TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

12,241 posts in this topic

I am amazed at how easily these kids seem to find there way into trouble.  If your going to smoke dope, be smart about it.  Georgia has to lead the nation in all time silliest/most preventable arrests.

6 hours ago, Red Bandana said:

I heard it was low quality weed too smh pretty much got arrested for nothing 

Who cares...it doesn't make a bit of difference.

I don't really care of anyone's personal belief regarding weed.  i see way too many people trying to excuse these type of arrests away because it shouldn't be this or that.. it is ILLEGAL and we have very tough testing as well.  playing football at UGA is a privilege not a right and it's not that hard to not take break the law and embarrass your coach and the program.  just unbelievable how stupid some players can be.

7 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I don't really care of anyone's personal belief regarding weed.  i see way too many people trying to excuse these type of arrests away because it shouldn't be this or that.. it is ILLEGAL and we have very tough testing as well.  playing football at UGA is a privilege not a right and it's not that hard to not take break the law and embarrass your coach and the program.  just unbelievable how stupid some players can be.

agree

7 hours ago, richham said:

I am amazed at how easily these kids seem to find there way into trouble.  If your going to smoke dope, be smart about it.  Georgia has to lead the nation in all time silliest/most preventable arrests.

agree 

Smh...

I think it should be legal, but agree that until it is it needs to be enforced... equally at all schools. Especially for scholarship players. Players have to be smarter than that, too. If you're gonna do it, don't be so cavalier that you think a cop won't arrest you.

59 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

So he will miss two games?

if the charges are dropped then he won't miss any game.. if he is found guilty then he will miss at least a game.. that isn't debatable.  that is school policy (10% of games) which is rounded down to 1 game.  

after reading the police report I don't see anyway riley is not suspended at least 1 game. 

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

after reading the police report I don't see anyway riley is not suspended at least 1 game. 

Should have kept his mouth shut. There were multiple bags and he admitted to buying it in Florida. That is 2 potential felony charges right there. He's lucky they only charged him with the misdemeanor.

57 minutes ago, Red Bandana said:

Idc if y'all don't care lmao 

I don't really care that he smokes marijuana. What I do care about is that it hurts the team and he took it out of Kirby's hands by saying everything he did. UGA puts itself at a disadvantage enough with the way they typically handle these things anyway.

8 hours ago, Carter said:

Should have kept his mouth shut. There were multiple bags and he admitted to buying it in Florida. That is 2 potential felony charges right there. He's lucky they only charged him with the misdemeanor.

riley is very fortunate.  riley shouldn't have said jack, but probably freaked out and decided to be honest.  now that honesty might have actually helped him.  i know of plenty of examples of officers charging a misdemeanor when they could have done more due to a person being honest and not trying to lie their way out of it.  so often lying only ticks off the officer even more.  i had a friend who was drinking at 16 years old and the officer asked the question:  "were you guys drinking?".. they kept lying to him and he knew better.  he finally said if you are honest with me I will let you call your parents to come and pick you up.  so he asked them again "were you guys drinking?".. one of the 5 kids said yes sir i was drinking so he was picked up by the parents.  the other 4 continued to lie and they were arrested for underage drinking.  LOLOL.  

Brice Ramsey just announced he is transferring away after graduation in May

yep.. brice ramsey and reggie wilkerson looking to transfer. not surprised.. brice someone most expected to leave.  

Yeah the Ramsey one doesn't surprise me the least bit. I said some time ago that I'd be floored if he stayed. He really had no reason to stay, besides just allegiance to UGA. He never had any kind of future here, from the moment that the 2016 class was signed.

Wish him Luck

I'll be surprised if there aren't more transfers between now and the season, especially along the OL. I could definitely see some of these OL guys realizing after spring practices and G-Day, and then later after the rest of the class joins them, that their chances of seeing the field here are between slim and none.

I could also see a guy like Crowder transferring, depending on how his transition is going.

oh yeah we will have a few more transfers.. that is just usual attrition. 

Is that the same Wilkerson that made the comment on social media after a loss? Something about that's why you don't treat players like that or along those lines... 

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Is that the same Wilkerson that made the comment on social media after a loss? Something about that's why you don't treat players like that or along those lines... 

Yeah, one and the same. He said it wasn't about the game and supposedly it got squashed anyway, so that particular tidbit died a quick death. He's transferring as a business decision... he has had some injury issues and I think he has played in all of like 16 games or so in 4 years at UGA. He said it has been the best 4 years of his life and he is leaving with no bad feelings, it's just a business decision.

Guessing he expects he can get more playing time elsewhere (likely Mississippi State imo unless UGA blocks them, which would just look bad coming off a year in which we fought hard to get Maurice Smith from Bama) and have a better shot at getting to the league. Can't say I blame him.

TheTrue7 likes this