TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

13,658 posts in this topic

Also thought it was interesting with these guys we were told were huge misses by the staff and they ended up being UDFAs

North, Geno, Dillon, and Avery Young. I'm sure there's more I missed. 

Mecole's stats from the track meet  

WOW!!

Hardman finished first in the 100m with a time of 10.77 seconds. He also helped anchor Elbert County's 4x100m relay team to a first-place finish. He was at the top of the heap when it came to the long jump with a distance of 23 feet, 11 inches, and finished second in the triple jump at 45 feet, two and a half inches.

psst Kirby give Mecole the ball

12 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Also thought it was interesting with these guys we were told were huge misses by the staff and they ended up being UDFAs

North, Geno, Dillon, and Avery Young. I'm sure there's more I missed. 

yep.. they weren't huge misses in the end.  however you don't know that til 3 to 4 years later.  

14 minutes ago, ransack said:

People keep forgetting about Tyler Simmons. He ran a 10.67 100m (at 200lbs) last week.

yeah people keep forgetting him.. they shouldn't sleep on him.. very fast and talented.  

On 5/2/2016 at 9:53 PM, ransack said:

People keep forgetting about Tyler Simmons. He ran a 10.67 100m (at 200lbs) last week.

I was thinking the exact same thing today.  I think the Dawgs are in solid shape at WR, other than being young.  And hopefully, finally, (please)  a JUCO player will have an immediate impact at UGA in Javon Wims.  

Jarvis Jones is in a contract year. He's likely playing for his career this season. Production hasn't been good enough to garner much in FA imo unless he has a pretty good 2016 season.

Quick hit Q/A with recent commit Trey Blount. Link

R&B: A lot of guys in the Class of 2017 that have committed to Georgia already are big recruiters on Georgia's behalf. Are you going to try to do that same type of thing?

TB: Yes, definitely. I'm going after [2017 four-star offensive tackle] Andrew Thomas and [2018 offensive guard] Jamaree Salyer from Pace Academy. Those are two of my great friends and I want to make them Bulldogs also. Then [Pace] also has [2017 five-star power forward] Wendell Carter Jr., and I hear Georgia is one of his top schools. I want to not only recruit for football but also recruit for basketball.

R&B: What are you most looking forward to about Georgia?

TB: The campus life, academics and then experiencing being a Bulldog and being a Bulldog for life. Also, working hard when I get there and competing and bringing a national championship back to the home state.

R&B: Is there anything else you'd like to add?

TB: This is a message to Dawg Nation: I love you all and thanks for welcoming me to the family. I'm ready to get after it.

•  

That's a pretty exciting little nugget there. The bit about the two Offensive Linemen has been shared a lot, but looking at the university as a whole and all of the individuals he could influence to help our program is pretty cool. Love everything I've heard about the kid so far and just seems to be really excited to wear the red and black.

Carter likes this

19 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Quick hit Q/A with recent commit Trey Blount. Link

That's a pretty exciting little nugget there. The bit about the two Offensive Linemen has been shared a lot, but looking at the university as a whole and all of the individuals he could influence to help our program is pretty cool. Love everything I've heard about the kid so far and just seems to be really excited to wear the red and black.

Love it. The word has been that several recruits are lined up ready to commit, 100% Dawg and fired up about coming, but Kirby wants to space out the commitments to have a steady trickle over the summer. Always have to be skeptical when folks talk about silent commits, but so far it has been pretty spot on. Most of these guys are vocal, none more so than Lecounte, but especially the more recent ones are showing that excitement.

19 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

When are they thinking the IPF will be complete?

Initially, the earliest projections would have been January 2017, but in later conversations, I'd seen comments that it might have gotten off to a slow start, so who knows if that timeline is still valid. As long as it's not off by more than a couple of months, it would likely still be in time for most if not all of spring practice 2017.

Edited by fibonaccisquared

Sorry if already posted, but I saw we opened as a 4.5 point favorite against UNC. Thoughts? I honestly thought we would be either a toss up or slight underdog.

40 minutes ago, KGDawg710 said:

Sorry if already posted, but I saw we opened as a 4.5 point favorite against UNC. Thoughts? I honestly thought we would be either a toss up or slight underdog.

Kinda figured we'd be about a 3 point favorite, 4.5 isn't really surprising. UNC lost their QB who was most of their potency on offense. Remains to be seen if the next man up is ready. I suspect it will be a close game... mostly because I don't have any idea how good either team will be.

Maybe they are giving us a slight nod because no one really knows what our offense is going to look like next year.  We are kind of an unknown at this point.