UGA 2012 "Big Board"

Mr Pickle1

VIDEO LINKS ADDED

This is still a very rough list, and I would like to get a community "Big Board" put together, with my main list only having guys on it who are close to "consensus" picks. I mean consensus pick as in "This is who we really want, and we have a solid/good chance of getting". Not guys who are the "locks".

There are a few that are given, and there are a few who just aren't interested in UGA(J.Jenkins, D. Lee, etc)

Perhaps we can eventually have KJ give us scouting reports on the guys who eventually make up the big board.

Current count of guys on the board: 18

DEFENSE:

DE:

Jalen Fields

Jordan Watkins

Quinteze Williams

James Deloach(necessary offer if we want Taylor)

Jafar Mann

DT:

Johnathan Taylor

Daniel McCullers

OLB:

Josh Clemons

Leonard Floyd

ILB:

Raphael Kirby

CB:

1.Geno Smith

2. Deion Bonner

3. D.J. Goodman

S:

Travis Blanks

OFFENSE:

QB:

Greyson Lambert

Zeke Pike?

Gunner Kiel?

RB:

1. Keith Marshall

Marshall Soph

FB:

Quayvon Hicks

WR:

C.J. Curry

Lonnie Outlaw

TE:

Ty Smith

Artimas Samuel

Samuel Soph???

Ricky Parks

OT:

1. John Theus

2. Jessamen Dunker

3. Brandon Greene

OG:

Joe Harris

OC:

SPECIAL TEAMS:

1. Marshall Morgan

Morgan Jr 1

Morgan Jr 2

What are the additions/subtractions/changes the board would like to make?

Edited by Mr Pickle1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These can be thrown around as well:

RB/FB Kenno Loyal - I asked somewhere else but not sure I got a response - are we recruiting him as a FB for when Bruce leaves and Zander is the only one we have?

OL Alex Jauregui - haven't we been on this kid for years now?

These can be thrown around as well:

RB/FB Kenno Loyal - I asked somewhere else but not sure I got a response - are we recruiting him as a FB for when Bruce leaves and Zander is the only one we have?

OL Alex Jauregui - haven't we been on this kid for years now?

Jauregui is 2012? Wow...yeah, I've been hearing his name for a long, long time. But not lately.

Names to put in a "sandbox" so to speak:

FB:

Kenno Loyal?

DE:

Quayvon Hicks

Jafar Mann

Jordan Watkins

Derius Bennet

OLB:

Josh Dawson

Jarontay Jones

S:

Travis Blanks

Shaq Goodwin

WR:

Jaquay Williams

ILB:

J. Cameron.

OT:

Alex Jaregui

Coach P,

Does it just have to be guys from the State of Georgia? I know Marshall and Jones are not, but just wondered.

Better question, these are just locks correct?

Edited by crap sandwich

Coach P,

Does it just have to be guys from the State of Georgia? I know Marshall and Jones are not, but just wondered.

not P but I don't think it has to be state of georgia kids and it's not locks per se, but kids that we have are in good position for (see his explanation above)

Coach P,

No, sorry if I made anyone think either of those. These are guys from any state, and they aren't necessarily "locks", but simply the guys we'd really like to have, and we have a good shot at.

Doubt we get Parks but we'll see. It's a long way to go.

McCullers isn't a guy we've offered. He is so huge and if we get Taylor, I don't think we ever offer.

Cawgs or Gie!

agreed. But though I was following guidelines. Parks is listed as HOT on Georgia 247, along with Theus and some others, rather than warm or cool.

But KJ, McCullers is 402lb, 6'6", just imagine a goal line situation with him and Jenkins in the game. :D

Edited by crap sandwich

agreed. But though I was following guidelines. Parks is listed as HOT on Georgia 247, along with Theus and some others, rather than warm or cool.

But KJ, McCullers is 402lb, 6'6", just imagine a goal line situation with him and Jenkins in the game. :D

I'm going to go ahead and add Parks and McCullers...if we get new info on them, they can be taken off. Once we get all the names on there, we can start ranking them in order of importance at their respective positions.

Clearly, Taylor would be the top target at NT...but if he goes elsewhere, we'd likely revolve to McCullers, if he continues to get in shape.

I'm going to go ahead and add Parks and McCullers...if we get new info on them, they can be taken off. Once we get all the names on there, we can start ranking them in order of importance at their respective positions.

Clearly, Taylor would be the top target at NT...but if he goes elsewhere, we'd likely revolve to McCullers, if he continues to get in shape.

agreed.

Cody basically confirmed that FSU isn't after him, so UGA can be a major player. I will add him. His film is wonderful....

yeah I remember everyone raving about him after camp last summer

pretty sure he prefers CB but he could be good at either

personally I'd like him at CB, he could be like Janoris Jenkins or Patrick Peterson because he's big, strong, physical and fast

Edited by sreeves324

My understanding is that we're just going to take 2 cb's....Bonner and likely G. Smith.

I think if we take Blanks, it will be at Safety. Is there a reason you prefer him at CB? I don't deny that he'd fit there too, but he seems like a guy who's just a rangy, physical athlete who can play both. He put some HITS on guys in his highlight film.