TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,681 posts in this topic

I just don't believe Richt played him, I know that he's had that nagging injury but I think he was fully recovered however his practice habits and attitude are the most likely reason for him not playing IMO.

Aren't they looking to red shirt him for the year?

Does anybody know what happened to Rumph against Vandy? Was he not 100% or did he reinjure himself or was he just not up to speed yet?

it's a hamstring and even though he is finally back practicing that didn't mean he was ready to play. he must play against florida however. he has had limited reps before vandy but he should have 2 weeks of reps before the florida gae. we are way too beat up at wr to even have a shot if he doesn't play..

Aren't they looking to red shirt him for the year?

no.. you don't redshirt a juco.

Everything alright with Sac? Haven't seen him on here in a while.

yep as ransack said i don't have a laptop right now.. one i am rebuilding and the other has a power cable issue or battery issue. however i was in cancun for the past few weeks and am back (i wish i was still in cancun.. lol) . i am using my wife's macbook for a few days while i work out rebuilding my laptop.

If the rumors hold any weight, I don't think it matters even if our defense has a complete turnaround and starts playing as well as anyone in the country. If the talk coming out of Athens is true then Grantham is out at the end of the season regardless. Wouldn't surprise me if he's not coaching for the bowl game.

i wouldn't waste my time believing or repeating those rumors. also it would be interesting to see who truly "leaked" rumors like this which aren't true.. UGA won't be firing grantham.. if he leaves on his own that's up to him, but the rumors were false. it reminds me of those "cmr will be fired" rumors came out and it wasn't from anyone in athens.. there is a reason rumors get out there about certain programs and coaches especially a benefit to a rival in recruiting.

i wouldn't waste my time believing or repeating those rumors. also it would be interesting to see who truly "leaked" rumors like this which aren't true.. UGA won't be firing grantham.. if he leaves on his own that's up to him, but the rumors were false. it reminds me of those "cmr will be fired" rumors came out and it wasn't from anyone in athens.. there is a reason rumors get out there about certain programs and coaches especially a benefit to a rival in recruiting.

It's quite possible, but I don't think we'll know with certainty until the season is over. I'm disappointed with him as a defensive coordinator, personally. Love him as a coach but it seems like he's just not cut out for scheming against the different offenses at the college level.

I'm hoping for a turnaround but there's very little to suggest one is coming this season. :(

I agree u don't redshirt a juco, but dang kennar, fluker and rumph must suck!!!! Fluker must be hot garbage or that hurt if mauger is on the field. I'd like to see grantham gone, or directed to simplify- a complex 3-4 is impossible for so many true frosh to be successful. I'd pay briles 5 mil to come coach tomorrow and grin ear to ear, don't want richt gone for the wrong guy but believe he could be elite- we all have craved for so long a guy that could really utilize his talent.. He's had some studs down there but seriously does more w less. I'm a dawg either way, takin my boy to see kentucky..

They are seeking to redshirt Fluker and Kennar I believe. Rumph is going to play out of need if anything else. Would have liked to see him at least in the red zone last week. He can at least learn a package or two to be available.

I agree u don't redshirt a juco, but dang kennar, fluker and rumph must suck!!!! Fluker must be hot garbage or that hurt if mauger is on the field. I'd like to see grantham gone, or directed to simplify- a complex 3-4 is impossible for so many true frosh to be successful. I'd pay briles 5 mil to come coach tomorrow and grin ear to ear, don't want richt gone for the wrong guy but believe he could be elite- we all have craved for so long a guy that could really utilize his talent.. He's had some studs down there but seriously does more w less. I'm a dawg either way, takin my boy to see kentucky..

i am in a good mood coming back from cancun so i won't say what i want to say to any fan on ths board who even mentions firing cmr.. :) anyways i will get back to the juco talk. you don't get a juco to redshirt unless other issues happen.. in the case of our jucos injuries hurt them a lot and the lack of reps did also. regarding rumph he is an nfl talent and he won't be here beyond next season and he is in a position of bigtime need. regarding shaq and kennar there is just no way they can contribute.. injuries, lack of reps, and understanding what to do means they will sit. you do not recruit a juco to redshirt so they are disappointments this year, but neither is right now nfl talented enough to not be at least in athens for 2 more years if they stay. it really is amazing to see how much of a hit we have taken with injuries this year.. i have never seen it this bad ever.

Glad to see you back Sac but you missed all my good discussion on the Georgia football program.

yeah i am sure.. biggrin.png

Easy sac, there is a big difference in being one of the toxic fans crying to fire everyone, I am simply saying - knowing he'd never come, but briles would be a great exciting hire.. I like being in the conversation, richt has put us pack in the conversation, I remember the days in the 90s when a 10 win season was a dream. Again I like where richt has the program, but really do think briles is the next big guy, whewrever he ends up. So do me a favor and calm down.

Easy sac, there is a big difference in being one of the toxic fans crying to fire everyone, I am simply saying - knowing he'd never come, but briles would be a great exciting hire.. I like being in the conversation, richt has put us pack in the conversation, I remember the days in the 90s when a 10 win season was a dream. Again I like where richt has the program, but really do think briles is the next big guy, whewrever he ends up. So do me a favor and calm down.

i am in a great mood.. smile.png well i got to go back to work tomorrow so my mood will be changing overnight.. ha.. yep i like art briles.. he is doing some great things with baylor.

Id love to see what chip Kelly could do with this talent. But on other notes, I don't see CMR firing grantham. Depending on how this season ends like 2010 hot mess then I can see CMR being on the hot seat again. And if your on the hot seat you dance with the date you brought. Just my thoughts.

Actually you may want to hold off on that.

Saying he will leave on his own is a stretch.

Edited by TroubleDawg

Actually you may want to hold off on that.

Saying he will leave on his own is a stretch.

yep he won't leave on his own and i don't believe at all CMR will fire him.. however we will wait til after the year to see what happens.

yep he won't leave on his own and i don't believe at all CMR will fire him.. however we will wait til after the year to see what happens.

Yep.

No need to worry about it now. We have football left to be played.

Yep.

No need to worry about it now. We have football left to be played.

yep.. btw i hope you are right on Grantham.. there is no excuse for this defense to be as bad as it has this year even with the youth. i can't wait for the game on saturday.

Beat Florida, Beat Auburn, Beat Tech and I walk away a happy fan this year. The bye week has me pumped about this game.

Hopefully the defense plays well and gains the confidence to carry them the rest of the season. Confidence is a huge factor when playing sports and this group lacks confidence right now.

Just heard a rumor of JHC being back for the Flo-Duh game. Is this true?

I heard several iterations. But to interpret I got he was about 50/50.

Just heard a rumor of JHC being back for the Flo-Duh game. Is this true?

"Josh Harvey-Clemons practiced the whole practice. I think he will be able to play" quote from Richt at his presser today.