TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,407 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Carter said:

We talked about this many times over the years and no one wanted to hear it while Richt was here and being rejected over and over on his requests. For many people he was simply failing to deliver. Now part of Richt’s “problem” (if you want to call it that) may have been that he didn’t know how to get what he wanted from the UGA administration, but the athletic department demonstrated an almost reckless disregard for supporting the football program for many years. There were definitely issues with roster management and some bad evals on recruits as well. I’m no fan of Jeremy Pruitt but I think he really started those wheels in motion toward making changes. Thankfully UGA and Richt are both in better situations now. It’s very eye opening what Kirby has been able to do so far. 

I think what Donnan said is right.  With EVERYBODY recruiting this state you have to not give the elite recruits ANY reason to go elsewhere.  We were giving them plenty of reasons in the past and our neighbors took full advantage of it.  But with the new Butts Mehre in place, a season like 2017, and elite recruiters like McGee and Pittman (who frightens me) on the staff, the sky is the limit for the program.  

2 hours ago, 95Dawg said:
D'Andre Swift’s PFF College grade is higher than true freshman stars like Jonathan Taylor, Cam Akers and J.K. Dobbins. Best Freshman RB in the Country!

but but akers is the best rb eva.. lol i swear.. swift's is afreakingmazing. 

9 minutes ago, MemphibianDawg said:

An easy decision for them I would think. Ledbetter would've had a low round draft grade. Reed would've been better, but not in the first two rounds.

247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-Bulldogs-Stetson-Bennett-plays-role-of-Oklahoma-Sooners-quarterback-Baker-Mayfield-draws-rave-reviews-from-Mel-Tucker-Roquan-Smith-112877553

Um, can somebody get Kirby to pick some lottery ticket numbers for me?

"A little unknown fact, most people don't know, is that I was once committed to Alabama and Kirby actually told me that he would still coach me one day after I switched my commitment to Georgia," Ledbetter said. "Little did I know he would become our head coach."

Sixteen months later, Smart was named head coach at the University of Georgia.

"It was kind of prophetic," Ledbetter said. "And the way it played out was kind of crazy. The first day he came in, he looked at me and said 'I told you I would.' I had not seen him in like two years."

“I haven’t thought about it. I haven’t thought about the process yet,” Baker said. “I’ll do it after the season.”

Baker said he hasn’t yet sough information from the NFL, indicating he would eventually. He also said he would speak to his coaches after the season.

“I need something accurate,” Baker said.

The deadline for underclassmen to declare is Jan. 15, a week after the college football national championship game, which Georgia will play in if it beats Oklahoma in Monday’s Rose Bowl.

On 12/30/2017 at 5:41 PM, STI885 said:

I seen somewhere a few weeks ago that Deandre Baker would get a 2nd grade. I hope all the juniors come back other than roquan.

Dammit... Really hoping he comes back. He's been really good this year. First round in the cards next season if he followed up with similar performance next season. 

2 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Someone please remove this article from the internet immediately!!!!   We don't need everyone knowing the UGA Process!

Seriously though, the Force has Awakened and Jedi Kirby is about to reset the future!!!!  Long Live the Kang!!

95Dawg likes this