Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hawkeye

Which RB would you prefer

18 posts in this topic

I won't say who they are, but from reading the scouting reports

which one would you choose?

A

When the guy is 100 percent healthy, he's one of the more dynamic backs in college football. He's shifty, explosive and has a great feel for tight areas. Looks like a guy who can be a threat both in space and between the tackles at the next level, and in my opinion is one of the top running back prospects in the nation and looks like a nice change of pace guy at the next level.

B

His pure straight-line speed will allow him to find a niche as a third-down type option/special teams guy in the NFL, as he has the ability to hit a home run every time he gets his hands on the football. But he isn't overly fluid or instinctive and seems to rely on his ability to simply outpace defenders toward the edge, something he won't be able to get away with in the NFL. Needs to play in space in order to be effective.

I won't say who they are, but from reading the scouting reports

which one would you choose?

A

When the guy is 100 percent healthy, he's one of the more dynamic backs in college football. He's shifty, explosive and has a great feel for tight areas. Looks like a guy who can be a threat both in space and between the tackles at the next level, and in my opinion is one of the top running back prospects in the nation and looks like a nice change of pace guy at the next level.

B

His pure straight-line speed will allow him to find a niche as a third-down type option/special teams guy in the NFL, as he has the ability to hit a home run every time he gets his hands on the football. But he isn't overly fluid or instinctive and seems to rely on his ability to simply outpace defenders toward the edge, something he won't be able to get away with in the NFL. Needs to play in space in order to be effective.

A because it's Ryan Williams right? :)

B is DeMarco Murray right...I think a RB coach will help his game allot... He is like a poormans Run DMC... maybe a less hyped version.

I remember Baldy wrote a article saying how McFadden would not be a good RB... He said alot of things u said... and it was true...

But on to McFadden - I'll stand by what I said guys. I - I did the Cotton Bowl this year, that was Darren McFadden's final college game. I watched probably 7 or 8 of his games throughout the season, including the monster game against South Carolina, the big games against Kentucky, the great win against LSU. And when you watch him, he is a great college runner, he's got great speed. I mean that was demonstrated at the Combine this year when he turned out a 4.34 40. Great speed. But in the NFL, there's a lot of people with that have great speed. They just never really get much of a chance to use it. And as a running back, you've got to create your own space. There's just not tractor size holes to run through in the NFL like there are in college. You've got to break tackles, you have to make people miss and you've got to create space. And Darren McFadden doesn't do any one of those three things very well.

I just think a good RB Coach, a talented RB, and his will to get better can do allot... McFadden was looking not to good his 1st year but i can tell now how much he has improved his game.

Sidenote: I saw this

JoshBDraft

Talked with 3 directors and 2 GMs today. All agree Taiwan Jones is top 75 pick if he passes medical exams.

Dude is a really explosive RB... i like Taiwan Jones... I had him as a 3rd round RB also.... If healthy.

JBO I saw that about Jones too. He has been getting a lot

of attention lately. He seems to have good vision and COD

ability. So far nobody has guessed the two RB's. And I

thought ya'll knew these players.(LOL....just joking)

JBO I saw that about Jones too. He has been getting a lot

of attention lately. He seems to have good vision and COD

ability. So far nobody has guessed the two RB's. And I

thought ya'll knew these players.(LOL....just joking)

I mean... A 3rd down speed scat back can fit in almost either or category..lol

I thought A was Norwood...Taiwan Jones could fit that also

But my guess is Hunter and Murray

I mean... A 3rd down speed scat back can fit in almost either or category..lol

I thought A was Norwood...Taiwan Jones could fit that also

But my guess is Hunter and Murray

You are half way there.

The two backs I want are Ryan Williams and Jacquizz Rodgers. One will require a 1st and the other a 3rd.

Yea I really want Ryan Williams he can ball.

Are these prospects for the 2011 draft, or nfl RB's?

If its NFL RB's I was thinking along the lines of:

A - Norwood

B - Chris Johnson

2011 draft:

A - Kendall Hunter or Ryan Williams

B - Devine or Locke

The two backs I want are Ryan Williams and Jacquizz Rodgers. One will require a 1st and the other a 3rd.

No way would I spend a 1st on Rodgers, but I would consider a 3rd for Williams.

Are these prospects for the 2011 draft, or nfl RB's?

If its NFL RB's I was thinking along the lines of:

A - Norwood

B - Chris Johnson

2011 draft:

A - Kendall Hunter or Ryan Williams

B - Devine or Locke

Smart man. A)Kendall Hunter B)Derrick Locke

No way would I spend a 1st on Rodgers, but I would consider a 3rd for Williams.

Other way around. 1st for Williams. 3rd for Rodgers.

Williams will go early 2nd more than likely. No way he falls to the 3rd.