TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,681 posts in this topic

I wish Coach Lakatos the best. I think some changes were needed, but business is business, and I hope he gets his health squared away.

He can tell grantham to simplify his d a bit so it's not incompetent, and hire a good db coach. Hope all is well for the guy, glad he's gone though. Do we make a hire prior to NSD?

Well that is finally official (I wish Coach Lakatos the best and prayers to him and his family) it will be interesting to see who they hire.

He can tell grantham to simplify his d a bit so it's not incompetent, and hire a good db coach. Hope all is well for the guy, glad he's gone though. Do we make a hire prior to NSD?

i highly doubt we wait til after nsd to make a hire.. we want to get someone hired and get them meeting with our committed dbs and wesley green. this is not a surprise at all (which we commented on a few weeks ago) so i don't think it will be too long regarding the hiring.

Great idea would be to get a secondary coach with a background as a great special teams coach.

Kill 2 of our biggest weaknesses with one stone.

so what is your wish list guys for db coach?

George Barlow, Vanderbilt

Tommy Restivo, Louisville are a few..

Duane Akina (no one has his resume.. one of the best in the nation).

manny diaz

i highly doubt we wait til after nsd to make a hire.. we want to get someone hired and get them meeting with our committed dbs and wesley green. this is not a surprise at all (which we commented on a few weeks ago) so i don't think it will be too long regarding the hiring.

Saw on another site that their hoping to have somebody hired by Tuesday or Wednesday. Guess we have already been on the horn!!

Saw on another site that their hoping to have somebody hired by Tuesday or Wednesday. Guess we have already been on the horn!!

This has been known for a while. It was just a matter of win. Pray for CSL and his family.

that sounds about right. this has been known for a while and i am sure they have done their due diligence on replacing him. i am sure they want to do the hire officially before we get out of the dead period so the person can jump onto the recruiting trail right after the dead period ends.. we are getting pretty close to nsd.

that sounds about right. this has been known for a while and i am sure they have done their due diligence on replacing him. i am sure they want to do the hire officially before we get out of the dead period so the person can jump onto the recruiting trail right after the dead period ends.. we are getting pretty close to nsd.

Any names jumping out at you Sac? George Barlow at Vandy and Tommy Restivo at Louisville are 2 that I'm liking with their success over the past few seasons. Also seen the names of Manny Diaz and Ricky Brumfield at WKU being thrown around as well.

Any names jumping out at you Sac? George Barlow at Vandy and Tommy Restivo at Louisville are 2 that I'm liking with their success over the past few seasons. Also seen the names of Manny Diaz and Ricky Brumfield at WKU being thrown around as well.

my top 2 would be barlow or restivo. i wouldn't mind diaz either.. one guy who is 56 years old and has a resume that no one else has is duane akina.. if you look at his resume he is one of the best in the business, but they might want to go with a younger coach.

i have coached this: Five Thorpe finalists, three Thorpe winners and 20+ NFL DBs. who am I?

That is the Texas guy......take him or Vandy guy and I am happy.

Seriously, who of those guys has a background in special teams.. That should factor imo, if all are good coaches.

Richt is taking another offseason to brush up on it.

A LOT of guys we could snare right now. Especially with some of the big name coaching moves in recent weeks.

But I have to wonder how much Grantham's track record and the fact that he most likely has one season left barring significant improvement will factor in to who we land.

Sorry to hear there's an issue with Lakatos. I had high hopes for the guy that, apart from maybe Rambo's breakout year, never really materialized. Hopefully he can take care of himself and rebound somewhere later, and hopefully we can upgrade.

IMO Richt's batting around .500 in recent years regarding hires. A good hire here and we've got one heck of a defensive coaching unit. Apart from, you know, the guy actually calling plays.

Seriously, who of those guys has a background in special teams.. That should factor imo, if all are good coaches.

we should hire the best DB coach we can..

Richt could name co special team coordinators. Since Kirk O and Lilly have the positions with the fewest players (other than Bobo and Grantham of course) they would make the most sense.