TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,406 posts in this topic

On Thursday, December 01, 2016 at 10:18 PM, 2dawghouse said:

Sorry I don't agree. WLOCP is what it is cause it's a neutral game site.  Theres tradition, a rites of passage for young players to play in the game in Jacksonville and fans to attend in Jacksonville 

Looking at it from UGA's point of view, Rusty is correct.  Its essentially a home game for UF, 70 miles from Gainesville compared to 350 from Athens.  You lose out on an opportunity to get kids on campus, and as we know, getting them on campus is huge.  Additionally, I feel like the game has lost its identity.  H*ll,  I don't even know what it's called any more since apparently saying cocktail is a bad word. The game feels more like a bowl game than anything else.  I've been to the game in Jax and I was there in 95 when it was in Gainesville and to me, I'd prefer to see it as a home and home.

If it stays as it is, so be it.  But it wouldn't hurt my feelings to play one of our biggest rivals in front of our home crowd...the atmosphere would be electric.

3 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Looking at it from UGA's point of view, Rusty is correct.  Its essentially a home game for UF, 70 miles from Gainesville compared to 350 from Athens.  You lose out on an opportunity to get kids on campus, and as we know, getting them on campus is huge.  Additionally, I feel like the game has lost its identity.  H*ll,  I don't even know what it's called any more since apparently saying cocktail is a bad word. The game feels more like a bowl game than anything else.  I've been to the game in Jax and I was there in 95 when it was in Gainesville and to me, I'd prefer to see it as a home and home.

If it stays as it is, so be it.  But it wouldn't hurt my feelings to play one of our biggest rivals in front of our home crowd...the atmosphere would be electric.

yep..   people need to look at the big picture instead of saying "well it's traditionally in Jacksonville".. that is not the point.. this game being in Jacksonville is a big negative for UGA.  we lose a big home recruiting game every year and it's a big difference in location from campuses especially travel time.  I went to 4 straight uga/uf games and while it's a fun atmosphere it does feel like a bowl game.  there is no legitimate reason to keep it as a neutral game.  we need at least 7 home games every year.  it's good for the city of Athens and the businesses and it's big for our national title chances.  people forget teams like florida and bama will usually have at least 7 to 8 games at home yearly.  look at Michigan they played all, but 3 games this year in the state of Michigan and they went 1-2 and had their only losses of the season.  it will never be changed because you have a lot of the good ole Georgia boys who are boosters want their yearly vacation in florida. 

30 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

no uga players on the all sec 1st and 2nd team, what a joke we are terrible

it's a joke of a list.. no imac listed as a returner?  oh please.. fournette no matter how talented did not deserve to be on that list.  he had an average year at best.  he was 13th in rushing yards.  seems a number of guys got on the list due to "career achievement awards".  

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

it's a joke of a list.. no imac listed as a returner?  oh please.. fournette no matter how talented did not deserve to be on that list.  he had an average year at best.  he was 13th in rushing yards.  seems a number of guys got on the list due to "career achievement awards".  

Should start calling them the Courtney Upshaw All SEC Coaches Team.

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

crazy....should have at least had Trenton Thompson or Dominick Sanders make it

26 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Should start calling them the Courtney Upshaw All SEC Coaches Team.

yep.. just a joke of a list.  

19 minutes ago, datboilando said:

crazy....should have at least had Trenton Thompson or Dominick Sanders make it

both sanders and trenton should have made it along with imac.  

I can think of two players on offense that probably would've gone if it weren't for stubbornness with scheme and not playing at their natural position (Michel and Pyke).

Roquan Smith and Trenton Thompson probably deserved to go but they didn't rack up stats or have name recognition.

And Isaiah McKenzie should've been an AP player.

Edited by VoiceofReason95
datboilando likes this

32 minutes ago, datboilando said:

Eddie Jackson missed 6 or 7 games and still made it....smfh

yep.. i like eddie jackson, but you gotta play the year in order to be on that team.  

McKenzie made the AP All-SEC 2nd team as an all purpose player.

Dawgs avoided having no players named to the AP All-SEC team for the first time since 1956. Just barely.

2 hours ago, Carter said:

McKenzie made the AP All-SEC 2nd team as an all purpose player.

Dawgs avoided having no players named to the AP All-SEC team for the first time since 1956. Just barely.

Hmmmm...  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, usmcdirtybird said:

The weeding starts now.  

shaq has had his foot out of the door for a while.. he already tried to transfer at least 1 other time only to be talked into staying.. he is a talented athlete, but not a good football player. 

4 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

shaq has had his foot out of the door for a while.. he already tried to transfer at least 1 other time only to be talked into staying.. he is a talented athlete, but not a good football player. 

If they want to leave.  Then go because that gets rid of players that do not want to be here and others that want to.  

3 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

If they want to leave.  Then go because that gets rid of players that do not want to be here and others that want to.  

In other words, bye Felicia 

usmcdirtybird likes this

14 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

shaq wilson is transferring it sounds like.. it makes sense he has no future in athens. 

Wasn't Shaq the one who posted the tweet after the tn game about be nice to your players and they'll win for you...or something like that

6 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

while I agree if a player doesn't want to be on the team then go ahead and leave the program, I also think we need to look at these guys are human beings and not just a jersey number or a number on the roster.  shaq did everything was asked of him.  he moved positions multiple times due to depth needs.  shaq never complained and was a great teammate in the lockerroom.  shaq is a young man who represented UGA well IMO and now he is going to leave and get some playing time elsewhere and I hope he is successful. 

4 minutes ago, 2dawghouse said:

Wasn't Shaq the one who posted the tweet after the tn game about be nice to your players and they'll win for you...or something like that

I really don't remember, but the fan's reactions to players on twitter is just ridiculous.  players really shouldn't be on twitter at all, we have too many moron fans who feel it's their right to trash players after a loss which is pathetic.