D'Hall Clears the air with Smitty

Geneaut

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2011/02/deangelo_hall_clears_the_air_w.html

Remember the last time DeAngelo Hall and Falcons Coach Mike Smith were together on a football field? That would be in November of 2009, when the Falcons beat the Redskins in Atlanta in a game featuring the above brawl.Or melee. Or altercation. Or heated discussion. Or sideline polka.

Then Hall went to Hawaii for this year's Pro Bowl, and Mike Smith was his coach. They didn't fight. Which was progress.

"I think everybody remembers the altercation I had with the Atlanta Falcons whole coaching staff, so those guys were out there [in Hawaii] coaching us," Hall said Monday on ESPN 980's John Thompson Show. "Me and Coach Smith sat down, and I told him this time I was gonna try to win him some money instead of getting him fined like I did the last time we met.

"You know, I could tell he was a little bit nervous when he first came up to me to talk, but we sat down the first night, before the meeting on Tuesday. We all have a whole big group meeting, the AFC, NFC teams, and we sat down before that just to kind of talk, clear the air. We hadn't had a chance to talk, I hadn't ran into him in Atlanta, where I stay in the offseason. It was something I think needed to be done. You know, in the heat of the battle some things happen that you don't mean to happen, and that definitely wasn't personal. So that was good to go out there and clear that air."

D'Hall manning up? And acting like an adult? Im Shocked.

Kudos to him.

That was always his biggest problem.

He did not play as bad as some people remember him. he had some bad moments but ALL corners get beat... even Deion got beat from time to time.

Hall's problem was his attitude. If he keeps that in check and does "grow up" he is a guy with top 5 talent.

He did not play as bad as some people remember him. he had some bad moments but ALL corners get beat... even Deion got beat from time to time.

Hall's problem was his attitude. If he keeps that in check and does "grow up" he is a guy with top 5 talent.

+1 He was pretty good... Fastest player in that draft wasn't he..

i highly doubt that coach was that nervous, butgood for d. hall. every time i think of him though i think of that "i own 85" shaved in his head, and just getting schooled by chad johnson. i also agree that he probably wants back in ATL.

I remember Steve Smith used to beat D-hall like a drum.

he gets beat more than any corner in the league. believe he gave up the most recs and TDs