TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,681 posts in this topic

Been waiting for Tibbs to breakout. Rumph may be another JC bust(Kennar Johnson,Shaq Fluker)

i watched tibbs in preseason and the light seemed to have gone on for him which is terrific.. he did a terrific job blocking against clemson. i really am excited about his future.

I thought Gurley would be good, even great, but he's looking special, I just hope the kid stays healthy and has a long career in the NFL. It may have become a passing league, but I'm still a rushing fan!

Passing keeps the seats full but rushing puts the rings on the fingers.

I honestly think clemson made us look good,tx am is great and ecu pretty dang good equals sc not as bad as thought- gurley is great, we are not there. Defense looked bad, play calling was at best questionable. But sucks cause we shouldve won. And yea, we were wo our best wr's. Mason wasn't as bad as we blame him. But we r no playoff team, we might be the 4th best team in the second.

And the possible returns of MM and JSW along with the debut of Davin Bellamy??

I say sit em this game. We "should" be able to win this without them. Give MM another full week, before we start the SEC gauntlet.

And the possible returns of MM and JSW along with the debut of Davin Bellamy??

i don't see either guy being back. bellamy should be back and will play a lot hopefully.. i want to see shattle get back for this game though. he needs some reps before the vols. jj green and a few other dbs need to get in and start playing.. who we have playing now will not get the job done.

i don't see either guy being back. bellamy should be back and will play a lot hopefully.. i want to see shattle get back for this game though. he needs some reps before the vols. jj green and a few other dbs need to get in and start playing.. who we have playing now will not get the job done.

Saturday was ....an indicator.

Saturday was ....an indicator.

if shattle was healthy he would be starting.. there is a lot of talent that is hurt or they are behind learning this system due to being hurt. we got to get our guys back period.

Riddle me this Batman:

Is Mason really What we need right now? Is he pressing as a leader? Is not the time to see what Bauta can bring to the table as a leader/football saavy QB? Ramsey?

I am not bashing Mason, but he has not shown, to me anyway, that he is a "game manager." I am just thinking that any "manager" at times is required to make a "management decision" that is counter to what an "upper level" has sent out a memo on; ie, check off that pass play at the line, and run a toss sweep. AND NO.....I like Bobo. I just think that call was not thoroughly thought out.

sdogg likes this

Riddle me this Batman:

Is Mason really What we need right now? Is he pressing as a leader? Is not the time to see what Bauta can bring to the table as a leader/football saavy QB? Ramsey?

I am not bashing Mason, but he has not shown, to me anyway, that he is a "game manager." I am just thinking that any "manager" at times is required to make a "management decision" that is counter to what an "upper level" has sent out a memo on; ie, check off that pass play at the line, and run a toss sweep. AND NO.....I like Bobo. I just think that call was not thoroughly thought out.

Hopefully we can put Troy away early, so we can see them get some playing time. But unless Mason starts throwing a bunch of picks ( with his lame duck passes, it's coming) Richt won't bench him.

Riddle me this Batman:

this is not directed at you, but i have to laugh at the hutson mason bashers.. the same guys and it is the same guys who wanted to bench aaron murray and started hutson a few years ago and now saying he stinks. hutson mason was not why we lost the game on saturday.. there is a lot of blame to go around from our kicker to our oline to our defense to the refs not calling holding on our leonard floyd, jorden jenkins, and josh dawson.. i have seen a bunch of pictures from the games where guys are being held and no call and we get 7 points away from a legit block.. i am soo freaking ticked about the officiating and our own mistakes. anyways getting back to hutson he is missing the top 2 targets in mitchell and jsw plus a big time target in rumph. right now he has a lot of guys who wouldn't be playing either starting or getting a lot of snaps. hutson mason is a capable qb. he isn't murray, but we knew that going into this year. he had some nice throws and nice decisions on saturday.. throwing 2 tds and no ints and completing over 70% of his throws at south carolina is a heck of a game, but yeah he is the problem. i have seen plenty of times in games that 1st down call is made and is successful. the play call was not a bad call at all. it wasn't successful, but to fans every call that isn't successful is a bad call because they know better. i remember last year we ran 3x time on a 1st and goal against clemson and kicked a field goal and on this board the same fans again were saying "bobo stinks he is soo conversative.. why not try to throw one time". i saw those exact posts. the issue with the play was the execution.. had houston blocked his guy the play would have been different.. also that was another bad call by the referees.. that was not intentional grounding. if that play is officiated properly then we run the final 2 times and might get in. the bottom line for me is you score 35 points at south carolina you should win that game.

UT UGA will be a noon kick off on ESPN, pretty pumped as I will be making my first trip to Athens.

yep that will be a fun game to watch.. hopefully we have our wrs back for that game..

this is not directed at you, but i have to laugh at the hutson mason bashers.. the same guys and it is the same guys who wanted to bench aaron murray and started hutson a few years ago and now saying he stinks. hutson mason was not why we lost the game on saturday.. there is a lot of blame to go around from our kicker to our oline to our defense to the refs not calling holding on our leonard floyd, jorden jenkins, and josh dawson.. i have seen a bunch of pictures from the games where guys are being held and no call and we get 7 points away from a legit block.. i am soo freaking ticked about the officiating and our own mistakes. anyways getting back to hutson he is missing the top 2 targets in mitchell and jsw plus a big time target in rumph. right now he has a lot of guys who wouldn't be playing either starting or getting a lot of snaps. hutson mason is a capable qb. he isn't murray, but we knew that going into this year. he had some nice throws and nice decisions on saturday.. throwing 2 tds and no ints and completing over 70% of his throws at south carolina is a heck of a game, but yeah he is the problem. i have seen plenty of times in games that 1st down call is made and is successful. the play call was not a bad call at all. it wasn't successful, but to fans every call that isn't successful is a bad call because they know better. i remember last year we ran 3x time on a 1st and goal against clemson and kicked a field goal and on this board the same fans again were saying "bobo stinks he is soo conversative.. why not try to throw one time". i saw those exact posts. the issue with the play was the execution.. had houston blocked his guy the play would have been different.. also that was another bad call by the referees.. that was not intentional grounding. if that play is officiated properly then we run the final 2 times and might get in. the bottom line for me is you score 35 points at south carolina you should win that game.

The big stat for Hutson is zero turnovers. Probably, the only thing that worries me about him is that he tends to stare down his receivers. Regarding that particular play, a PA pass wasn't a bad call. Maybe more poorly executed. SC's defense was keying in on the run to the left side so it wasn't a bad idea by any means.

SacFalcFan likes this

I think me and you only disagree on one thing and Im fine with that.1st and Goal from the 4, you ride your best player, your horse, and the guy South Carolina feared the most. Todd Gurley.Last year, our bread and butter go to guy was Aaron Murray.The air inside that stadium was sucked out on that Swann interception. They just knew that had blew it. I have never been inside a Stadium where the momentum swung in such a dramatic way. These jokers were throwing towels on the field.Was the 1st down play that bad of a call? No, but it was the best play call in that situation either.Just like Eric Zeier said on the radio broadcast, you RUN Gurley 4 times, and if they stop your best then they deserve to win.I MYSELF, am more pissed off on the 2nd and Goal call from the 14 yard line, where he then chose to RUN Gurley. Bad Call on the intentional grounding, but it is what it is. If you trust Gurley, best RB in America, then we pound it in.

no ioffense taken at all. I am glad you did not read that post as a Mason bash, cuse it isn't. I am not a huge Mason fan, but that is not to say he is not capable. I felt like he might could have used his own fotball saavy on that one call. But the loss goes to the team as a whole. It is easy to sit on the couch drinking a cold beer and be an expert; I don't see what Bobo sees, and he IS the expert. I am sure he knew somehting I did not. None the less, I would have ran Gurley OR even Hicks right into their teeth three or four straight times and MADE the Gamecocks either man up or shut up. I get the officiating was bad, but I saw it bad both ways....we got away woth a few, and they got away with a few. Maybe they got a few more though....the one that galls me is the hold on Kublanow; an offensive lineman holding when the play is already down field is pretty cheesy, but nothing we can do now but b!+ch avout it.

I do have my reservations on Mason as a leader though. Serviceable as a QB, but some guys are gamers and some are not. My personal opinion ( and anyone who knows me reveres my opinion highlyrolleyes.gif ) but I just think, feel, have a gut instince that Faton Bauta IS a gamer, and could prove it....but only under fire.

I'm stillon the kool aid, and think the boat is still steaming along. This was just some rough water. CMR & Company can make correctuions, and the conference title is still in focus. IMHO.

sdogg likes this

I think me and you only disagree on one thing and Im fine with that.1st and Goal from the 4, you ride your best player, your horse, and the guy South Carolina feared the most. Todd Gurley.Last year, our bread and butter go to guy was Aaron Murray.The air inside that stadium was sucked out on that Swann interception. They just knew that had blew it. I have never been inside a Stadium where the momentum swung in such a dramatic way. These jokers were throwing towels on the field.Was the 1st down play that bad of a call? No, but it was the best play call in that situation either.Just like Eric Zeier said on the radio broadcast, you RUN Gurley 4 times, and if they stop your best then they deserve to win.I MYSELF, am more pissed off on the 2nd and Goal call from the 14 yard line, where he then chose to RUN Gurley. Bad Call on the intentional grounding, but it is what it is. If you trust Gurley, best RB in America, then we pound it in.

We'll said. It doesn't mean anyone is giving the D a free pass, but in that situation you have to go with the best guy. The best guy happens to be the best guy in all of NCAAF and possibly in the past decade. Does anyone truly doubt that if given 4 chances, that Gurley wouldn't get it in? Of course everyone was expecting Gurley to get, but everyone expects him to get it ALL the time. That doesn't stop him from doing his thing. My best man vs your best. May the best man win.

no ioffense taken at all. I am glad you did not read that post as a Mason bash, cuse it isn't. I am not a huge Mason fan, but that is not to say he is not capable. I felt like he might could have used his own fotball saavy on that one call. But the loss goes to the team as a whole. It is easy to sit on the couch drinking a cold beer and be an expert; I don't see what Bobo sees, and he IS the expert. I am sure he knew somehting I did not. None the less, I would have ran Gurley OR even Hicks right into their teeth three or four straight times and MADE the Gamecocks either man up or shut up. I get the officiating was bad, but I saw it bad both ways....we got away woth a few, and they got away with a few. Maybe they got a few more though....the one that galls me is the hold on Kublanow; an offensive lineman holding when the play is already down field is pretty cheesy, but nothing we can do now but b!+ch avout it.

I do have my reservations on Mason as a leader though. Serviceable as a QB, but some guys are gamers and some are not. My personal opinion ( and anyone who knows me reveres my opinion highlyrolleyes.gif ) but I just think, feel, have a gut instince that Faton Bauta IS a gamer, and could prove it....but only under fire.

I'm stillon the kool aid, and think the boat is still steaming along. This was just some rough water. CMR & Company can make correctuions, and the conference title is still in focus. IMHO.

I also have that feeling about Faton. The name alone screams gamer, lol.