but the AD?  Wow.....

I feel even better about the wrong direction of that program with this AD and re-upping PJ.

No class.

SacFalcFan and m2Falcons like this

3 minutes ago, sdogg said:

This, is ridiculous. Dude is straight up saying he wants us to fail. 

He should have to recuse himself when the committee votes on Georgia if we are in the mix in 2018.

95Dawg, sdogg and SacFalcFan like this

Fromm' highlight

first    Man he didn't play like a freshman

second.   It seemed against Appy we used the TEs a lot but poof after that

sdogg likes this

So apparently it has been confirmed that Deangelo Gibbs is not enrolled at UGA this semester. No word from UGA on what his situation is or if he is even expected to return. 

2 hours ago, Carter said:

So apparently it has been confirmed that Deangelo Gibbs is not enrolled at UGA this semester. No word from UGA on what his situation is or if he is even expected to return. 

Yep, sucks but there is still hope he makes it back. From another board:

What I am hearing on Gibbs

Rusty Mansell -

Obviously I do not get into some topics and personal issues. Not going to do it and will not. Hearing from multiple sources he is not at UGA enrolled and working on some issues off the field. Odds he makes it back to UGA as a player? Was told "50/50"

So that is what I am hearing and wish the young man the best, he is very talented player but he is working on other things right now. That is what I have heard..

There are really only 3 main things it could be: Drugs/Alcohol; depression issues; or grades. Since it was initially reported as a "medical" issue, I doubt it is grades. And since he's been lumped into the Natrez conversation from some of the other Dawg players, I would assume it's drugs/alcohol related. I saw it happen many many times in Athens when new freshmen kids would come in and get their first taste of freedom; they didn't know how to handle it and went off the deep end without a rope.

I just hope the young man gets a handle on the situation and is able to take advantage of the opportunity in front of him.

Edited by RandomFan

The Southeastern Conference had 27 players elect to bypass their remaining eligibility for this year’s draft, with Monday marking the deadline for players to decide. LSU led the league with six early departures, followed by the five from Alabama and four each from Auburn and Florida. Georgia certainly took a hit with the departure of its senior leadership, and Roquan Smith’s exit will certainly be felt, but I see three teams the Dawgs will face this season that suffered greater losses from junior exits.

SacFalcFan and sdogg like this