TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

12,522 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

The coaches have obviously decided that Fromm is the guy. I too would love to see Eason in there but the coaches get to see these guys in practice and the film room. So my guess is that Fromm is just simply out doing Eason in practice. I trust our coaches 100%, Kirby will play the guy who gives us the best chance to win 

I'm not contesting either of those things. I'm saying that even if Eason is going to be the backup, he should still be getting more reps in these blowouts in the event his services are necessary at some point.  

41 minutes ago, BrockSamson said:

I'm not contesting either of those things. I'm saying that even if Eason is going to be the backup, he should still be getting more reps in these blowouts in the event his services are necessary at some point.  

I think the situation is less critical, as it relates to the backup, seeing as how the backup in question has a full season under his belt. Again, I think it's more critical to get Fromm snaps as he needs to see as many live bullets as possible. I would be fine with 2 or so series for Eason after the game is wrapped up.

This here.  I'll admit I wanted Eason back too but what Fromm has done with this team and supposedly is seen as a true leader I'm sold. Sorry Jacob I just don't see you winning your job back. 

IMG_3994.JPG

From 247

Following his performance, Fromm now leads the SEC with a 170.4 passer efficiency, 10 points ahead of Ole Miss signal-caller Shea Patterson. Fromm's passer efficiency is good for No. 8 overall in the country, while Fromm is No. 7 among quarterbacks with 9.6 yards per attempt. Through seven games, Fromm has completed 75-of-121 passes (62 %) for 1,162 yards, 12 touchdowns, and three interceptions, while rushing for 74 yards and three touchdowns.

If the season ended with those numbers, Fromm's single-season completion percentage (62%) would be good for No. 7 all-time at Georgia, while his single-season passer rating (170.4) would be No. 2 all-time, behind only Aaron Murray, who had a 174.82 passer rating in 2012.

Edited by 95Dawg

Eason could leave and end up a very high draft pick. That is what is crazy to me. But Fromm has the job. But it wouldn't surprise me if Eason is number one overall pick in two years.

9 minutes ago, GAbred said:

Eason could leave and end up a very high draft pick. That is what is crazy to me. But Fromm has the job. But it wouldn't surprise me if Eason is number one overall pick in two years.

Can see that. 

I just don't see how you bench Fromm right now.

Crazy to think about Jacob's predicament. 

2 hours ago, GAbred said:

I sort of disagree. Eason has pro style physical talents but he is undraftable right now because he is not focused  on the task. He isn't mature in that way and I'm doubting he ever will be. He might mature and get his act together with two years of playing elsewhere to the point he rises in the draft, but he might not.

1 hour ago, m2Falcons said:

I sort of disagree. Eason has pro style physical talents but he is undraftable right now because he is not focused  on the task. He isn't mature in that way and I'm doubting he ever will be. He might mature and get his act together with two years of playing elsewhere to the point he rises in the draft, but he might not.

Where are you getting that stuff from? Supposedly he was doing well in off season. We never saw enough this year to really judge. It also sounds like he's handling the current situation pretty well. I'm no insider but that is all the stuff I have heard here and elsewhere. 

I’m just curious how every one is feeling about Chaney now? I told you for good or bad you couldn’t judge him based off one season.  This team all around has pretty much exceeded all of my expectations.  Chaney included, he is learning and changing as the season progresses.

I for one wasn’t excited about Chaney and after last year worried he would hinder our recruiting. 

I can see that he has made in game adjustments and is calling great games, especially in the second half of games. To me that speaks volumes. 

I still I’ll hate to wildcat formations and have enjoyed not seeing them much this week. 

The reason I liked the Chaney hire from the beginning was because he’s a veteran guy Kirby could turn the offense over to and not have to worry about it. Either Kirby had control last year or the offense was just that bad but either way Chaney and the offense have more freedom this year and it’s paying off. He’s still not the greatest out there but he’s getting the job done. And recruits seem to like him. 

1 hour ago, LawDawg said:

Swift has exceeded my expectations. Even with Chubb, Michel, Herrien, and Holyfield in the backfield, what he's done is remarkable. RBU!

It’s scary what this backfield will look like over the next couple years! 

2 hours ago, LawDawg said:

Swift has exceeded my expectations. Even with Chubb, Michel, Herrien, and Holyfield in the backfield, what he's done is remarkable. RBU!

Yup!  Adding White, and potentially Cook, next year; will have at least 2 years together of White+Swift+Herrien+Holyfield+?

Gonna' pound that rock!!! Throw in the element of Justin Fields at QB and things get crazy with the stout OL personnel group being built in Athens.

22 hours ago, richham said:

I’m just curious how every one is feeling about Chaney now? I told you for good or bad you couldn’t judge him based off one season.  This team all around has pretty much exceeded all of my expectations.  Chaney included, he is learning and changing as the season progresses.

I watched a little bit of the Liberty bowl vs TCU and my first thought was that its hard to believe its the same OC as last season.    I'm excited to see them willing to be much more varied offensively which was a big concern of mine based on 2016.   Clearly both he and Kirby learned from last season as well as learned this team and its all come together beautifully.   

fibonaccisquared likes this

5 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

It’s scary what this backfield will look like over the next couple years! 

Swift, White, Holyfield, and Herrian are the future. Throw a potential Cook and the mix and we just continue to re-load. #RBU

sdogg likes this

If Georgia wins the East and Alabama wins the West as expected, it would be the 12th time a Saban-coached team faced one of his former assistants. Smart would try to do what Derek Dooley (0-3), Jim McElwain (0-3), Will Muschamp (0-2), Mark Dantonio (0-2) and Jimbo Fisher (0-1) couldn't: beat the master. Saban is 11-0 against his former pupils, with all of those wins by a margin of at least 14 points.

i1m7eeM.gif

Yo_Lover, joefalco and 95Dawg like this