TXDawg

Georgia (UGA) related News

14,407 posts in this topic

Thank you for posting. Thought they did an excellent job of grading this class.

no problem

I thought they did a really nice job as well, with my only qualm being how they rated the D-Line class. Sterling Bailey will most likely play DL and getting him eases the blow of missing Dickson IMO. They're doing the same thing a lot of us have done and are overlooking Bailey because he committed so early

IMHO I never thought we would look at USCe as our most critical game in our schedule. I agree that they are this year. Just sayin I never thought it would happen. If we do nothing else this year, I wanna see a seismic beatdown on the gaturds.

IMHO I never thought we would look at USCe as our most critical game in our schedule. I agree that they are this year. Just sayin I never thought it would happen. If we do nothing else this year, I wanna see a seismic beatdown on the gaturds. We have to turn the tide on that rivalry if we are ever going to turn the program around.

IMHO I never thought we would look at USCe as our most critical game in our schedule. I agree that they are this year. Just sayin I never thought it would happen. If we do nothing else this year, I wanna see a seismic beatdown on the gaturds. We have to turn the tide on that rivalry if we are ever going to turn the program around.

Sorry for the multiple repeat posts! Me crackberry kept sayin it errored.

I hate it when that happens. I don't really expect to get too much production out of drew next year. Offensive and defemsive line are the hardest posistions to play coming out of highschool purely from a physical standpoint. Most kids bodies are ready to go against grown men who been there for a few years. I look for all the OLB's that redshirted last year to have an impact though

I remember someone posted one up a few days ago, but I can't find it. Can someone post a list of the guys that Bobo was responsible for recruiting this year?

I remember someone posted one up a few days ago, but I can't find it. Can someone post a list of the guys that Bobo was responsible for recruiting this year?

you can go to the uga rivals page and then search that way

go to staff or wherever coaches are listed and click on Bobo

there should be a list there

I see more great news on Bobo:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6104801

and some rather bad news for bobo

http://footballrecruiting.247sports.com/Article/247Sports-names-Alabamas-Sal-Sunseri-its-recruiter-of-the-year-14621

Also for folks like me that are concerned about oversigning....alive and well at South Carolina (loved the last paragraph of this one)

http://oversigningnotes.wordpress.com/2011/02/09/south-carolinas-march-to-85-has-begun/

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sunseri???!?! Really??!? How does a guy who had to convince two kids families to push them to Bama and "somehow" got Pagan in the final moments, top Bobo? Dickson's dad got him to Bama, and CK's parents and Arie got him to Bama, not Sal. Depriest is a good pickup, I don't think he alone tops Mike's recruits though.

Oh wait. I almost forgot who founded 24/7. Rivals 2.0 anyone? They started off so well, but the bias shows through at last. :rolleyes:

you can go to the uga rivals page and then search that way

go to staff or wherever coaches are listed and click on Bobo

there should be a list there

I did, but I believe there are some discrepancies between that list and the one I saw here.

Looking at his list on Rivals, though, it is much more glaring just how underrated our class is. Out of the 10 guys he brought in, 5 are underrated, arguably 6.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sunseri???!?! Really??!? How does a guy who had to convince two kids families to push them to Bama and "somehow" got Pagan in the final moments, top Bobo? Dickson's dad got him to Bama, and CK's parents and Arie got him to Bama, not Sal. Depriest is a good pickup, I don't think he alone tops Mike's recruits though.

Oh wait. I almost forgot who founded 24/7. Rivals 2.0 anyone? They started off so well, but the bias shows through at last. :rolleyes:

Nicolae, you have to be very careful with this bunch. As much as like the guys there I've learned there is a little homerism toward Bama. They are however, just like Rivals a good site for information. Just understand the bent because as you well pointed out for Bobo or one or two of the others not to have won it is rigged.

Edited by crap sandwich

I hate it when that happens. I don't really expect to get too much production out of drew next year. Offensive and defemsive line are the hardest posistions to play coming out of highschool purely from a physical standpoint. Most kids bodies are ready to go against grown men who been there for a few years. I look for all the OLB's that redshirted last year to have an impact though

Might be wrong, but I would think as much as Grantham asks of this OLB's, might be a learning curve too.

Nicolae, you have to be very careful with this bunch. As much as like the guys there I've learned there is a little homerism toward Bama. They are however, just like Rivals a good site for information. Just understand the bent because as you well pointed out for Bobo or one or two of the others not to have won it is rigged.

Yeah, I hear you. I also wasn't trying to say that Bobo should have ran away with it, or even won, but I don't think Sunseri should have. Bobo wasn't the only guy I think was more deserving than him. Either way, Sal did do a good job this year, even if I don't think he was the best.

So congrats to Sal. :)

Edited by Nicolae

Yeah, I hear you. I also wasn't trying to say that Bobo should have ran away with it, or even won, but I don't think Sunseri should have. Bobo wasn't the only guy I think was more deserving than him. Either way, Sal did do a good job this year, even if I don't think he was the best.

So congrats to Sal. :)

Congrats to Sal, but......should he have won over the FSU coach or Bobo........think not.

I just literally lol'ed. Really loud too, it echoed in here like crazy. :lol::lol:

I laughed so hard, also because the story broke while you and I were discussing the very issue...the Brooks is fun to follow. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

When he lines up at DE in a 4-man front then he'll be able to do his thing a little better at first, but it will take Drew awhile to get the hang of OLB. He won't be asked to do a whole lot right from the get-go, like Stripling last year when pretty much all he did was rush the passer

I said something similar a few weeks back. IMO in '11 the majority of the team that we see Drew on the field, he will have his hand in the dirt as a 4-3 DE. By '12 he'll be ready to do it all.

I said something similar a few weeks back. IMO in '11 the majority of the team that we see Drew on the field, he will have his hand in the dirt as a 4-3 DE. By '12 he'll be ready to do it all.

He will be great no question about it. Since we use the 43 about 60% of the time, we will see him plenty on the field this year.

See Coach T is doing his job:

Hunter Long

hlong73 Hunter Long

Man these UGA workouts are about to kill me.

and Boo too:

BooMalcome24 Kendrun Malcome

My back and groin hurt

Edited by crap sandwich

BooMalcome24 Kendrun Malcome

My back and groin hurt

If I had to be pick 2 places where I'd least wanta be hurtin, groin and back are at the top of the list.

Edit: I gotta start proofreading more.

Edited by Billy Ocean

Always nice to hear from thebestcollegetailbackofalltime:

Herschel Walker (Official Fan Page)

Any George Bulldogs fans out there? How about the "Dream Team" Coach Mark Richt recruited? We finally kept our Georgia boys at home. Nice job Coach!