TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,404 posts in this topic

Might be wrong, but I would think as much as Grantham asks of this OLB's, might be a learning curve too.

There definitely is.

And probably moreso of a curve this year because we should be doing some more things with the new defense. Drew says he will pick it up fast, and maybe he will. But it'll be impressive if he does. I suspect it'll be at least midseason before he gets comfortable with it. And that's assuming he plays full time and without factoring in any sort of learning curve for drop coverage.

Jenkins, however, should be a different story. His position, while everything moves faster, is not as complex. He should be able to get used to it pretty early, maybe even during Camp.

~~~

Nicolae, just had this sent over, thought you would find it funny, watch the video and the master Sunseri at work:

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/video-how-2011-recruiter-of-the-year-does-it-29484

THAT, is Sunseri the Great, the world's foremost recruiter? He looks and acts more like a snake-oil salesman. Just to be sure I found a longer video of him in action, and the longer it goes on, the slicker it gets.

Pathetic. Just demonstrates, once again, how vulnerable these HS kids are.

~~~

I said something similar a few weeks back. IMO in '11 the majority of the team that we see Drew on the field, he will have his hand in the dirt as a 4-3 DE. By '12 he'll be ready to do it all.

That's what I expect as well.

~~~

THAT, is Sunseri the Great, the world's foremost recruiter? He looks and acts more like a snake-oil salesman. Just to be sure I found a longer video of him in action, and the longer it goes on, the slicker it gets.

Pathetic. Just demonstrates, once again, how vulnerable these HS kids are.

~~~

Exactly Ivey. Could you imagine having him in your home, selling YOU anything? Geez, I'd show him the door. :lol:

Saw Jay Rome at Red Lobster today. He's a quality kid...

That is cool. His dad is great guy, from what I hear as well.

Also, saw your article at Leather Helmet Blog this morning, guess I know who to go to for our Geno Smith updates ;):)

Edited by crap sandwich

Question?

Since there seems to be nothing of value to talk about, and the next big thing is the DL hire.... and we dont have much gossip on it-

If a college coach- who would your top canidate be; if a pro coach who would it be? (be realistic with your hope, people we could possible get)

College - LB's Boston College... Strickly on the fact that they never recruit well, and have been solid on d for a while producing pretty good LBs. With lesser talent, gotta be top notch in fundamentals. GA could easily steal anyone they wanted from BC!

Pro - i honestly dont know, dont know who we could steal, dont know who is buddies with grantham (think that would obviously factor) there are obviously a lot of guys that would or could come our way from NFL, the bulk run a 3-4 which would be ideal in getting a Lb's coach. Really just curious on some rumors on NFL, my wildcard of college (as most of us think this hire will come from the NFL) is BC. Feel free to take this back over to the DLINE hire thread, just seemed like a dead thread and wanted to hear some opinions...

BTW - would Pollack be a terrible coach to have around somewhere in the program, DE coach? Seems like an intense guy, that was obviously full of talent and effort, probly good recruiter.. Just sucks cause i loved him as a player, cant stand how he is about as reliable and almost a joke as a source, similar to belue.

Question?

Since there seems to be nothing of value to talk about, and the next big thing is the DL hire.... and we dont have much gossip on it-

If a college coach- who would your top canidate be; if a pro coach who would it be? (be realistic with your hope, people we could possible get)

College - LB's Boston College... Strickly on the fact that they never recruit well, and have been solid on d for a while producing pretty good LBs. With lesser talent, gotta be top notch in fundamentals. GA could easily steal anyone they wanted from BC!

Pro - i honestly dont know, dont know who we could steal, dont know who is buddies with grantham (think that would obviously factor) there are obviously a lot of guys that would or could come our way from NFL, the bulk run a 3-4 which would be ideal in getting a Lb's coach. Really just curious on some rumors on NFL, my wildcard of college (as most of us think this hire will come from the NFL) is BC. Feel free to take this back over to the DLINE hire thread, just seemed like a dead thread and wanted to hear some opinions...

BTW - would Pollack be a terrible coach to have around somewhere in the program, DE coach? Seems like an intense guy, that was obviously full of talent and effort, probly good recruiter.. Just sucks cause i loved him as a player, cant stand how he is about as reliable and almost a joke as a source, similar to belue.

LIke yourself, many of us our wondering what is going on. All we know is that reports have it we have quite a large pile of resumes. This hire is really in one man's hand and until Grantham decides to leak, it isn't coming out.

Confident it might be one of those "Who the heck is that guy" type hires. :)

I want to know why you guys are so high on this new o-line coach? I think there must be something I am missing about this hire, because it seems mediocre at best IMO (that is just my opinion).

crap sandwich did a good job explaining it.. i talked to a number of bama guys who told me that friend is a good oline coach and very good recruiter. we didn't need a sexy hire, we needed a solid oline coach who could recruit and we got that.

Don't know if this was posted before but this is our spring schedule at this time:

1) Thursday, March 10

2) Tuesday, March 22

3) Thursday, March 24

4) Saturday, March 26

5) Tuesday, March 29

6) Thursday, March 31 (Coaching Clinic)

7) Friday, April 1 (Coaching Clinic)

8) Saturday, April 2

9) Tuesday, April 5

10) Thursday, April 7

11) Saturday, April 9

12) Tuesday, April 12

13) Thursday, April14

14) Friday, April 15

Saturday, April 16 – G-Day spring game, 1 p.m.

March 22 –Pro Day

March 31 and April 1 – High School Coaching Clinic

Hard not to get pumped about Spring don't know about you but really want to see if we can notice any changes in the players with S&C

Edited by crap sandwich

Don't know if this was posted before but this is our spring schedule at this time:

1) Thursday, March 10

2) Tuesday, March 22

3) Thursday, March 24

4) Saturday, March 26

5) Tuesday, March 29

6) Thursday, March 31 (Coaching Clinic)

7) Friday, April 1 (Coaching Clinic)

8) Saturday, April 2

9) Tuesday, April 5

10) Thursday, April 7

11) Saturday, April 9

12) Tuesday, April 12

13) Thursday, April14

14) Friday, April 15

Saturday, April 16 – G-Day spring game, 1 p.m.

March 22 –Pro Day

March 31 and April 1 – High School Coaching Clinic

Hard not to get pumped about Spring don't know about you but really want to see if we can notice any changes in the players with S&C

thanks for posting..

Can't wait to go to the G-Day game again. Love to see a little hitting in mid-April.

Me too. Just a lot of excitement with Georgia Fans this year, new hope, new beginning, new attitude.

Can't wait to go to the G-Day game again. Love to see a little hitting in mid-April.

same here. i can't wait to see the game. i wonder how many guys are going to G-Day..

G-Day is a favorite for me. Very relaxed, usually great weather, all the kids and grandkids go - good day.

G-Day is a favorite for me. Very relaxed, usually great weather, all the kids and grandkids go - good day.

It would be my honor to meet so many of you, and would enjoy it if we can figure out how we can meet and get together.

It would be my honor to meet so many of you, and would enjoy it if we can figure out how we can meet and get together.

If you guys want to try to do a meet and greet on G-Day, I'll help with it.

I want to know why you guys are so high on this new o-line coach? I think there must be something I am missing about this hire, because it seems mediocre at best IMO (that is just my opinion).

How does the hire seem mediocre? Why doesn't it not seem less than mediocre? Why not better than mediocre? What is this "it seems mediocre" based on?