MM ain't going any where!

Caddieman

I am not too mad. MM can do it. He got us to be 5th in scoring but he needs to adjust and use his players more effectively. Roddy getting 115 catches is ridiculous with Jenkins only getting <50. In 08, MM had a really good offensive gameplan week in and week out but we weren't 5th in scoring. This year he was a lot more conservative yet we scored more than the beloved Saints next door.

All I am saying is, the man had his hands tied missing speed from his offense and still put up points. Give him a healthy HD, Meier, another very capable YAC WR and a multi-purpose RB and then if he doesn't up it back up then I can no longer have the little bit of back of his that I am defending.

I know I was on the "fire Mularkey" bandwagon earlier in the season, but all this talk about adding explosion to the offense has me cautiously optimistic going forward...

As long as we see the "explosion" from Mularkey and this offense that TD and Smith have been talking about, I could care less....

Who knows...TD and Smith could have gotten together with Mularkey and discussed that the scheme may need some tweaking to add that explosion factor....We will just find out, and I hope for the best for the offense and team going forward....

I believe....

I know I was on the "fire Mularkey" bandwagon earlier in the season, but all this talk about adding explosion to the offense has me cautiously optimistic going forward...

As long as we see the "explosion" from Mularkey and this offense that TD and Smith have been talking about, I could care less....

Who knows...TD and Smith could have gotten together with Mularkey and discussed that the scheme may need some tweaking to add that explosion factor....We will just find out, and I hope for the best for the offense and team going forward....

I believe....

Talk is cheap!.........Do we even have a 5 wide formation?

it's been 3 years and folks still think that he hasn't opened up the playbook :rolleyes:.

Face it fellas what you see now is what your going to get as long he is here. Either his style is not working anymore or he's doing everything he can to maximize our strengths while minimizing our weaknesses.

Thus this ultra conservative offense with the explosiveness of a firecracker in the rain.

it's been 3 years and folks still think that he hasn't opened up the playbook :rolleyes:.

Face it fellas what you see now is what your going to get as long he is here. Either his style is not working anymore or he's doing everything he can to maximize our strengths while minimizing our weaknesses.

Thus this ultra conservative offense with the explosiveness of a firecracker in the rain.

Think back 3 years ago. We had more explosive plays because we had our two fast players healthy. Norwood and Douglas are the only speedy players we have on offense besides Roddy. Those two both have been down the last two years. Our explosive plays have been truncated because of it. Harry flashed what he could do as a rookie. This year he had little chemistry with Ryan while trying to overcome his ACL tear. Give MM some more explosive players before you write him off. We were 5th in points this season. Clearly something was working.

Think back 3 years ago. We had more explosive plays because we had our two fast players healthy. Norwood and Douglas are the only speedy players we have on offense besides Roddy. Those two both have been down the last two years. Our explosive plays have been truncated because of it. Harry flashed what he could do as a rookie. This year he had little chemistry with Ryan while trying to overcome his ACL tear. Give MM some more explosive players before you write him off. We were 5th in points this season. Clearly something was working.

I don't think you understand what I meant.

some posters still are saying we haven't opened up the playbook yet but that's pretty stupid to say after 3 seasons. like I said before if people are complaining about the offense then it's either his style is outdated or we are just not good player wise but that's kinda hard to believe when you have pro bowlers in almost all skill positions. There are still questions if Ryan is part of the reason we have a crappy deep game but that's a debate for another day.

I don't think you understand what I meant.

some posters still are saying we haven't opened up the playbook yet but that's pretty stupid to say after 3 seasons. like I said before if people are complaining about the offense then it's either his style is outdated or we are just not good player wise but that's kinda hard to believe when you have pro bowlers in almost all skill positions. There are still questions if Ryan is part of the reason we have a crappy deep game but that's a debate for another day.

I don't think we are good playerwise:

Would you really be scared of Jenkins beating you if you were Gregg Williams gameplanning against the Falcons? Would you be scared of Finneran going deep against you? How about Ryan connecting with a WR fresh from an ACL tear and little chemistry? No you wouldn't. Yes we have a good RB and good TE but the TE can no longer stretch the field due to age thus allowing us to negate both by putting 8 in the box. Plus, the elite WR we have is easily negated like all other good WRs by rolling the safety over top. We only have 3 weapons on offense. I just explained how to stop all 3 easily which is how the Saints and Packers did it. But we still managed 30+ wins. With 3 weapons for Ryan. Give him some chemistry with HD, another true threat at WR, don't forget Meier, and a speedy back capable of taking a dump off the distance and things will open up a lot more. All of this can happen in one offseason. Norwood is always hurt, we drafted 2 WRs yet both went down. Clearly, they were in the future plans but couldn't be utilized due to injury.

I blame it on the caliber of players because he is essentially using the same pieces from the 07 squad except he has Turner and Gonzo (albeit different QBs but I don't count them as a weapon since they need additional weapons to be a weapon themselves, besides Vick). We haven't fully invested in our offense like we have our defense. Look how many 2nd and 3rd year starters we have on defense compared to offense.

Until we fully invest on the offensive side of the ball, I can't full write MM off. And I wanted him gone like a lot of other people.

Edited by vel

I don't think we are good playerwise:

Would you really be scared of Jenkins beating you if you were Gregg Williams gameplanning against the Falcons? Would you be scared of Finneran going deep against you? How about Ryan connecting with a WR fresh from an ACL tear and little chemistry? No you wouldn't. Yes we have a good RB and good TE but the TE can no longer stretch the field due to age thus allowing us to negate both by putting 8 in the box. Plus, the elite WR we have is easily negated like all other good WRs by rolling the safety over top. We only have 3 weapons on offense. I just explained how to stop all 3 easily which is how the Saints and Packers did it. But we still managed 30+ wins. With 3 weapons for Ryan. Give him some chemistry with HD, another true threat at WR, don't forget Meier, and a speedy back capable of taking a dump off the distance and things will open up a lot more. All of this can happen in one offseason. Norwood is always hurt, we drafted 2 WRs yet both went down. Clearly, they were in the future plans but couldn't be utilized due to injury.

I blame it on the caliber of players because he is essentially using the same pieces from the 07 squad except he has Turner and Gonzo (albeit different QBs but I don't count them as a weapon since they need additional weapons to be a weapon themselves, besides Vick). We haven't fully invested in our offense like we have our defense. Look how many 2nd and 3rd year starters we have on defense compared to offense.

Until we fully invest on the offensive side of the ball, I can't full write MM off. And I wanted him gone like a lot of other people.

We need a fast pure pass catching TE and a burner at WR..............then MM can go! :lol: :blink:

He actually closed the playbook. Ryan had much more throws down the field his first year than he did this year.

Edited by Mr. Right

He actually closed the playbook. Ryan had much more throws down the field his first year than he did this year.

If that's the case then why? Is it because he could get away with it playing scrubby teams his first year and then realizing that it wouldn't work that well against teams that can actually play defense?

Honestly I don't think he closed it he's just calling what works more frequently with what we have player-wise.

If that's the case then why? Is it because he could get away with it playing scrubby teams his first year and then realizing that it wouldn't work that well against teams that can actually play defense?

Honestly I don't think he closed it he's just calling what works more frequently with what we have player-wise.

yeah i like what you said about calling what works. my problem with that is that defenses know what works best with your team. he needs to change that mentality and be WAY more diverse...

yeah i like what you said about calling what works. my problem with that is that defenses know what works best with your team. he needs to change that mentality and be WAY more diverse...

That's a good point so then I ask what if he can't? It's like playing jenga when it's a point where trying to do too much could collapse the whole thing. What if MM is already doing everything possible to get the offense at its full potential, and then trying to do something that could gave them a top 10 offense with a low turnover rate to 15 or so with a lot more turnovers.

I don't necessarily believe that would happen just putting that thought up for something to discuss for others here. We have a long off season so why not bring up every angle lol.