TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,681 posts in this topic

I expected to see more hurry up tempo from the offense. They rarely ran up tempo.

You need game time experience and knowledge of the play book not to mention the trust in the coordinator to change a play to go up tempo. Mason just hasn't had game time to do it. It'll change next season.

well every team that didn't win the natty says that wait til next year. sorry i don't fall for the throwing in the towel before we play a game syndrome like some do.. you might not be happy with today's loss, but to think it means we won't be a better team next year healthy i don't know what to say. a lot can and does change in the offseason.. i hope the offseason we get good news since we had so much talent hurt this year.

I'm expecting great things to come out of our D-line next year. Floyd and Drew look like they will be a great pass rushing tandem and I hope we get to see what Reggie Carter can do out there.

I expected to see more hurry up tempo from the offense. They rarely ran up tempo.

that was one thing i didn't expect today with mason's inexperience starting. i know we had time to prepare, but it was clear early on he was struggling through his progressions and that's not the type of thing you want to do and speed it up. he had bennett open a number of times and rumph was open for a td on one play, but he missed them. i just didn't know how crisp we would be because struggled in the georgia tech game for a large portion of it.

I'm expecting great things to come out of our D-line next year. Floyd and Drew look like they will be a great pass rushing tandem and I hope we get to see what Reggie Carter can do out there.

yep our front 7 won't be an issue.. they will be a strength again.. it's that dang secondary.

yep our front 7 won't be an issue.. they will be a strength again.. it's that dang secondary.

Which is why I don't understand how Lackatos can be given another shot. It's bad enough CTG is returning, but at least the front 7 has been good enough to win games. It's the DB''s that keep killing us. No excuse not fire the weakest link. Especially after that obvious 99 yard TD, that I called. If I could see it coming, they should have. That was a terrible challenge prior.

Which is why I don't understand how Lackatos can be given another shot. It's bad enough CTG is returning, but at least the front 7 has been good enough to win games. It's the DB''s that keep killing us. No excuse not fire the weakest link. Especially after that obvious 99 yard TD, that I called. If I could see it coming, they should have. That was a terrible challenge prior.

sdogg you keep talking about that challenge, but that was no challenge by cmr.. the officials had a booth review.. we didn't lose a timeout or a challenge there. just an fyi. well lakatos was hamstrung because a number of guys he expected to play did not due to injuries or suspensions. today we were missing 3 guys and we expected guys like shaq and matthews to play a lot, but they didn't. the same goes for jhc. freshman dbs are going to be burned and burned often, buy the bigger issue i had were our safety play which was hampered by injuries. even with all of that that area must improve period and i believe it will for a number of reasons. regarding our coaching situation these things will work themselves out.

Even with JHC, and Tray, our defense is still lost on the field. After every play, our team is so confused. Pointing and arguing with each other because we are so far out of position. Its 13 games into the Season. Mauger and Moore have played in enough games. It really is frightening to watch our defense try to get lined up from inside the Stadium and not on tv. Confusion and chaos

Billy Ocean and sdogg like this

sdogg you keep talking about that challenge, but that was no challenge by cmr.. the officials had a booth review.. we didn't lose a timeout or a challenge there. just an fyi. well lakatos was hamstrung because a number of guys he expected to play did not due to injuries or suspensions. today we were missing 3 guys and we expected guys like shaq and matthews to play a lot, but they didn't. the same goes for jhc. freshman dbs are going to be burned and burned often, buy the bigger issue i had were our safety play which was hampered by injuries. even with all of that that area must improve period and i believe it will for a number of reasons. regarding our coaching situation these things will work themselves out.

Thanks for clarifying the non challenge. But I did call they would attack our DB's there. Against UGA in that situation, is the right call.

I still don't think Lackatos should get a free pass. DB's were a major weakness last year. And it's not to fire someone just to fire someone. Eventually someone has to be held accountable.

Even the Falcons finally held some assistants accountable. About a year or 2 too late. But at least they did so.

Even with JHC, and Tray, our defense is still lost on the field. After every play, our team is so confused. Pointing and arguing with each other because we are so far out of position. Its 13 games into the Season. Mauger and Moore have played in enough games. It really is frightening to watch our defense try to get lined up from inside the Stadium and not on tv. Confusion and chaos

Exactly. They look more lost today, than week one.

Not excusing him by any means but There is a lot going on with CSL. Sometimes there are bigger things in life than football.

Not excusing him by any means but There is a lot going on with CSL. Sometimes there are bigger things in life than football.

Can you be more specific ?

Health issues? Family issues?

Health and that's all I can say

Well if that's the case and it's affecting his job, perhaps he should step aside.

Though I'm hard on coaches and players when they continuously fail, it's never personal for me. Such as Richt. I think he's a great guy and an excellent recruiter. But just an average at best HC.

Well if that's the case and it's affecting his job, perhaps he should step aside.

Though I'm hard on coaches and players when they continuously fail, it's never personal for me. Such as Richt. I think he's a great guy and an excellent recruiter. But just an average at best HC.

Could be coming sooner than later my friend IMO

Can you be more specific ?

Health issues? Family issues?

yep that was what i was alluding to in my post on lakatos.. like i said it will work itself out.

yep that was what i was alluding to in my post on lakatos.. like i said it will work itself out.

So are we expecting him to step down and if so where do we go from there?? Has this been an issue all year cause the secondary definitely has been?? Edited by Pollack4Heisman

So are we expecting him to step down and if so where do we go from there?? Has this been an issue all year cause the secondary definitely has been??

Exactly! Cause if its been going on for awhile, it probably cost us a NT or 2.

You serious?

You serious?

Until I see the issues we continuously have game after game get resolved, yes. No excuses not see some improvements.

Average at best though? That's a reach IMO.

That's fair. But I can't go over above average. He was good when the SEC was weak, but never great. Now the SEC is at its peak and he's having a hard time breaking through. He's has to step his game up. I'm tired of the same excuses and disappointing expectations every year. He has to go back to the drawing board and see what the true elite coaches and teams are doing, that we aren't.

4 & 5 star recruits, multiple players going on to have pro bowl careers in the NFL and yet he just can't put it all together. Being stubborn and loyal to guys like Martinez, CTG and others, is his major flaw, IMHO.

Every 5star CB should be knocking on CMR door. Im not sold on any of the CB. Except Dawson. I have more faith in Fenteng,Wilkerson,K.Johnson,and Parrish. None of the them haven't touched the field yet, so thats saying alot.

Did langley play at all? Was talk like he may play a little cb again w the suspensions? Also, were guys just not open or is mason just really bad outside the pocket? To me that was his biggest weakness, maybe cause murry was so great on move, but given our ol, he has to be able to still see the field and throw on the run... And further than 5 yds..