TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,787 posts in this topic

Cordy Glenn looked like a guard playing left tackle for us - slow and out of place, speed rushers blowing by him. Now he's the starting left tackle for the Buffalo Bills. I chalk it up to better coaching and strength & conditioning.

Cordy Glenn top 3 in pass block efficiency

BuffaloBills.com (blog) ‎- 19 hours ago

I don't see the situation with our tackles getting any better next year, either. Special teams monkey business and defensive coordinators come and go, but the most chronic issue during Richt's tenure has definitely been the offensive line.

Hopefully friend starts getting some heat and pressur. Hope our next one more ol is a juco ot. We need immediate depth there. Aside from the obvious defensive issues, the biggest concern is ol- mason may have a full cubbord w weapons, but we can't protect murry and we lose 3 soldid starters, he will be awful if we can't protect him being new.

Defense should be much improved next year I think simply by virtue of game experience. Whether Grantham is the DC or not, I don't know... I have a feeling he will not be. My only real concern for the 2014 Dawgs is that offensive line. I trust that Mason will be good to go, but protection will be important since he's not a scrambler.

Defense should be much improved next year I think simply by virtue of game experience.

I'm not sold on that notion. We had plenty of guys with game experience last year, who are now in the NFL...

Cordy Glenn looked like a guard playing left tackle for us - slow and out of place, speed rushers blowing by him. Now he's the starting left tackle for the Buffalo Bills. I chalk it up to better coaching and strength & conditioning.

Cordy Glenn top 3 in pass block efficiency

BuffaloBills.com (blog) ‎- 19 hours ago

I don't see the situation with our tackles getting any better next year, either. Special teams monkey business and defensive coordinators come and go, but the most chronic issue during Richt's tenure has definitely been the offensive line.

I look to Geno Atkins too. Was a good DT at UGA, but never a superstar. His senior year was pretty dang good, but look at him now. Many think he is the best DT in the NFL right now. Let that sink in. BEST IN THE NFL, yet just above average as a Dawg. Coaching them UP has seemed to be a problem in all phases. Fortunately, some of these kids are so talented, i.e. Murray, Gurley, they have been able to shine even though the coaching seems to dull their talents.

JMHO.

Edited by DeaconDawg

I'm not sold on that notion. We had plenty of guys with game experience last year, who are now in the NFL...

This is spot on.

it's a hamstring and even though he is finally back practicing that didn't mean he was ready to play. he must play against florida however. he has had limited reps before vandy but he should have 2 weeks of reps before the florida gae. we are way too beat up at wr to even have a shot if he doesn't play..

no.. you don't redshirt a juco.

Is that a rule or just good practice? I know he was down for a while on the bummed hamstring.

And if we had that defense this year we'd be undefeated imo.

It's obvious what the lack of experience cost us this year... in the secondary in particular. They will be better next season.

Has Langley played at all since being burned repeatedly the first month of the season?

I have been wondering the same thing. I don't like how guys get very little playing time. Especially when there doesn't seem to be a big drop off from one guy to the next. It's not like the defense has stopped anyone with any players out there. Get these guys some experience.

And if we had that defense this year we'd be undefeated imo.

It's obvious what the lack of experience cost us this year... in the secondary in particular. They will be better next season.

I'd take Jarivs Jones, Ogletree, Rambo and S. Williams back any day! But the defense underachieved last year too. It's always about next season with this team.........

I'd take Jarivs Jones, Ogletree, Rambo and S. Williams back any day! But the defense underachieved last year too. It's always about next season with this team.........

True, but we saw last years defense step up and make plays when they needed to. No doubt they underperformed but they also didn't give up 30+ to any team with a pulse and they made key plays to help win a few games.

Has Langley played at all since being burned repeatedly the first month of the season?

I'm pretty sure I've seen him play a little bit here and there...

I'm pretty sure I've seen him play a little bit here and there...

Theres a reason. Would not be shocked if you don't see him at all next season.............

Music city bowl bound? What scenrio might land us in gator or SOMEWHERE lil better

Not sure but im guessing anyone we play is getting rolled slap over

Hoping for music city so I can go. The compass bowl would work but I don't want to go to Birmingham.

no way we go that far down if we win out.. the worst is chickfila or gator bowl.

Last few years CBS and espn have been right on thier projection and both have us headed to music city. I doubt that's based on us not winning out.

Last few years CBS and espn have been right on thier projection and both have us headed to music city. I doubt that's based on us not winning out.

they change their predictions weekly that's why they are right.. it is pretty easy to change it every week to eventually get it right. if we win out it's the gator or chickfila.