Sandra Golden joining 680 the fan

setr

790 started sucking when the Stews went national and quit talking about ATL sports, and then they achieved optimal suckage when Chernoff and da Kang left.

As compelling as it is hearing about where Steak Shapiro ate dinner last night (soooo interesting :rolleyes: ), I think I'll stick to 680.

Wow, this is something. Seems like 680 is KILLING 790. Losing all that talent, and they lost the Hawks if I'm correct. Braves talk is on 680 as well. Something is wrong up top with 790. If you see your product getting killed like this, why aren't you willing to change things up?

Wow, this is something. Seems like 680 is KILLING 790. Losing all that talent, and they lost the Hawks if I'm correct. Braves talk is on 680 as well. Something is wrong up top with 790. If you see your product getting killed like this, why aren't you willing to change things up?

Don't know why, but it really sucks for all of us. How can a city as large as Atlanta with NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL franchises only have ONE real sports talk radio station? I ask because if 790 keeps the current trend I imagine they're going to fold.

And yes, the Stews suck.

680 the fan talks a lot about college football and Atlanta sports which meets the demands of what their audience wants to hear. since the stews are national they are always talking about the topic story in sports or going off on a tangent about something irrelevant and mike bell is always talking about some women he is trying to get with.

Edited by setr

I was listening to 790 this morning because of a commercial break for 680, and Steak said one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. He said something to the effect of, "Here at 790 we don't make it a big deal about being the home of the Hawks, the Thrashers or any of that stuff. We care more about entertaining you. We pay attention to what people tell us entertains you. I want you to pay close attention to us and the other guys and see all we do to make sure we put the most entertaining stuff on the radio."

Ok, either he's lying, or what idiot told this man what they do on that station is entertaining?? I have a hard time believing that there are males that are telling him that they want to hear the crap they put out.

Let's see it has been

Chuck Oliver

Matt Chernoff

Kincaid

Dennis Scott

Sandra Golden

It's just a matter of time before Dimino or Mike Bell bounces.

This really shows that 790 doesn't pay well..

I totally agree, if Chilini and Domino left 790 and went to 680, I would never listen to 790 again. The only time I really do is when Steakie is gone and listen to Chilini and Domino, like the old Bottom line days. I cannot stand Steak Shapiro and also if you didn't know hes half owner of 790, his rich parents helped him buy it. So kind of gives him carte blanche to do what he wants. Hes a HORRIBLE analyst. 680 kills 790 and mainly they do it for themselves. Glad Sandra got a clue and left, guess her TV gig she got crashed and burned. ;)

I used to listen to the Stews when they came out, but once they went syndicated, the show is BS now, I don't want to hear about the Lakers, or any other teams. :(

Edited by nativefalcon

I totally agree, if Chilini and Domino left 790 and went to 680, I would never listen to 790 again. The only time I really do is when Steakie is gone and listen to Chilini and Domino, like the old Bottom line days. I cannot stand Steak Shapiro and also if you didn't know hes half owner of 790, his rich parents helped him buy it. So kind of gives him carte blanche to do what he wants. Hes a HORRIBLE analyst. 680 kills 790 and mainly they do it for themselves. Glad Sandra got a clue and left, guess her TV gig she got crashed and burned. ;)

I used to listen to the Stews when they came out, but once they went syndicated, the show is BS now, I don't want to hear about the Lakers, or any other teams. :(

I thought Steak still owned the station too, but he sold his part in it. He's a "brand manager" now. I think that means he can be canned, but not sure.

Guest AtlWhite84

680 just has the perfect lineup. They've got all local radio with a little bit of national thrown in with Cowherd and it's a winning formula. Chuck & Chernoff has been killing everything else on the radio in ratings, including Buck & Kincaid, who had held that mantle for a long time.

Rude Awakening in the morning is good too. Christopher Rude is the intelligent and funny one with a pop-culture background having done FM music radio at 96 Rock, and Leo Mazzone and Perry Florentina really give you two people to just hate with every ounce of your existence, keeps me tuned it. The one thing I can't listen to on 680 is Buck & Kincaid. I hate both of them so much that there's never anyone for me to agree with so I don't have an interest in listening. As bad as it sounds, I'd rather listen to Pollack and Bell than those two clowns. At least Mike Bell makes me laugh sometimes.

Words cannot express how totally annoying I find Steak Shapiro to be. I put him in the same category with Tom (now you have a friend in the diamond business) Shane and Ken (one call thats all) Nugent. As soon as I hear their voices, the radio dial is turned immediately. I dont want anything bad to happen to them but I absolutely despise all of them and just wish they would simply go away.

I could not possibly care less what Steaky had to eat at the Fabulous Palm Restaurant. His radio talent reminds me of those people on the "People of Walmart" website. I think we would all agree that someone should tell those people that 400 pound women in tight purple spandex is not attractive. Likewise, someone who cares about Steaky should clue him in that he is an obnoxious, irritating and non-funny person and it is like fingernails on a chalkboard when I hear his schtick on the radio.

680 during baseball season is painful if you're not a baseball fan. All they talk about is the Braves all day every day.

I don't get all the hate for Steak Shapiro. He never talks about food so I guess the complainers just aren't really listening. I like 790's morning show. And in the afternoon Mike Bell is hilarious. Much better than Suck and Kincaid. That show is like listening to two slow rednecks who are out of touch with modern culture.

I will add that if you like football, the Barnhart and Durham show on 790 is a MUST listen. These two guys have forgotten more about the inner workings of football that most of us have ever known. I generally like Colin Cowherd, but I will switch over to 790 every day of the week when Tony and Wes are on...give it a listen if you haven't already.

I will add that if you like football, the Barnhart and Durham show on 790 is a MUST listen. These two guys have forgotten more about the inner workings of football that most of us have ever known. I generally like Colin Cowherd, but I will switch over to 790 every day of the week when Tony and Wes are on...give it a listen if you haven't already.

Agreed. Tony and Wes sling some serious football knowledge.

Guest AtlWhite84

680 during baseball season is painful if you're not a baseball fan. All they talk about is the Braves all day every day.

I don't get all the hate for Steak Shapiro. He never talks about food so I guess the complainers just aren't really listening. I like 790's morning show. And in the afternoon Mike Bell is hilarious. Much better than Suck and Kincaid. That show is like listening to two slow rednecks who are out of touch with modern culture.

Yeah except Kincaid was born and raised in Philly.

The dumb, slow redneck whose out of touch with mordern culture thing definitely applies to Buck Belue though.

that what they do when Football season is going on they talk about Football 24/7. They also talk about Football a lot when the season is over as well.

it seems like you work for 790 the zone with all the mike bell and steak shapiro love.

Sorry man, gotta disagree. Steak is TERRIBLE. Absolutely awful. This is not debateable, it is fact lol. He talks about restaurants and non sports related stuff alot and ruins any show he touches. I've come to the conclusion I really like the other hosts, just not him. I honestly believe that if he were removed, the ratings would go up.