TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,681 posts in this topic

"Why?" Pruitt replied. "They ought to be dragging me over the coals. You score 35 points, you're supposed to win, my gosh."

loved this comment..

btw shattle is out for another 2 weeks.

Pissed me off when I saw that. It makes me wonder is there a hex on the players I get excited about. Mitchell,Crowell,Fenteng,Terry,Fluker,JHC,Matthews and Marshall either got injured,or kicked out. The players I was reserved or didnt have high expectations for excelled(TG3,Rambo,Wilson,Herrera,Bennett)

btw shattle is out for another 2 weeks.

Ugh!!! What is it with our DB's? They are either injured, suspended or getting kicked off the team.

per dash jsw is still not 100%.. you could easily see it.

No need to play him vs Troy. Hopefully he's ready by the time we start the SEC gauntlet.

Ugh!!! What is it with our DB's? They are either injured, suspended or getting kicked off the team.

like i said on sunday there is a reason we are targeting sooo many dbs and taking them. we are basically redoing that spot with this upcoming recruitin class.

This. You cant fault bobo for this. It was first down. If he threw for 3 times, crucify the man.

But everyone is the world knew Gurley was getting the ball. I can't fault bobo for trying to counteract that with a quick outlet pass.

The execution caused the issue. Not the play call.

While I am in the group of pound Gurley 4 times, Ill give Bobo the benefit of the doubt on 1st and Goal.But 2nd & Goal from the 14 is a different story. That's when he decided to run Gurley to the short side of the field. Tired of beating the horse, but we really screwed the pooch on that series.

sdogg likes this

Not to pile on but he did the same thing on a third and 16 I believe in the third quarter. Ran Gurley to the short side, but gurley bailed him out with an amazing run. Its forgotten BC of that but it was a horrible play call.

Serious question:

Will Keith Marshall ever be the same again?

It seems he has slid to #4 of the depth chart, with Sony and Chubb getting a lot more carries than him. And the few carries he has had, seem to be uninspired and lacking purpose. I wish he would redshirt this year and be a three headed monster with Chubb and Sony next year but that doesnt look to be happening.

A football career that started out with a bang, seems to be ending with a fizzle

I said a long time ago that we can't expect Keith Marshall to be back fully until probably half way through the season. The reports about him being good to go really didn't change my mind. I think we shouldn't expect much until he is actually 100% meaning he has the confidence to make those cuts, take off, and take contact.

I think he will be fine, he just needs to take his time to get back to 100% imo.

Serious question:

Will Keith Marshall ever be the same again?

It seems he has slid to #4 of the depth chart, with Sony and Chubb getting a lot more carries than him. And the few carries he has had, seem to be uninspired and lacking purpose. I wish he would redshirt this year and be a three headed monster with Chubb and Sony next year but that doesnt look to be happening.

A football career that started out with a bang, seems to be ending with a fizzle

well each player's recovery is different because each acl tear is different. no one knows if he will ever be the same.

Former UGA nose tackle Johnathan Taylor seems to be taking interest in Auburn... no official offer apparently, but I just read that he has visited recently.

Former UGA nose tackle Johnathan Taylor seems to be taking interest in Auburn... no official offer apparently, but I just read that he has visited recently.

yep he is still dealing with the domestic abuse felony and rodney garner is all over him.

Like. Sony in the slot, like for that to be more of a fixture, think wo mitchell and jws he should be working there a lot. So pissed at morgan too-

Which brings up an email discussion I had earlier this week with a lifelong Dawgs fan about the general direction of the program. Said the fan: “So far, preseason predictions are right on: Gurley is amazing, Mason is not particularly good but not terrible, the defense still sucks, the offensive line is not very good and we lost in Columbia yet again. I have a hard time not seeing this team in another New Year’s Day bowl against a middling Big 10 team and I have to say this pattern of being not good enough to win anything and not bad enough to fire anyone is incredibly old.”

What really bothered him, he said, was “to me it was never acceptable for the defense to get this bad that it needs this level of ‘turning around.’ We’ve had the same head coach the whole time, so it’s not like we had an entirely new staff and it was on Richt to get the right guys in as coach and for them to maintain standards of performance which Todd Grantham didn’t do. We’ll see about this guy, but this situation is just not acceptable. … Good, consistent programs don’t fall to this level on defense.”

He added: “I’m just so tired of these kinds of losses … and I am just dreading another year of the Outback Bowl. When does this end?”

I agreed that it’s on Richt letting the defensive situation get this bad. In hindsight, Grantham was a bad hire, but you remember he was like fourth or fifth choice, the pressure was on, and Richt blinked. But, considering what we knew about the defense going into this season, I wouldn’t consider the Outback to be that terrible an outcome.

However, the fan pointed out that “spending all three of Gurley’s years at Georgia never playing above the Capital One or Outback Bowl is a terrible outcome. I’m pretty firmly convinced he’s the best player we’ve had since Herschel Walker. I’d take him over Garrison Hearst, Rodney Hampton and Knowshon Moreno any day at RB and I think he’s better than any QB or WR we’ve had, and yet we may not ever get past the Outback Bowl with him. A.J. Green played in the Capital One, Independence and Liberty Bowls while at Georgia. Aaron Murray never played in a BCS bowl.Matt Stafford and Moreno made it to one. And all those guys certainly tried hard to get us there, but it’s these persistent issues: bad offensive lines, bad defenses, bizarre playcalling/decision making/clock management in crucial moments. It’s just frustrating because there is no end in sight for this stuff. Much of this email could have been written in 2008.”

http://ugafans.blog.ajc.com/2014/09/19/junkyard-mail-bulldog-nation-is-not-a-happy-place-right-now/

sdogg likes this

Speaking of hearst, I think sonny could hit the sideline like he used to w his speed- he's great in the slot, wish we'd stop the up the middle 90 percent running.

sony has been used all over. i love how we are using him. i just want to see them use him more.. he is one of the best athletes on this team. very excited what he and isaiah mckenzie bring.

How did Faton and Ramsey look passing the ball?

I have not been impressed at all with Mason.

From what I saw, Ramsey looked pretty good. Didn't really pay too much attention to Bauta, but he ran it pretty well.

How did Faton and Ramsey look passing the ball?

I have not been impressed at all with Mason.

both guys looked good.. mason looked good..

What happened to Sheldon Dawson, I thought he made strides toward the end of last season??

He was dressed and on the sideline. Not sure what the deal is with him.

What happened to Sheldon Dawson, I thought he made strides toward the end of last season??

i have a feeling he is back for vandy.. call it a hunch.