TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,681 posts in this topic

What's been going on with Xzavier Ward? During spring and fall camp he was being looked at as a starter; has he even gotten on the field this season?

Believe he injured his knee about 2 months ago and hasn't recovered, story of our season!!

Believe he injured his knee about 2 months ago and hasn't recovered, story of our season!!

smh.. horrible to see a season derailed like this.

smh.. horrible to see a season derailed like this.

I'm in a good mood! Let's look at the positives! A lot of young guys are playing due to injuries and such. This should only help us next year. Seems like all the rehab guys are going to be ready in time for the opener next year. Gurley, Bennett, Matthews, and JHC all look like they will be ready this week. My buddy is good friends with Chris Conley and Chris texted him last week saying he will play.

(And not to be "that guy"... But hopefully we only have another month or so to deal with Grantham and his defense :P )

If we can beat UF, Auburn (who has no defense, but neither do we!), and GT... We can find some reasons to smile again lol

Go Dawgs! And Happy Halloween to you guys!

Bauta might be the guy in two years. After not hearing much about him he is now 3rd string. Sounds like he has a good work ethic also. He might be the guy I root for. Love an underdog.

Bauta might be the guy in two years. After not hearing much about him he is now 3rd string. Sounds like he has a good work ethic also. He might be the guy I root for. Love an underdog.

Will Bobo know how to utilize his different skill sets?

I'm in a good mood! Let's look at the positives! A lot of young guys are playing due to injuries and such. This should only help us next year. Seems like all the rehab guys are going to be ready in time for the opener next year. Gurley, Bennett, Matthews, and JHC all look like they will be ready this week. My buddy is good friends with Chris Conley and Chris texted him last week saying he will play.

(And not to be "that guy"... But hopefully we only have another month or so to deal with Grantham and his defense tongue.png )

If we can beat UF, Auburn (who has no defense, but neither do we!), and GT... We can find some reasons to smile again lol

Go Dawgs! And Happy Halloween to you guys!

You're saying Conley plays? I thought Richt said he was out.

Well at least JSW was smart enough to wait until he was injured and out for good to get caught. I'm curious to see what punishment he gets on this one. Since he can't play are they going to make this retroactive to next year or whenever he heals up and is ready to play?

He will miss the 1st two games of next season, I guarantee.... Anyone know how close gurley is to 100 percent? And conley is for sure out tmrw?

He will miss the 1st two games of next season, I guarantee.... Anyone know how close gurley is to 100 percent? And conley is for sure out tmrw?

as TD said he will miss the clemson game.

Things that make you go hmm...

@ESPNChing: Stat that surprised me in story I just tweeted: UGA has held every opponent but one (Tenn) below its current season avg for total offense

Tells me a couple things.

Special teams woes have given our opposition some favorable field position (if not outright giving up points).

Our defense has not forced turnovers.

Lack of turnovers and inability to get off the field on 3rd down have killed us!!

I was thinking about something today along these lines. I wonder how many points we give up to the opponents offense when we don't go 3 and out on their initial drive?

Lack of turnovers and inability to get off the field on 3rd down have killed us!!

the other reality is we have played one of the toughest schedules against some great offenses as well. some teams have faced 1 team on their schedule like that while we have faced many of them and yeah that does matter. look at alabama they played 1 great offense and they gave up 42 points to them while they have played okay to crap offenses the rest of the year. no doubt UGA's defense needs to improve and imo we have the past few games. our secondary is playing better and our front 7 is as well. the guys are gaining confidence and these young guys are growing up. the one thing missing imo is tray in our defensive backfield. him not being healthy is pretty big imo.. we don't have anyone with his physical ability back there and it would have been great to see how he would be now with a number of games under his belt we have a huge game with auburn and it will give us a good idea how far along we are. they are going to put up points because gus has a heck of a system.

the other reality is we have played one of the toughest schedules against some great offenses as well. some teams have faced 1 team on their schedule like that while we have faced many of them and yeah that does matter. look at alabama they played 1 great offense and they gave up 42 points to them while they have played okay to crap offenses the rest of the year. no doubt UGA's defense needs to improve and imo we have the past few games. our secondary is playing better and our front 7 is as well. the guys are gaining confidence and these young guys are growing up. the one thing missing imo is tray in our defensive backfield. him not being healthy is pretty big imo.. we don't have anyone with his physical ability back there and it would have been great to see how he would be now with a number of games under his belt we have a huge game with auburn and it will give us a good idea how far along we are. they are going to put up points because gus has a heck of a system.

I agree with you Sac. And I know people are hard on Ramik Wilson...But I think he is playing really good. What Ive seen from him more than Herrera is that ramik will attack the LOS. He will get up in there and mix it up. Herrera will to but Herrera plays more consistent and conservative and wont shoot a gap unless he knows he can make the play, ramik seems always on the attack. the only issue I ever had with tree last year was he hardly attacked the LOS.

SacFalcFan likes this

I agree with you Sac. And I know people are hard on Ramik Wilson...But I think he is playing really good. What Ive seen from him more than Herrera is that ramik will attack the LOS. He will get up in there and mix it up. Herrera will to but Herrera plays more consistent and conservative and wont shoot a gap unless he knows he can make the play, ramik seems always on the attack. the only issue I ever had with tree last year was he hardly attacked the LOS.

our ilbs have played great imo this year. there is no doubt they are making plays all over the field. leonard floyd clearly is more of a great athlete than a great player. he is learning a lot, but he has made plenty of plays as well. jordan jenkins has been very close to a number of sacks and just missed it. jordan however imo needs to get more pressure. linebacking position has been overall strong for us this year. the dline has been great imo and they are only getting better.. garrison smith and ray drew have been "beasts". the big issue has been the secondary, but they are coming along and playing better than earlier in the year and it's great to see sheldon playing. he really has been impressive and i love shaq wiggins. regarding swann he has had a rough year, but a big part of that is he has tried to "make" up for other players who were still learning and i think that has hurt him some. safety play is better with moore. mauger needs to improve, but we need tray back.

I think we are really gonna miss garrison next year. I think more than we miss Jarvis this year. Garrison has just become DOMINANT!