Do we have enough history to make the superbowl?

crankdatfalcon

We all know the packers and steelers are 2 of the most storied franchises in the nfl and the whole 2 weeks, all you heard was about the great history these 2 franchises have, so do we have enough history to keep espn busy for the 2 weeks before the superbowl to keep them busy next season (if their is a season)???They can pull up the gritzblitz days, and the year we drafted deion, and our 1998 superbowl season, but what else???Of course they would talk about our playoff runs with mora and vick, and first season with mike and matt but those didnt end too well. Next season i can see 2 teams without all that much history like the falcons vs chargers or chiefs. The

We have a long storied history. Unfortunately, it's not been a good one(kinda like the french army). Remember Dave Hampton our first 1000 yard back? He was the first falcon to rush for over 1000 yards so they stopped the game and gave him the game ball, etc ... Well, the very next play he lost yardage and ended up with 997 yards for the season (or something like that). That's historic!

Got to throw You Know Who into those percentages too...

Most of the talk about Vick this year was about his play which was well deserved so I don't see what your getting at. In any case I don't see him being brought up that much unless it's about the rise of this new regime.

considerine skip baylesss & ESPN and any fan of another team thinks were a joke, nope.

Well it is a known fact and probably even more known now after this year that nobody outside of the Metro Area gives two skits about the falcons. It's crazy because a few years ago everyone loved us and we had a following, but maybe that was love for one particular player than the actual team.

Edited by Atl/0

For some reason I thought getting to the Super Bowl was about winning your conference championship game, not your team's history. Weird.

you get to the bowl by winning the conference yes, but the media needs something to talk about for 2 weeks so of course they need material to use.