TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,787 posts in this topic

are we 100 percent sure hes the starter next year? i remember big thingd being said about christian lemay when we got him out of high school

Uriah Lemay has a better shot at getting snaps at qb than Christian does.

That's a good write up. It may take Murray 1-3 years to really get going but I believe in 5 years he will be a starter in the NFL, which is higher than a lot of people think he will go.

That's a good write up. It may take Murray 1-3 years to really get going but I believe in 5 years he will be a starter in the NFL, which is higher than a lot of people think he will go.

Great college qb, but I'm not convinced that he will ever be a starter in the NFL, injury or not.

are we 100 percent sure hes the starter next year? i remember big thingd being said about christian lemay when we got him out of high school

Would look at Ramsey well before Lemay. There's a reason the players have nicknamed him "The Truth" and I've heard that the coaches have a lot of confidence in him so I expect him to jump Bauta on the depth chart and give Mason competition next year.

Which coach on the staff do we get rid of to hire a special teams coach? People always ask for us to hire one but they never realize that we're maxed out for coaches.

I totally understand that we are maxed out, but if we don't realize it's an f-ing need! We r idiots! At this point it's as important as an ol or lb coach! We lose a 1.5 games a year because I'd st.

Just a mention of how god awful our special teams has been, u don't lost half a game, just saying, we don't win games st loses games for us per year

Great college qb, but I'm not convinced that he will ever be a starter in the NFL, injury or not.

IDK, our players have a tendency to play better in the pros than college...not saying Bobo and Richt aren't great QB coaches because I believe they are, but here's hoping this kid hasn't reached his full potential yet. We know how much he studies the game and how hard he works, hopefully it will pay off at the next level for him!

what are the rumblings of a UGA coach potentially being cut loose? Trouble? Sac?

before everyone gets hopes up, doesnt appear to be CTG

MM on returning to school next year.

Q: You're eligible to turn pro if you chose. So let's be clear about this: Are you definitely returning to Georgia for next season?

A: "Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. I could (turn pro), but I don’t see that happening. I haven’t accomplished everything I want to accomplish here, as a person or as an athlete."

disagree on your comment about our playmakers.. we have playmakers back there, but they are very young.. tray matthews, shaq wiggins, sheldon dawson, josh harvey clemson, and langley are all playmakers imo . now the question just how fast will they grow up? no telling, but a full year of playing and an offseason of s&c and additional learning will go a lot toward their improvement.

I think UGA has a lot of high potential guys in the secondary, but I can't call them play makers yet. I really like Wiggins, he made an awesome play against Vandy, but beyond that, Its more potential then actually making plays.

Bond with former UGA QBs big for Murray

"If you just look at stats, you say, 'Since he's been quarterback, Georgia has not won a big game.' I get it, I agree. But does it mean that I could win the big game because when we played in the SEC championship, we only gave up three points [to Arkansas in 2002]? Does that mean that I could win the big game and he couldn't? No, of course not. It's not fair to compare the two. ... The way that he has played this year I think has completely erased any doubt of whether or not he could play big in big moments."

-- Former Georgia QB David Greene

“I think people will say he was arguably one of the best quarterbacks to play at the University of Georgia, but … There's an asterisk right there. They didn't get that championship and that kind of stuff. But in my book, he's No. 1. He's done it all. The numbers don't lie. He's put them in position, and obviously he can't play defense and special teams. He's definitely had a great career and worthy of being one of the best.”

-- Former Georgia QB D.J. Shockley

That's pretty awesome. Enjoyed reading those quotes. If Greene doesn't have Pollack and that defense/SP, UGA doesn't win the East in 2002. How many times did Boss Bailey block a field goal? Or return game flip field position? I really wish we could have seen AM with that kind of defense.

That's pretty awesome. Enjoyed reading those quotes. If Greene doesn't have Pollack and that defense/SP, UGA doesn't win the East in 2002. How many times did Boss Bailey block a field goal? Or return game flip field position? I really wish we could have seen AM with that kind of defense.

If this offense had played with that defense we'd be having some very different conversations right now.

Anybody heard anything about multiple coaching changes coming on Monday and Tuesday??

I aint heard jack. Of course I haven't been on Twitter any either.

Anybody heard anything about multiple coaching changes coming on Monday and Tuesday??

Nothing specific nor too credible. I posted earlier about a vague rumor of a possible change but not CTG.. I think Lakatos and or Friend would be the most probable. Didnt hear a time frame neither