TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,681 posts in this topic

I have a feeling Langely will redshirt this fall.

i don't see him redshirting. he will get a shot to play and he will be on the field this year playing.

As was the case in the spring, Georgia figures to have more mixing-and-matching when it comes to positions on defense this preseason, but there were a few early certainties passed along Wednesday by coordinator Jeremy Pruitt

Redshirt freshman Reggie Wilkerson (pictured below) will indeed start out at safety this preseason (confirming earlier reports on that) rather than his old spot of cornerback.

True freshman Dominick Sanders will start out as a safety, while Shattle Fenteng "will be a corner," Pruitt said, dismissing a question about Fenteng maybe trying safety as well.

Pruitt also confirmed Wednesday that freshman receiver Rico Johnson would start out this preseason at cornerback (as previously reported).

So what is he looking for in the secondary this preseason?

"It's going to be guys that play the ball good in the deep part of the field," Pruitt said. "To me that's the most important thing when it comes to a defensive back: Who can play the ball in the deep part of the field? Because obviously that's where the big plays are created. We'll see who plays with toughness, who can play man-to-man, who tackles well, who can sustain and do it over a period of time. I think all the guys can do it. But who is going to do it over and over and over? That will be the difference."

goodness i love how our coaches are talking right now. love the interviews today.. i can't for some football. we are going to give jeb and a few other tes a shot at the new hback position in our offense. sounds like we are going more spread this year.

goodness i love how our coaches are talking right now. love the interviews today.. i can't for some football. we are going to give jeb and a few other tes a shot at the new hback position in our offense. sounds like we are going more spread this year.

Speaking of playing more of a spread I noticed that the 3 of the 4 offers at qb this year are dual threat. Is that typical? I guess bauta was dual but was ramsey? Would you say we are trending that way more now than ever or it's just a case of this year's crop?

Edited by slacker dawg

Speaking of playing more of a spread I noticed that the 3 of the 4 offers at qb this year are dual threat. Is that typical? I guess bauta was dual but was ramsey? Would you say we are trending that way more now than ever or it's just a case of this year's crop?

I didn't think we were taking any qb's in this class.

we aren't taking any qbs this year.. don't believe that offer list.. it's bogus. we have Eason already for next year who is a pro style qb and bryce ramsey even though he is athletic is a pro style as is park.

Malcolm Mitchell knee injury?

Just dealing with scar tissue, cartlidge issue, dont think he misses any real time