Super Downer: For Now

falcndave

It is an intangible thing. I'm sitting here watching ESPN. I'm watching a piece on Mike vs. Mike. Then they throw up the Steelers and Packers logo. At that point I literally felt a little sick to my stomach.

This Super Bowl just seems all wrong. The wrong teams are playing. The wrong Mikes are coaching. It all seems a little strange to me.

After I reflected for about 30 seconds I began to feel a lot better. This organization has change to the point that me and other long time fans, its seems strange that they are not in the Super Bowl.

We've got work to do. In some ways the divisional play off game was just too big a moment for this team. In no way do I believe GB was too big a team. I'll be supporting the Packers for today. Next year, I'm going to look forward to ripping our trophy out of their hands.

GO FALCONS!

(To the owners and players, get it done. I can stand the thought of losing this momentum.)

It is an intangible thing. I'm sitting here watching ESPN. I'm watching a piece on Mike vs. Mike. Then they throw up the Steelers and Packers logo. At that point I literally felt a little sick to my stomach.

This Super Bowl just seems all wrong. The wrong teams are playing. The wrong Mikes are coaching. It all seems a little strange to me.

After I reflected for about 30 seconds I began to feel a lot better. This organization has change to the point that me and other long time fans, its seems strange that they are not in the Super Bowl.

We've got work to do. In some ways the divisional play off game was just too big a moment for this team. In no way do I believe GB was too big a team. I'll be supporting the Packers for today. Next year, I'm going to look forward to ripping our trophy out of their hands.

GO FALCONS!

(To the owners and players, get it done. I can stand the thought of losing this momentum.)

This is not the Clampett Falcons, the June Jones run n shoot falcons, the Vick led falcons- thought they all had their moments, none of them had this solid a foundation in place.

GB was the better team a couple of weeks ago, but the Falcons will improve. Falcons will be in the playoffs again next year, and I expect Ryan to break through. This team will take the next step up- Blank, TD, Smith and Ryan won't allow anything else.

Not brown nosing anyone, but this is what I like hearing. This is by far the best group of talent, coaching, front office, and ownership we've ever had. I mean we're technically rebuilding from scratch almost. 5-6 round picks are even playing well. This team was very young, but disciplined (-1 key game). If someone can't appreciate what we have right now... they need to get some therapy.

"This Super Bowl just seems all wrong. The wrong teams are playing."

Didn't we hear this in 1998? We are on the right track and I feel confident we'll get there. We just need to add a few more missing parts. Think where we were just three short years ago.

I'll go out on a limb and say... I wouldn't be surprised if it happen this next season.

IT IS A NICE FEELING TO KNOW THAT WE BELONG, WE ARE A LEGIT TEAM. THREE WINNING SEASONS AND THE FUTURE DEFINITELY LOOKS BRIGHT. I REALLY FELT IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR. NEVER REALLY HAD THAT FEELING BEFORE, AND I HAVE BEEN A FAN FOR OVER 30 YEARS. 1998 WAS GREAT, BUT LOOKING BACK, IT WAS JUST ONE GOOD YEAR WHERE EVERYTHING WENT RIGHT, EXCEPT FOR THE LAST GAME. THEN IT WAS BACK TO LOSING AGAIN. I AM EXTREMELY PROUD OF WHAT THIS TEAM HAS ACHIEVED OVER THE LAST THREE YEARS!! I TOO, WAS IN DISBELIEF, I KEPT THINKING THAT IS SUPPOSE TO BE MY TEAM PLAYING ON FEBRUARY 6TH, 2011. IT WAS NOT, BUT IT WILL BE, SOON!!

well seing as how ALL of ESPN thought we were a joke this season (and we still have yet to prove them wrong) I could care less about them. But the main point is this: have we won a super bowl? No. Were we the worst #1 seed in the history of the playoffs? Yes. So all in all were the SAME OLE FALCONS.

Not really. The old Falcons never had 3 straight winning seasons, these do.The old Falcons never had the chance to be great, these do. Not the same ole Falcons. Not at all.