Full first round mock draft

Smiler11

1. Carolina (2-14) - Nick Fairley

Nick Fairley fills the Panthers biggest need.

2. Denver (4-12) - Da'Quan Bowers

John Fox needs an elite DE to run the 4-3 in Denver, and will hope Bowers will be the next Julius Peppers.

3. Buffalo (4-12) - Marcell Dareus

The Bills need someone opposite Kyle Williams, Dareus also offers them a lot of versatility.

4. Cincinnati (4-12) - Blaine Gabbert

Carson Palmer might not be in Cincinnati in 2011, and if he is then the Bengals will look for his successor.

5. Arizona (5-11) - Von Miller

Von Millers stock is soaring right now, and he fits perfectly for the Cards 3-4.

6. Cleveland (5-11) - AJ Green

Green represents great value, whilst filling a big need for the Browns.

7. San Francisco (6-10) - Patrick Peterson

Again, Peterson is great value at #7 and fills arguably the 49's biggest need.

8. Tennessee (6-10) - Cam Newton

Tennessee will hope Newton is everything that Vince Young was supposed to be. Some think it will be a reach to draft Newton top 10, but he's a better prospect than VY was coming out.

9. Dallas (6-10) - Prince Amukamura

Dallas need help in their secondary and Prince Amukamura would be a significant upgrade over what they have at CB.

10. Washington (6-10) - Jake Locker

Currently I have Locker rated as a late 1st round pick, but I expect him to soar back up draft boards after the combine and interviews. He is raw, but Shanahan will see a lot of Jay Cutler in him, who he drafted at #11 in the 2006 draft.

11. Houston (6-10) - Cameron Jordan

Jordan had a great senior bowl, and would be the cornerstone that the texans need to convert to a 3-4.

12. Minnesota (6-10) - Ryan Mallet

Mallet has serious character concerns, but the vikings need a QB in a bad way.

13. Detroit (6-10) - Robert Quinn

Quinn is the BPA, and lions continue to take the highest rated player on their board.

14. St. Louis (7-9) - Julio Jones

The rams need to provide Bradford with weapons.

15. Miami (7-9) - Mark Ingram

Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams will most likely be gone, so RB will be targeted early.

16. Jacksonville (8-8) - Aldon Smith

I almost went with CB, as the Jags have missed on a few DE's, but Smith present better value than Brandon Harris at this point.

17. New England - from Oakland (8-8) - Cameron Heyward

The Pats are still looking for a replacement for Seymour.

18. San Diego (9-7) - Akeem Ayers

The chargers need someone to step into Merriman's shoes.

19. New York Giants (10-6) - Nate Solder

The Giants don't have many needs, so can afford to take a shot on Solder. The Giants need a LT of the future.

20. Tampa Bay (10-6) - Adrian Clayborn

The news coming out of Tampa is that they are very high on Clayborn.

21. Kansas City* (10-6) - Justin Houston

The Chiefs need someone opposite of Tamba Hali

22. Indianapolis* (10-6) - Stephen Paea

The Colts have needed a run stopping DT for a while now.

23. Philadelphia* (10-6) - Derek Sherrod

The eagles need an upgrade at OT.

24. New Orleans* (11-5) - Martez Wilson

A bit of a reach, but the Saints have needed a LB for a while now.

25. Seattle* (7-9) - Tyron Smith

Pete Carroll takes a versatile O-Lineman that he coached at USC.

26. Baltimore* (12-4) - Brandon Harris

The secondary was weak in 2010 and needs upgrading this offseason.

27. Atlanta* (13-3) - Ryan Kerrigan

I'm still convinced that a top DE will fall, and if Kerrigan, who is a strictly 4-3 DE, runs a slow 40, then it might just be him.

28. New England* (14-2) - Torrey Smith

Another weapon for Brady to play with, and would be an upgrade over Tate.

29. Chicago* (11-5) - Anthony Costanzo

The bears need to protect Cutler.

30. New York Jets* (11-5) - Corey Liuget

Fits well at the Jets.

31. Green Bay* (10-6) - Aaron Williams

The heir to Woodson at Green Bay.

32. Pittsburgh* (12-4) - Mike Pouncey

The idea of putting the Pouncey brother next to each other is too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Falcons draft as follows:

1. Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue

2. Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy

3. Demarco Murrey, RB, Oklahoma

4. James Carpenter, OT, Alabama

5. Jordan Cameron, TE, USC

6. Casey Matthews, LB, Oregon

7. Mario Harvey, LB, Marshall

7. Mario Addison, DE, Troy

7. Justin Rodgers, CB, Richmond

I like Kerrigan. Don't think he will fall to us though. The rest of your picks are great. I like Greg Little as out WR though. He's big. Fast, Quick and has great hands. I'd also take a chance on Romeus in the later rounds. Let him sit for a year if he pans out.

Not a bad draft, the only player I don't agree with was Akeem Ayers to San Diego. Ayers is nothing like Merriman, and while he has the size to play OLB in a 3-4, he doesn't necessarily have the skill set. I think he'd fit better as an ILB in a 3-4 defense.

Also, I like the Robert Quinn pick, but I'm skeptical that the Lions would consider drafting another player high in the 1st round who didn't play football for an entire year.

I'm waiting to see how the Palmer ordeal works out, before I start mocking a QB to Cincinnati also.

Other than that it's a good draft, nothing really sticks out as an obscure fit. I like it.

I like Kerrigan. Don't think he will fall to us though. The rest of your picks are great. I like Greg Little as out WR though. He's big. Fast, Quick and has great hands. I'd also take a chance on Romeus in the later rounds. Let him sit for a year if he pans out.

I can see one of the top DE's falling, especially if some of the teams who need a DE address this in free agency.

Yeah I like Little and Romeus too.

Not a bad draft, the only player I don't agree with was Akeem Ayers to San Diego. Ayers is nothing like Merriman, and while he has the size to play OLB in a 3-4, he doesn't necessarily have the skill set. I think he'd fit better as an ILB in a 3-4 defense.

Also, I like the Robert Quinn pick, but I'm skeptical that the Lions would consider drafting another player high in the 1st round who didn't play football for an entire year.

I'm waiting to see how the Palmer ordeal works out, before I start mocking a QB to Cincinnati also.

Other than that it's a good draft, nothing really sticks out as an obscure fit. I like it.

Thanks man!

San Diego was a tough pick, but I think Ayers could play either OLB or ILB in their system. He might not be Merriman, but I think he'll be better than English.

I see the lions going BPA, and the thought of Quinn on the same line as Suh is pretty scary if it works out.

Cinci will be interesting this offseason. I'm not sure if Carson stays, but either way I think they'll be looking for their QB of the future.

looks like a nice draft. i'm still not sold on kerrigsn here though.. also surprising that you haven't got Watt in the first round.. his stock is soaring right now. but the rest looks pretty good.

I don't know what to think about Kerrigan. I know that he produced very well in college and I know that he is a hard worker. The question is whether he has the physical talent to become anything more than just another player. If he turns out to be an average NFL DE, we will have whiffed twice on drafting a DE.

I think that TD and Co. are committed to developing Sidbury. I am betting that IF we draft a DE, he will come to us in a later round.

As far as the first round is concerned, I am betting that we draft a CB or OT.

I don't know what to think about Kerrigan. I know that he produced very well in college and I know that he is a hard worker. The question is whether he has the physical talent to become anything more than just another player. If he turns out to be an average NFL DE, we will have whiffed twice on drafting a DE.

I think that TD and Co. are committed to developing Sidbury. I am betting that IF we draft a DE, he will come to us in a later round.

As far as the first round is concerned, I am betting that we draft a CB or OT.

Kerrigan has an explosive first step, great strength and a relentless motor. I really can't see him busting - worse case scenario for me is that he is another Biermann.