TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,787 posts in this topic

Its not about weed. Nothing has ever been about tthe weed. No one really cares about it. It the motivation behind it and the principles it breaks.

A starter missing 4 games due to being an idiot and undisciplined is a big deal to me. He's letting his team down.

Its not about weed. Nothing has ever been about tthe weed. No one really cares about it. It the motivation behind it and the principles it breaks.

Nobody said anything about the weed. I'm saying I would be absolutely shocked if nobody else on Georgia's entire team is a regular user of the substance. Tests are imperfect, and tons of people will skate by. People you really like and commend, I'm sure.

The behavior is reprehensible on the grounds that it selfishly breaks team rules, but we carry JHC's drug suspensions as ammunition as though he's the only one doing it around here. I refuse to believe that, and people need to get plugged in to the real world.

We should take a tip from Charlie Strong on discipline. Make your entire positional unit suffer the first time you are tested positive. Second time the positional coach. Create a culture of joint responsibility. Peer pressure is a great motivator. For some, individual suspensions clearly aren't.

Who cares... if he gets drafted in the first 3 rounds next year, it means he balled out and was a big part of the defense. Yall wanna raise **** with the Falcons for never taking chances on guys but kick players off the Dawgs for harmless offenses. Makes sense.

JHC has one more chance. Doubt the players would respond well to a guy getting kicked off after 2 when the policy is 3.

The problem is he shouldn't need three chances...I know everyone isn't going to be Murray or Gurley when it comes to being responsible but at some point one must grow the F up and put the team ahead of weed. I guarantee JSW will not need another suspension to get it and his prospects are no where near projected at the next level as JHC

sdogg likes this

A starter missing 4 games due to being an idiot and undisciplined is a big deal to me. He's letting his team down.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if we kick him off the team.

Clearly he prefers to smoke weed over helping to get this team where it wants to be.

sdogg likes this

disagree.. JHC stays on team and guys learn from his poor decisions.. kicking kids off the team for smoking weed 2x doesn't solve anything.. not sure why you guys haven't figured that out yet.

I disagree. JHC has showed nothing but selfishness in the greatest team sport. Smoking weed and I could forgive the Auburn play but the weed thing makes it a part of his problem. If you can't contribute to helping this team you shouldn't be on this team.

sdogg likes this

Just like the players that continue to hurt our team with selfish acts haven't figured it out yet either. JHC hurt us to start the Season this past year, and what does he do to end the Season? Hurts us again. He will miss the first 3 games next Season also. ENOUGH is ENOUGH. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, Shame on me.

sdogg likes this

NFL could indeed change its mind about marijuana, in time

CNN Poll: Support for legal marijuana soaring

Today's conference championship games will be played in the two states where it’s now legal to smoke marijuana for recreational purposes. The time for marijuana prohibition is coming to an end.

If the athlete's well-being is the concern of the NFL or NCAA or conference or university, I suggest they look more closely into the prescription narcotics regularly administered to football players.

So JHC has been suspended twice for drug policy violation, but he's been in trouble even before his first suspension. Crowell's car. There's a reason grandpa was adamant about keeping him close to home.

Seriously, when was the last time we've had a player suspended TWICE in one season for policy violation? I don't give this guy good odds of keeping a clean nose.

sdogg likes this

I disagree. JHC has showed nothing but selfishness in the greatest team sport. Smoking weed and I could forgive the Auburn play but the weed thing makes it a part of his problem. If you can't contribute to helping this team you shouldn't be on this team.

he will learn his lesson or not be on the team, but it's ridiculous to kick him off after this second failed test. you can find other ways to get him to learn and he will. we have a punishment policy in place to handle this which it will be. i don't agree with anyone who believes jhc should be kicked after this..

Dawgs hire Kevin Sherrer, South Alabama DC. Coached with Pruitt at Bama.

they also spent 2 years together at hoover.. he is a good coach and a good teacher.. good hire..

ILB or OLB coach?

Don't believe it has been said what he will coach. I love the hire. We need teachers on the staff. Pruitt, Bobo, McClendon, are Lilly are the heavy recruiters. They will bring the talent to guys like Scherrer and he can coach them up!

yep really like this hire.. he does not have a position to coach.. it will determine who the final hires are.

biggrin.png

I'm really worried about the loss of JHC for the Clemson and South Crackalackey games. He was becoming an impact player toward the end of last year.

I'm really worried about the loss of JHC for the Clemson and South Crackalackey games. He was becoming an impact player toward the end of last year.

He WAS becoming an impact player. Now, he IS just another selfish idjit.

sdogg likes this

i like jhc, but i am just fine going into the season without him.. we have a whole offseason to deal with him not being there.