TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,787 posts in this topic

I am just saying its also a problem, if 3 guys all seem good db coaches, the one with special teams knowledge should be the hire. No one on the current staff has a clue there.

I am just saying its also a problem, if 3 guys all seem good db coaches, the one with special teams knowledge should be the hire. No one on the current staff has a clue there.

my point is let our staff figure out special teams and get outside help.. we have plenty enough coaching talent do that.. however if we can get a great db coach with special teams cool, but if we can't go with the best guy for the job..

The special teams shuffle

Hmm… do I detect a slight undertone of snark from Brother Weiszer here?

It’s become an annual offseason issue to address for Georgia in recent years.

Fixing what ails the Bulldogs on special teams.

“Certainly we’ve got to get some better answers in our special teams,” coach Mark Richt said. “It doesn’t necessarily mean changing any coaches on what they do or all that kind of thing, but I’m going to make that a point of emphasis for myself and our staff and give them carte blanche to take trips of maybe bring people in to really solidify what we’re doing and be certain we’re doing the right things schematically and technically.”

Richt said that before the offseason of 2012.

Okay, maybe. But maybe I’m not quite sure.

Richt said back in 2011 that he expected a “high sense of urgency on our special teams to become more than just decent.”

Most Georgia fans would settle for decent as a starting point.

Why, yes! Yes, I do.

If you’re a beat writer, look on the bright side: at least Richt isn’t making you work hard for new material. For the rest of us, decent would be a nice change.

I hope we hire Duane Akina. A lot of Texas alums and fans I know are not happy Strong didn't retain him

I hope we hire Duane Akina. A lot of Texas alums and fans I know are not happy Strong didn't retain him

i posted his resume and no one is close to what he has done.. including some head coaches who are known for defensive backs can't touch what akina has done.. smile.png

i posted his resume and no one is close to what he has done.. including some head coaches who are known for defensive backs can touch what akina has done.. smile.png

What are we waiting for?

What are we waiting for?

we might want a younger coach like a george barlow.. akina has a great resume, but he isn't the only great cb option.

I'm ready to get the right man hired and have this thing announced so he can hit the road recruiting when the dead period ends. Is there any truth to Coach O taking on a new title and not coaching next year??

What are we waiting for?

I believe the job has to be officially posted for 7 or 14 days before it can be publicly filled.

Oh, please please please let it be the person that most deserves it.

biggrin.png i thought you guys would like that.. ha